Let's go ahead and start the excuses now

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm curious...what makes you so confident the Cowboys will beat Carolina?

I only ask because I absolutely have no handle on what either team will be this year.
There is no way to be confident about choosing either team on Sunday lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the Cowboys beat Carolina, soundly, and they will, how long before some doofus says yeah but Carolina doesn't count because it wasn't a "real test." Their first real test will be in "week ?".

No Excuses ALLOWED....we got rid of the what held this team back from a Superbowl as Dez,Witten,Green Chaz(poor Chaz) we are Superbowl ready as we have all the pieces with our STUD QB and our Raven 2000 Defense( Jaylon is Ray Lewis baby) to rock the NFL to its core..... ouuahhhh......

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the Cowboys beat Carolina, soundly, and they will, how long before some doofus says yeah but Carolina doesn't count because it wasn't a "real test." Their first real test will be in "week ?".

If the Cowboys are too dominant, Goodell will force them to add Dez back to the team to prevent them from winning.

jday

Reaction score
True, just based on what I have seen with this Cowboys team I think this defense is going to be for real. So heading into this game I do feel good about this defensive unit. Offensively hard to say
I understand your perspective on the defense. In training camp/preseason, the starters looked really good. But on the other hand, I do wonder how much of there looking good had to do with the offenses they faced playing bad? How much had to do with the vanilla approach to preseason? How much of it had to do with teams not wanting to put too much on tape? How much did it have to do with coaches protecting their marquee players? The list of questions goes on and on.

As for the offense, I am right there with you. There is no denying Zeke's dominance as a RB, but he is one person and can't do it all...or can he? o_O

waving monkey

Reaction score
Excuses work both ways....if they lose there will be the usual excuses of "it's only the first game", "they need time to develop chemistry", "the refs cost us" etc.

I get people can't stand "haters" but the call outs of haters magnify the hate. Just offer a different opinion if you disagree with a negative opinion.

Haters typically don't create call out threads or initiate arguments with homers. They typically try to stick with football while homers are occupied with the hater's opinions. What do you think the board would be like if the haters proactively attacked homers because of their opinions?

() your a reliable poster but this simply isn't true. Now I'll say there are some quality posters who hate the usual suspects
but then those posters are burdened with the idiots that repeat redundant group think that is so tiring.
We homers are just lovable Irish Sitters defending the fatherland.

Batman1980

Reaction score

Who cares? You play who's on your schedule.

waving monkey

Reaction score
No Excuses ALLOWED....we got rid of the what held this team back from a Superbowl as Dez,Witten,Green Chaz(poor Chaz) we are Superbowl ready as we have all the pieces with our STUD QB and our Raven 2000 Defense( Jaylon is Ray Lewis baby) to rock the NFL to its core..... ouuahhhh......
gloat :D

Batman1980

Reaction score

There's some sarcasm dripping out of your mouth.

jday

Reaction score
There is no way to be confident about choosing either team on Sunday lol.
Part of the problem for me pontificating on this game is the fact that in many ways its pretty close to being a mirror match. Similar offensive attacks and both defenses could be really good this year. It wouldn't surprise me to see a game that looks alot like what we saw in the first half of Altanta VS Eagles last night.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Part of the problem for me pontificating on this game is the fact that in many ways its pretty close to being a mirror match. Similar offensive attacks and both defenses could be really good this year. It wouldn't surprise me to see a game that looks alot like what we saw in the first half of Altanta VS Eagles last night.

It will come down to coaching,

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys may win but no way they do it soundly. It’ll be a close defensive game... Cowboys will be lucky to put up 23 or 24 points.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I understand your perspective on the defense. In training camp/preseason, the starters looked really good. But on the other hand, I do wonder how much of there looking good had to do with the offenses they faced playing bad? How much had to do with the vanilla approach to preseason? How much of it had to do with teams not wanting to put too much on tape? How much did it have to do with coaches protecting their marquee players? The list of questions goes on and on.

As for the offense, I am right there with you. There is no denying Zeke's dominance as a RB, but he is one person and can't do it all...or can he? o_O

I agree, however some of the things I was looking at for example of guys like Jaylon who looked much faster and showing fluid change of direction in him movements. But overall aggression I was seeing from 1st unit defense gives me hope this group will surprise people. Offensively Yeah Zeke is the man but I also understand that the passing game must be strong enough to take some of the focus off of Zeke. Dak has to step up if he does I think this offense will produce and especially if this defense is creating turnovers and setting the offense up in good field position. Come sunday we will start finding out much more about this team

Flamma

Reaction score
What excuses? We don't know crap after week1. It's always better to win but it always takes a few weeks into the season to get an idea of how good teams are. Some teams turn it around midway through the season. Flashback to 1986 and the 14-2 Giants. One of the best defense I have ever seen on a football field. Our 7-9 Cowboys beat them in week1.

jday

Reaction score
I agree, however some of the things I was looking at for example of guys like Jaylon who looked much faster and showing fluid change of direction in him movements. But overall aggression I was seeing from 1st unit defense gives me hope this group will surprise people. Offensively Yeah Zeke is the man but I also understand that the passing game must be strong enough to take some of the focus off of Zeke. Dak has to step up if he does I think this offense will produce and especially if this defense is creating turnovers and setting the offense up in good field position. Come sunday we will start finding out much more about this team

If you are not into TL/DR's, the following is not for you:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/ring-side-seats-2018-regular-season-primer-part-1-me.413718/

But if you are a big reader like I am, you might appreciate that I touched on much of what you just said. It is a 2 part series, but a hyperlink at the bottom of the above article will take you to part 2. :thumbup: