Let's not sleep on the Colts

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes their record isn't great, I saw a team against Philly that almost won. Offense isn't great great, I think their defense could create some problems for us. Interested in watching them before they play us. Please give me your thoughts on them.

I hope nobody is saying we should blow them off the earth, let's stop that talk until there's :01 seconds on the clock and WE have the ball with more than one point than they have!!!!

Could this be the feared "trap game"?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes their record isn't great, I saw a team against Philly that almost won. Offense isn't great great, I think their defense could create some problems for us. Interested in watching them before they play us. Please give me your thoughts on them.

I hope nobody is saying we should blow them off the earth, let's stop that talk until there's :01 seconds on the clock and WE have the ball with more than one point than they have!!!!

The Colts QB isn't lighting up the boards. Their backup QB is Prime UT manure just like most Longhorns resemble in the NFL.
Chaps, The Colts D sucks and their coach sucks.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Here we go again. We should respect every opponent because Any Given Sunday, but these weekly warning threads are getting ridiculous. Whoa is us.

Agreed. We get it, this is the NFL. They have quality, paid, pro athletes on their side, too. Games are usually close.

You can respect an opponent but say you think our team is better and should win. We don't need to quiver into the fetal position for every team we play.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I actually fear the colts after our last matchup with them. Again, Colts do not matchup well with us. They seem to be a team that always slaughters us.

A game 4 years ago on the road? Yeah, that is an eternity in any sport and has no bearing on this week's game. They had Luck back then and a pretty good team. They have an end of career Ryan and just aren't that good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

I havent seen them play all season lol. So I dont know anymore than u do. will try to watch a recent game of them.
you cant sleep on or assume you will beat any team this season, been a lot of shocking upsets.

I think some dallas fans are assuming dallas beats every team left aside from phil and maybe tenn.

plasticman

Reaction score
If the Cowboys give any team a chance, they will upset the Cowboys.

Lately, the Cowboys have been extremely generous with those chances in the form of poor coaching decisions, turnovers, and especially penalties.

The Cowboys can beat themselves, their opponents get all the benefits.

The Cowboys need to understand that they are competing against more than a team on gameday, they are competing against a perception.

It's that perception that they really have to defeat. They can't just believe that it is their season, they have to be confident enough to know that this is their season. And if this is their season then they will take care of business next game and all remaining games.

Jipper

Reaction score
Could this be the feared "trap game"?

We already had the team game against gb...

We are at home, against a far inferior team, that has a very poor old qb, with a junior hc, after they played a Monday night and we had a 10 day break.

We're gonna ride the Colts out of town

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We already had the team game against gb...

We are at home, against a far inferior team, that has a very poor old qb, with a junior hc, after they played a Monday night and we had a 10 day break.

We're gonna ride the Colts out of town

My. I wholeharedly agree.
(Me mention of a "trap game" was voiced in a sardonic and wry manner, you scalawag.)

But, good lad, keep the women 'n kids away from the screen. It won't be pretty. They would recoil in horror at the carnage and then go back to their fancy phone screens.
Also, I trust the Geneva Convention will be in play at this game.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If the Colts can stay in the game similar to what the Giants game on Thanksgiving they can keep it close. They don’t want Ryan throwing the football on obvious passing downs. Two things standout about the Colts to me, they have a good defense and Matt Ryan is washed.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Don't sleep on Taylor. We always struggle against top RBs. I woulda loved to seen us play Cleveland. I think Chubb and Cooper would presented some huge problems.
:huh::facepalm: I wish we could play Buffalo, Baltimore, and Kansas City so we can prepare for the playoffs. Dude you play the schedule that was given. The Cowboys end the season with Philadelphia, Tennessee and Washington (Two games on the road) can’t see any team with a tougher end season schedule.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Colts are average…..at best.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
:huh::facepalm: I wish we could play Buffalo, Baltimore, and Kansas City so we can prepare for the playoffs. Dude you play the schedule that was given. The Cowboys end the season with Philadelphia, Tennessee and Washington (Two games on the road) can’t see any team with a tougher end season schedule.

This Week 13 may shape the rest of the regular season. The consideration is the Titans@Eagles game, which is, on paper, the potential slip game to allow us the chance to take the NFCE.
At the moment we throw everything into winning, however, the question's going to be ....do we show everything into beating the Eagles on Christmas Eve (IF THEY ARE STILL TWO GAMES UP and have to lose to Giants or Saints)?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This Week 13 may shape the rest of the regular season. The consideration is the Titans@Eagles game, which is, on paper, the potential slip game to allow us the chance to take the NFCE.
At the moment we throw everything into winning, however, the question's going to be ....do we show everything into beating the Eagles on Christmas Eve (IF THEY ARE STILL TWO GAMES UP and have to lose to Giants or Saints)?
The Cowboys got screwed by the schedule makers this season. The final four games will be tough. Jacksonville on the road, the Eagles Christmas Eve, Tennessee on the road with a short week. I guess you get a mini bye with Washington at the end of the season but the Cowboys will have a let down at Jacksonville or Tennessee. That is just normal.

Jipper

Reaction score
i have to be up a 430 on monday, im probably going to sleep on the colts...really hate night games and the regular season doesn't really excite me much at this point, especially because there is very little chance we miss the playoffs.