Let's put to rest one piece of the Elliott situation

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The NFL is stupid int his situation.

He told her specifically to *not* come over to his condo rental when she told him that she was going to ruin his career and she came over anyway.

Stop trying to find fault with EE because Thompson is a lying, gold digging, psycho.

Instead, thoroughly investigate the incident and place the blame correct person. Then when future accusations of DV come against a player people won't be skeptical because people like yourself are grasping at straws to railroad the man.

We are constantly told that it would be wrong to question a female for sticking with her abuser...but when it's the other way around...we claim that the man isn't 'innocent' because 'he put himself in that situation.'

It's wildly hypocritical.

YR

Yes. Nobody should ever find fault with Zeke here. Get real.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
According to who, you?

According to common logic.

We are told that it’s not okay to blame true DV victims for still sticking with their abuser. We are told that it’s not okay to bring up things about the victim that has nothing to do with the case (sexual past, type of employment, drug use). The same should go for the victims of false accusations. There are some examples of your hypocritical thinking. But, since you have such a desire to say 'See, I told you so!', you'll just stick to being hypocritical.

Have fun with that.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe they did but Zeke allowed that. Zeke could have been the golden boy because that's what the NFL wanted. He still might be, in time, but Zeke put himself in those situations and that's on him. The owners are the owners and every one of us knows that. At some point, you have to look at this from a realistic stand point. That doesn't mean fair or how it should be or whatever. That means how it is. That's just the truth, right or wrong.

But what does this have to do with the NFL nailing him for a 6 game suspension?

Your post would make sense if what we are talking about is suspensions for all the little dumb stuff he does.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
According to common logic.

We are told that it’s not okay to blame true DV victims for still sticking with their abuser. We are told that it’s not okay to bring up things about the victim that has nothing to do with the case (sexual past, type of employment, drug use). The same should go for the victims of false accusations. There are some examples of your hypocritical thinking. But, since you have such a desire to say 'See, I told you so!', you'll just stick to being hypocritical.

Have fun with that.

YR

Who is we? "We" sounds to me like a very convenient way of trying to associate a line of thought.

Tell you what, you continue on this path and we can discuss further, once the legal process has played out. However, and I will stress this point again, the girl means nothing here. All of the he said, she said means nothing. The fault here, where Elliott is concerned, is the fact that he put himself in this situation to begin with. Your so called "common logic" should get you to a point where that is clear to you.

Common sense tells you not to make the kind of stupid statements he has made. Common sense tells you not to be anywhere near the kinds of situations he has been linked to. Common sense should tell you that it doesn't matter what you or I or the media or whomever says. Common sense should tell you that the players agreed to give Goodell the power to make these kinds of decisions and it's stupid to ignore that.

Learn the difference between "hypocritical" and "reality".

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But what does this have to do with the NFL nailing him for a 6 game suspension?

Your post would make sense if what we are talking about is suspensions for all the little dumb stuff he does.

You don't think this is really about Zeke's overall behavior? I absolutely think this is what this is all about.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Tell you what, you continue on this path and we can discuss further, once the legal process has played out. However, and I will stress this point again, the girl means nothing here.

So the girl who lied to a Florida police officer about being assaulted when EE told her to get out of his hotel room 'means nothing?'

And the girl that notified that EE that she was pregnant (whether she was telling the truth or not) with his child 'means nothing.'

And the girl that had an abortion (allegedly) 'means nothing.'

And the girl that continued to stalk EE 'means nothing.'

And the girl that he tried to distance himself from but couldn't because he was afraid she would make a scene...which she continued to do so...'means nothing.'

EE was right. He knew that he couldn't afford for things to get out of hand with TT because people like yourself would find fault with him simply because he is a man and she is a woman. And TT was right...she knew that people would take her side of his. And she was able to exploit the situation by stalking him and threatening to ruin his career if he tried to leave. He tried anyway and she still went thru with it. As I've said a million times...this society has learned nothing from the Duke lacrosse case. Have fun with standing on that side of the argument.

YR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So the girl who lied to a Florida police officer about being assaulted when EE told her to get out of his hotel room 'means nothing?'

And the girl that notified that EE that she was pregnant (whether she was telling the truth or not) with his child 'means nothing.'

And the girl that had an abortion (allegedly) 'means nothing.'

And the girl that continued to stalk EE 'means nothing.'

And the girl that he tried to distance himself from but couldn't because he was afraid she would make a scene...which she continued to do so...'means nothing.'

Correct. None of that means anything in the larger context. Clearly, it means nothing. If it meant something, then he would not be in the situation he is in today. What the players, via the NFLPA agreed to means something.

EE was right. He knew that he couldn't afford for things to get out of hand with TT because people like yourself would find fault with him simply because he is a man and she is a woman. And TT was right...she knew that people would take her side of his. And she was able to exploit the situation by stalking him and threatening to ruin his career if he tried to leave. He tried anyway and she still went thru with it. As I've said a million times...this society has learned nothing from the Duke lacrosse case. Have fun with standing on that side of the argument.

