Let's put to rest one piece of the Elliott situation

Sydla

Reaction score
There have been people here who have believed Elliott committed the crimes and would point to the fact that he didn't publicly state that he was innocent in the last few weeks.

The lawsuit and the NFL's own report undercut that claim as both specifically note that Elliott has claimed his innocence and that he never touched her.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I was one who thought that just because the NFL was a bunch of bumbling fools didn't mean Elliott was innocent. I'm still a little skeptical but I'd have to be blind not to see how the NFL has wronged him given the information we have right now. Even if Elliott were guilty (which I admit there is very little decent evidence to this effect), the NFL has screwed the pooch by investigating then going against the evidence they uncovered when ruling. That there is written documentation to this effect is so tremendously huge.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Like Darren Woodson, he thinks the suspension is justified because of the other issues.
That seems to be the theme on espn. Schefter even says he feels bad because its embarrassing for league. Nevermind the fact that an innocent man is being railroaded smh. Dont listen to any mouthpiece that comes from ESPN. Even if its a former cowboy. They have their agendas handed down from their execs.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Like Darren Woodson, he thinks the suspension is justified because of the other issues.
I really can't trust people to not speak like this in public. That's why you see more disagreement in these threads than you do on tv. Being in the public eye is cya in most cases esp on stuff like this.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

What other issues should be considered in the suspension? The only things I'm aware of are:
  • He walked into a weed store in Seattle. if it is legal there and he was not caught using it, buying it, having it in his system he did absolutely nothing wrong. Is walking into a pot store now a suspendable offense?
  • He was in a nightclub where the DJ was punched in the nose. There were conflicting reports on who threw the punch, and by most accounts it was someone else that threw the punch. So is being in a club where a fight breaks out now a suspendable offense?
  • He pulled the top down of his GF in public who later said it was not an issue. While this action is very immature, and against all better judgement, is it really worthy of a suspension or maybe just a reprimand.
  • He was hanging out on a boat on a lake with friends and bikini clad women. No drugs or alcohol were noticed.
  • He's jumped into a salvation barrel on thanksgiving day.
Am I missing something? If not, this is what adds up to EE's conduct being considered detrimental to the league and should be suspended any length of games, as well as demonstrable proof that it is highly likely that he is an abusive person. Labelling Zeke as a problem player heading down a path off self destruction is ludicrous. Potentially as bad as Dez hanging out at the mall with his posse and their pants hanging down. This truly is a NFL/ media inspired witch hunt.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
I think at this point this can't be about the individual case outcome anymore. Zeke also has an obligation to the NFLPA and his brethren to help them fight this maniacal monster the NFL has become.

This is bigger than him now, there can be no doubt about that. If a victory is achieved for him at the expense of at least attempting to cast a blinding light on the corruption and incompetence that exist within the league hierarchy, that would be a shallow victory indeed.

His case is the best platform for justice the players have had in a very long time. He can't turn his back on that responsibility.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What other issues should be considered in the suspension? The only things I'm aware of are:
  • He walked into a weed store in Seattle. if it is legal there and he was not caught using it, buying it, having it in his system he did absolutely nothing wrong. Is walking into a pot store now a suspendable offense?
  • He was in a nightclub where the DJ was punched in the nose. There were conflicting reports on who threw the punch, and by most accounts it was someone else that threw the punch. So is being in a club where a fight breaks out now a suspendable offense?
  • He pulled the top down of his GF in public who later said it was not an issue. While this action is very immature, and against all better judgement, is it really worthy of a suspension or maybe just a reprimand.
  • He was hanging out on a boat on a lake with friends and bikini clad women. No drugs or alcohol were noticed.
  • He's jumped into a salvation barrel on thanksgiving day.
Am I missing something? If not, this is what adds up to EE's conduct being considered detrimental to the league and should be suspended any length of games, as well as demonstrable proof that it is highly likely that he is an abusive person. Labelling Zeke as a problem player heading down a path off self destruction is ludicrous. Potentially as bad as Dez hanging out at the mall with his posse and their pants hanging down. This truly is a NFL/ media inspired witch hunt.
Man look out you might be accused of being a DV supporter. I raised these same issues and I was told by a poster I basically condone DV.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I think at this point this can't be about the individual case outcome anymore. Zeke also has an obligation to the NFLPA and his brethren to help them fight this maniacal monster the NFL has become.

This is bigger than him now, there can be no doubt about that. If a victory is achieved for him at the expense of at least attempting to cast a blinding light on the corruption and incompetence that exist within the league hierarchy, that would be a shallow victory indeed.

His case is the best platform for justice the players have had in a very long time. He can't turn his back on that responsibility.

This...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If we were all being honest and clear about this, we would all recognize the fact that this is about optics and optics mean money. This is about money and regardless of all the social justice heroes out there, that's the bottom line. Elliott is not innocent in this situation. He did this to himself by putting himself in those situations, repeatedly. I hope this proves to be a lesson to all of our other players.

The owners don't care about all the rest IMO. They care about the product and how that effects the bottom line. That's the truth of it IMO.

bandfan

Reaction score
We can also put to rest this idea that the NFL and its advisers are competent and that you don't do an investigation that takes over a year long and not do a good, thorough job.

YR
Apparently the investigator did a great job.....

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Apparently the investigator did a great job.....

Why did they only transcribe 2 of the 6 interviews they had with Thompson?

Even if Roberts didn't believe a suspension should be levied...it's inexplicable that they failed to transcribe each interview (hell, they didn't even transcribe half of the interviews).

YR