Let's go ahead and start the excuses now

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When the Cowboys beat Carolina, soundly, and they will, how long before some doofus says yeah but Carolina doesn't count because it wasn't a "real test." Their first real test will be in "week ?".

Pretty much how it goes. Dallas loses and it is the end of the season if we win it will not be by enough and Carolina has injuries. Funny the only time injuries are used as an excuse is when it is the other teams injuries. lol
As for a real test? to me every game is a test, teams put in work through out the week and the final exam is on Sunday (Mon or Thursday) and you get 16 real test.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm curious...what makes you so confident the Cowboys will beat Carolina?

I only ask because I absolutely have no handle on what either team will be this year.

True right now all we know are results from last season but as week 1 kicks off it is hard to know what any team will look like

Carson

Reaction score
Carolina was banged up

New York was knocking the rust off they are young

Seattle was lagged from road games

Etc.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't think anyone will say that. I would hope nobody would be saying much of anything after one game, regardless of what happens. It's a long season, and week 1 is probably the least indicative of what kind of team you'll end up being.

I don't think Dallas will win soundly either.

I don't think Dallas will win.

Hope I'm wrong on the last 2.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When the Cowboys beat Carolina, soundly, and they will, how long before some doofus says yeah but Carolina doesn't count because it wasn't a "real test." Their first real test will be in "week ?".
it happens every year. we will win a few games that we shouldn't (based on people's and writers consensus) and lose a few we shouldn't. always after a loss, the haters want heads rolling, micro examine every play call and analyze things to death, as their expectations is to win every game and we know that won't happen and only has happened twice in 50+ years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And last night's game only served as a reminder to me of how little we know about our team going into the season.

True, just based on what I have seen with this Cowboys team I think this defense is going to be for real. So heading into this game I do feel good about this defensive unit. Offensively hard to say

pansophy

Reaction score
Pretty much how it goes. Dallas loses and it is the end of the season if we win it will not be by enough and Carolina has injuries. Funny the only time injuries are used as an excuse is when it is the other teams injuries. lol
As for a real test? to me every game is a test, teams put in work through out the week and the final exam is on Sunday (Mon or Thursday) and you get 16 real test.
The first real test will be our first playoff game. Until then I don't think anyone will feel truly confident that we are capable of getting it done and will find reasons to doubt -- experience has shown these doubts to be sound fwiw.

Reaction score

Given the number of unproven Cowboys players at nearly every position group I'd say there are no "real tests" yet, we're just rebuilding and hoping to have a competitive team.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Excuses work both ways....if they lose there will be the usual excuses of "it's only the first game", "they need time to develop chemistry", "the refs cost us" etc.

I get people can't stand "haters" but the call outs of haters magnify the hate. Just offer a different opinion if you disagree with a negative opinion.

Haters typically don't create call out threads or initiate arguments with homers. They typically try to stick with football while homers are occupied with the hater's opinions. What do you think the board would be like if the haters proactively attacked homers because of their opinions?