Let's go ahead and start the excuses now

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If you are not into TL/DR's, the following is not for you:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/ring-side-seats-2018-regular-season-primer-part-1-me.413718/

But if you are a big reader like I am, you might appreciate that I touched on much of what you just said. It is a 2 part series, but a hyperlink at the bottom of the above article will take you to part 2. :thumbup:

Good read. Right now not looking for 1 player to carry this team I'm looking at several guys coming together and playing as a team.

jday

Reaction score
Good read. Right now not looking for 1 player to carry this team I'm looking at several guys coming together and playing as a team.
No doubt. As I intimated in the linked article, it starts up front. Can the offensive line continue to open holes and protect Dak, despite no Frederick and the new addition at LG? I think we all know Zeke is going to be a beast; he and DLaw are probably the only two players I am certain about going into 2018. Dak has some proving to do himself. Given the time to operate, will he make teams pay for loading the box to stop Zeke?

For me the above questions are the most important questions I hope to find answers on Sunday...but with those answers, I suspect, we will still be left with alot more questions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And if we lose? What excuses will you offer up?

These call out threads are getting worse because we are now trying to call out people before something even happens.
Lol

Yea.. pretty sad

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No doubt. As I intimated in the linked article, it starts up front. Can the offensive line continue to open holes and protect Dak, despite no Frederick and the new addition at LG? I think we all know Zeke is going to be a beast; he and DLaw are probably the only two players I am certain about going into 2018. Dak has some proving to do himself. Given the time to operate, will he make teams pay for loading the box to stop Zeke?

For me the above questions are the most important questions I hope to find answers on Sunday...but with those answers, I suspect, we will still be left with alot more questions.

I agree. Meantime Dak and this team need to do what any successful team do which is find a way to win. To me how that is done is by eliminating the negative plays like turnovers and penalties. Carolina has a strong defense and Dak can't let them frustrate him to the point where he makes poor decisions. If a play is not there run or throw it away. Biggest thing that hurt Dak last season were the increase in turnovers.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
No Excuses ALLOWED....we got rid of the what held this team back from a Superbowl as Dez,Witten,Green Chaz(poor Chaz) we are Superbowl ready as we have all the pieces with our STUD QB and our Raven 2000 Defense( Jaylon is Ray Lewis baby) to rock the NFL to its core..... ouuahhhh......
You forgot the BEST OL in the HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
() your a reliable poster but this simply isn't true. Now I'll say there are some quality posters who hate the usual suspects
but then those posters are burdened with the idiots that repeat redundant group think that is so tiring.
We homers are just lovable Irish Sitters defending the fatherland.
While there’s room for all types of fans, if you’ve ever attended a game you’d of observed all kinds. Not everyone you’d embrace but they all have the right to pursue their passions however they choose regardless of how it effects us.

I’ve found that ignoring or shrugging off those you’d rather not sit next to or invite over to the house is a less confrontational situation. In other words rising above instead of lowering yourself to their level.

Social Media of course provides the annoymous setting where indirectly bashing is more common place without getting slugged in the face or beer thrown on you but it’s still waste much too much time in a forum setting as such.

In the end I think most fans are more likely to gravitate to opinions and conduct similar to theirs and listen to the analysis of critics more than the cheerleaders who serve an important part.
Go Cowboys!!

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

I'm looking into the crystal orb, and I see our Boys losing 17-16.

We play fairly well, but have too many missed opportunities in the RZ, too many penalties, a costly TO, and execution isn't adequate with so many new faces.

Would love to be wrong.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Excuses work both ways....if they lose there will be the usual excuses of "it's only the first game", "they need time to develop chemistry", "the refs cost us" etc.

I get people can't stand "haters" but the call outs of haters magnify the hate. Just offer a different opinion if you disagree with a negative opinion.

Haters typically don't create call out threads or initiate arguments with homers. They typically try to stick with football while homers are occupied with the hater's opinions. What do you think the board would be like if the haters proactively attacked homers because of their opinions?
with my apologies, people do provide explanations and reasons and manage expectations, but haters don't want to listen. they start from the game we recently lost and trace history to 12 years ago and micro analyze every play, every loss and every season.....and then we win a couple and lose one and it starts all over again, same things over and over and over and over....as I mentioned above, the expectations of the haters is not to lose any games. any loss will get magnified. any win will be dismissed and credited to something else. when will that change? when will haters offer something new and get realistic? and I hate to be the contrary, but I can point to 10s of threads started on "garrett sucks and should be fired".... they do initiate a lot of arguments....and no they don't stick to football, there is plenty of conspiracy theories that get thrown around....come on dude...you have seen it to

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I understand your perspective on the defense. In training camp/preseason, the starters looked really good. But on the other hand, I do wonder how much of there looking good had to do with the offenses they faced playing bad? How much had to do with the vanilla approach to preseason? How much of it had to do with teams not wanting to put too much on tape? How much did it have to do with coaches protecting their marquee players? The list of questions goes on and on.

As for the offense, I am right there with you. There is no denying Zeke's dominance as a RB, but he is one person and can't do it all...or can he? o_O
Somebody is blocking for him.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
with my apologies, people do provide explanations and reasons and manage expectations, but haters don't want to listen. they start from the game we recently lost and trace history to 12 years ago and micro analyze every play, every loss and every season.....and then we win a couple and lose one and it starts all over again, same things over and over and over and over....as I mentioned above, the expectations of the haters is not to lose any games. any loss will get magnified. any win will be dismissed and credited to something else. when will that change? when will haters offer something new and get realistic? and I hate to be the contrary, but I can point to 10s of threads started on "garrett sucks and should be fired".... they do initiate a lot of arguments....and no they don't stick to football, there is plenty of conspiracy theories that get thrown around....come on dude...you have seen it to
Here is what typically happens and I'll use your words...someone will say "garrett sucks and should be fired". When the hater says that, it infuriates some homers and someone will call the poster out instead of arguing that Garrett is a good head coach and should not be fired.

That is what "normally" happens. It happens that way much more often than a hater proactively calling out a homer for their positive take. Hell, you have one poster here who gets off on going around calling people haters. His name is that of a beer.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
blah blah blah,, this sounds like some crap you do when you're 8-10 years old.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I think Carolina's DL is going to give us fits on the interior, and that's not good for Zeke or Dak. An athletic but physically weak OG beside a career backup C is not the recipe for controlling some of the best DT's in the league.

kskboys

Reaction score
We are playing against a playoff team from last year in their house. Against a really good defense and a QB built like a tank. This won't be easy at all.
Plus, McCaffrey is turning out to be a stud, and Cam gets Olson back.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hope we win, but losing a road game to a playoff team from last year isn't a serious indictment on the entire season.

coult44

Reaction score
No Excuses ALLOWED....we got rid of the what held this team back from a Superbowl as Dez,Witten,Green Chaz(poor Chaz) we are Superbowl ready as we have all the pieces with our STUD QB and our Raven 2000 Defense( Jaylon is Ray Lewis baby) to rock the NFL to its core..... ouuahhhh......

How about Jaylon just be as good as Hitchens or even Durant was on our team before we anoint him as one of the best LB's in the history of the NFL

kskboys

Reaction score
And if we lose? What excuses will you offer up?

These call out threads are getting worse because we are now trying to call out people before something even happens.
Yeah, I thought call out threads/posts were against the rules.