Let's not forget the price for Wentz (2-1st, a 2nd, a 3rd & two players)

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's very true. And an excellent point.

That team - and specifically the defense - that I saw yesterday gives me a lot more hope that we can compete with the Eagles than I had before.

If the cowboys defense keeps playing like that. We are going to make the playoffs. And then who knows what happens.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Let's not forget the price for Wentz (2-1st, a 2nd, a 3rd & two players)

They traded Bradford and got a first-round pick in 2017 and a fourth-round pick in 2018 so the net cost* was really only the two players and exchanging a 2nd round pick in 2016 for a 4th round pick in 2018

*net cost = what was given up over and above a first round pick which any team would have gladly used (except Cleveland of course)

But I agree wholeheartedly with you that I'd rather have Dak for a 4th and I'd gladly spend what Philly did on Wentz to get Dak

superonyx

Reaction score
In today's NFL, a franchise QB has to be considered a "Pearl of Great Price" (Biblical reference) where the QB is worth selling all of your possessions to acquire. They are so hard to find and add so much that can be built upon. You have to give Philadelphia credit in both recognizing the potential in Wentz....and in developing him properly. They are playing well right now...and getting the breaks. Still a lot of football left and we'll see how it goes from here.
It’s also worth noting that this Andy Reid/Doug Pederson offense is very QB friendly. Andy Reid has Alex Smith in MVP talks. McNabb owes much of his success to this offense also.

Not taking anything away from Wentz. I just don’t know if he would have this success in Cleveland.
Andy’s offense makes QBs look really good and has for years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, if we see that same level of performance, I like our chances the rest of the way.

:thumbup:

No Zeke and they have no chance. It's as simple as that.

Now what's the likelihood of Zeke playing the rest of the season?

dfense

Reaction score
Broncos offense is horrendous. That's why Asswilder is starting. Then they immediately lose their RB. Their offense can't sustain drives, their QB starts handing the ball to the Eagles D. it's downhill from there. Wentz was actually only 50% for under 200 yards. Broncos just collapsed quickly. Letting a RB with a bad knee run untouched for a 50 yard score tells it all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No Zeke and they have no chance. It's as simple as that.

Now what's the likelihood of Zeke playing the rest of the season?

Given the ride we've had on this rollercoaster up to this point?

Any guess is as good as another.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broncos offense is horrendous. That's why Asswilder is starting. Then they immediately lose their RB. Their offense can't sustain drives, their QB starts handing the ball to the Eagles D. it's downhill from there. Wentz was actually only 50% for under 200 yards. Broncos just collapsed quickly. Letting a RB with a bad knee run untouched for a 50 yard score tells it all.

Broncos 42
Cowboys 17

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Wentz is certainly playing well but they have had a cake schedule too. First tough game the have played vs Chiefs they lost. If we beat the Falcons this week, it will be a very interesting game vs the Eagles the following week. We beat them and we are only one game away from taking over the division. We have 3 very winnable games after the Eagles game too.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Wentz can make all the throws. He is the real deal. I was trying to find something negative about him all day yesterday - no luck there. They definitely did not give up too much for him

Dak is not the same passer as Wentz but as a QB he is doing a great job. It will be a curious comparison of their carreers I think. Wentz will be a prolific passer and Dak may put up more of Aikman numbers for a career. Lets hope Daks career ends up with titles and Wentz ends up like Marino!

visionary

Reaction score
Minus that worst example of prevent defense in the history of the league, we had a fairly dominant performance against the team that handed them their only loss. So there’s that

I would like to believe it but it doesn't work that way

Just look at what they did yesterday to the team that beat us handily in week 2

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm sure they don't care what how much they paid at this point.

He's playing good ball.

I am still annoyed by how easily the rest of the league let them get out of their idiotic mistakes.

Thanks Miami and Minnesota.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz is certainly playing well but they have had a cake schedule too. First tough game the have played vs Chiefs they lost. If we beat the Falcons this week, it will be a very interesting game vs the Eagles the following week. We beat them and we are only one game away from taking over the division. We have 3 very winnable games after the Eagles game too.

People keep talking like Zeke's there all season.

conner01

Reaction score
It was a big price to pay for the Eagles, however, if he maintains anything like his current trajectory, he’ll be worth everything they have up.
A franchise qb is worth what ever it takes
A miss on a trade up for one can hurt a franchise for years
The price for wentz is a testiment to just how lucky we got with Dak

Sydla

Reaction score
I will gladly take Dak and Zeke over Wentz plus the loss of the all the draft picks. It really is not even close. The Wentz the Bedders don't really even think about what Philthy gave up to get a guy that at best is even with Dak.

The loss of draft picks doesn't seem to be hurting them.

In reality all they lost were a couple of 2nd round picks and a third rounder. They got their first back when they traded Bradford.

Philly throws a bomb in the middle of the "we have to build slowly, it's the only way to win" crowd here that makes excuses for the FO over and over for personnel failures.