Let's put to rest one piece of the Elliott situation

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's also be clear that Elliott was suspended only for domestic violence, the other incidents have no bearing on this. I've seen many people referencing his suspension being justified due to other events.
There's a middle ground here. He shouldn't have gotten 6 games for the major incident, but pulling down a woman's shirt is not something the NFL should condone ever. Period.

It's okay to be a Cowboy fan and understand that behavior warrants a suspension.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
There's a middle ground here. He shouldn't have gotten 6 games for the major incident, but pulling down a woman's shirt is not something the NFL should condone ever. Period.

It's okay to be a Cowboy fan and understand that behavior warrants a suspension.
Then he should have gotten a game or two from that. I don't think there would have been any uproar over that.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Then he should have gotten a game or two from that. I don't think there would have been any uproar over that.
Agreed. It was poorly handled by the league. No objections there.

If Goodell came out and said "4 for the major violation" and "2 for the public exposure", I would have been like, go after the 4 game part and accept the 2 for what it is.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Pulling down a woman's top in public, while stupid and offensive, should not warrant a suspension.

Josh Brown received 1 game for repeatedly beating the **** out of his wife. Exposing your wife's boobs in public is not the same as beating your wife.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Pulling down a woman's top in public, while stupid and offensive, should not warrant a suspension.

Josh Brown received 1 game for repeatedly beating the **** out of his wife. Exposing your wife's boobs in public is not the same as beating your wife.
It is in Roger Goodell's world. lol

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Exactly with bold. I wouldn't do it myself but I know people who have when they were younger and even girls who did it themselves. Young people do stuff like that and I don't know why everybody all of a sudden is a pearl clutcher. I guess if somebody gets caught having consensual sex in public that should be six games since the top is one according to most? Funny thing is if they just suspended him over the top since most are at least public pearl clutchers nobody would've said jack for the most part. Nfl so silly.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we were all being honest and clear about this, we would all recognize the fact that this is about optics and optics mean money. This is about money and regardless of all the social justice heroes out there, that's the bottom line. Elliott is not innocent in this situation. He did this to himself by putting himself in those situations, repeatedly. I hope this proves to be a lesson to all of our other players.

The owners don't care about all the rest IMO. They care about the product and how that effects the bottom line. That's the truth of it IMO.
They did Zeke dirty. That's the truth too.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But he wasn't suspended for that behavior. Something else you can blame on the league.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If we were all being honest and clear about this, we would all recognize the fact that this is about optics and optics mean money. This is about money and regardless of all the social justice heroes out there, that's the bottom line. Elliott is not innocent in this situation. He did this to himself by putting himself in those situations, repeatedly. I hope this proves to be a lesson to all of our other players.

The owners don't care about all the rest IMO. They care about the product and how that effects the bottom line. That's the truth of it IMO.
I agree with most of this but guilty because of a bad situation I can't agree with that. I think a lot of us say things that if they were used against us we wouldn't be so quick to accept. Well you know I put myself in a bad situation so even though I didn't do anything hit me with your best shot and I'll just take it. Nah that's not how it will play out for most at all if its them on the line instead of speaking about others.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
That seems to be the theme on espn. Schefter even says he feels bad because its embarrassing for league. Nevermind the fact that an innocent man is being railroaded smh. Dont listen to any mouthpiece that comes from ESPN. Even if its a former cowboy. They have their agendas handed down from their execs.

I'm canceling my cable tomorrow, just so Espn loses another customer. Been wanting to cut the cord for a while now. Cable is a rip off. Them biased east coast mediots, all need to go. They're part of what's wrong with the NFL.

:espn:

Don Corleone

Reaction score

I'm from Louisiana. Exposed boobs during parades are perfectly normal and socially accepted.

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The Josh Brown system is (yet another) miscarriage of justice by the NFL. This is why they require a neutral third party investigator.

Also, if Josh Brown was caught on video, that would be a lot more than 1 game. Zeke is on video. It's not hearsay.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They did Zeke dirty. That's the truth too.

Maybe they did but Zeke allowed that. Zeke could have been the golden boy because that's what the NFL wanted. He still might be, in time, but Zeke put himself in those situations and that's on him. The owners are the owners and every one of us knows that. At some point, you have to look at this from a realistic stand point. That doesn't mean fair or how it should be or whatever. That means how it is. That's just the truth, right or wrong.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Maybe they did but Zeke allowed that. Zeke could have been the golden boy because that's what the NFL wanted. He still might be, in time, but Zeke put himself in those situations and that's on him. The owners are the owners and every one of us knows that. At some point, you have to look at this from a realistic stand point. That doesn't mean fair or how it should be or whatever. That means how it is. That's just the truth, right or wrong.

I once dated a woman that turned out to be crazy. I ran the other way. It is okay to run away...

MrPeanutbutter

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. The optics are bad and that is Zeke's fault.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree with most of this but guilty because of a bad situation I can't agree with that. I think a lot of us say things that if they were used against us we wouldn't be so quick to accept. Well you know I put myself in a bad situation so even though I didn't do anything hit me with your best shot and I'll just take it. Nah that's not how it will play out for most at all if its them on the line instead of speaking about others.

But he is not most. Most of us will never, ever get the change he has now. With that comes baggage and part of that is that you gotta tow the line with what the NFL wants out of players. You sign for that when you sign a player contract.