If only EE could have figured this out before all of these things had happened right? Unfortunately for him, people like me, or you, or whomever else is out there don't matter one bit. The one that matters is the NFL League Office. You just don't get it do you. The players agreed to this in the CBA, in exchange for more money. All the rest is just a lot of noise, a lot of crying over things that are not really relevant.

If you want to to do that, it's fine with me but the bottom line is that the players agreed to this. Goodell has the power to make these kinds of decisions and the players better get right with this idea. You too Rich.

YR[/QUOTE]

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Correct. None of that means anything in the larger context. Clearly, it means nothing. If it meant something, then he would not be in the situation he is in today. What the players, via the NFLPA agreed to means something.

If only EE could have figured this out before all of these things had happened right? Unfortunately for him, people like me, or you, or whomever else is out there don't matter one bit. The one that matters is the NFL League Office. You just don't get it do you. The players agreed to this in the CBA, in exchange for more money. All the rest is just a lot of noise, a lot of crying over things that are not really relevant.

If you want to to do that, it's fine with me but the bottom line is that the players agreed to this. Goodell has the power to make these kinds of decisions and the players better get right with this idea. You too Rich.

YR
[/QUOTE]

Snore.

YR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Snore.

YR[/QUOTE]

This is the first thing you've posted, on this subject, that I agree with. This is boring. I'm tired of seeing it. Tired of talking about it. Tired of the whole thing. Plus, I totally believe your speaking the truth to us when you admit, you've been asleep at the wheel this entire time.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There have been people here who have believed Elliott committed the crimes and would point to the fact that he didn't publicly state that he was innocent in the last few weeks.

The lawsuit and the NFL's own report undercut that claim as both specifically note that Elliott has claimed his innocence and that he never touched her.

Not only is the NFL front office incompetent but they do a terrible job of getting info out to fans and media.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we were all being honest and clear about this, we would all recognize the fact that this is about optics and optics mean money. This is about money and regardless of all the social justice heroes out there, that's the bottom line. Elliott is not innocent in this situation. He did this to himself by putting himself in those situations, repeatedly. I hope this proves to be a lesson to all of our other players.

The owners don't care about all the rest IMO. They care about the product and how that effects the bottom line. That's the truth of it IMO.

Yea, Romo quir playing golf due to fan perception about his back issues.

Having said that, the main issue is DV and a crazy woman. How do players avoid this type of situation?

I've had women target me based on money and I"m very low profile. There was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader that worked at company where I did contract consulting. She started coming by my office to "talk" which seemed odd until I realized her bff was the admin that handled my billing issues. I was making about 300K then (1999) and I'm certain that they discussed it. I was tempted to pursue a relationship because she was hot but I was already dating a really hot stripper so I didn't.

They later changed admins and the exact same thing happend. It was kind of comical because it was black cheerleader / black admin bff then later white flirty girl / white admin bff.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yea, Romo quir playing golf due to fan perception about his back issues.

Having said that, the main issue is DV and a crazy woman. How do players avoid this type of situation?

I've had women target me based on money and I"m very low profile. There was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader that worked at company where I did contract consulting. She started coming by my office to "talk" which seemed odd until I realized her bff was the admin that handled my billing issues. I was making about 300K then (1999) and I'm certain that they discussed it. I was tempted to pursue a relationship because she was hot but I was already dating a really hot stripper so I didn't.

They later changed admins and the exact same thing happend. It was kind of comical because it was black cheerleader / black admin bff then later white flirty girl / white admin bff.

The women thing is tougher but, for example, you don't need to create problems for yourself by doing the whole "pull down the top" thing. It just sends the wrong message and creates problems for yourself. It forces the NFL to get involved when in truth, they would rather not have to deal with it. The truth is that the NFL doesn't really care about much of this, unless it becomes public. Then, because of perception, they have to get involved and they have to do it in such a way (in their view) that reflects or sends a very strong, very public message. In short, they go overboard.

I think that everybody understands that there are those out there that are going to try and take advantage of a given situation. As you said, you don't have to be a Professional Athlete, in order to deal with these kinds of issues. Money attracts that kind of attention, regardless of vocation. The point here is that you aren't going into this situation with your eyes closed. There are literally armies of people that educate these guys on how it works. The issues with women, go back to his OSU days. All of this stuff just sets Elliott up for bad situations. I mean, if you know your a target, why would you start a relationship with a "Sex Slave"? Why would you pay for rent, car etc? It's just not smart and it only makes it easier for these people to set him for a mark. Add the statements on drug use and the violent situations he's been around and you make it harder for yourself. This is why I say he has responsibility in this. It's not about the women being credible or any of that BS. We all know what she is, including Zeke. Yet, he still put himself there. Just stupid.

I know people don't want to hear this and they want to support Zeke but honestly, if he weren't a Cowboy and this was a player from another team, I think most people would look at this and decide that guilty or not guilty of any actual wrong doing, he's definitely guilty of being stupid and acting with little regard for his and the teams well being with his actions. That's just my opinion, of course.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The women thing is tougher but, for example, you don't need to create problems for yourself by doing the whole "pull down the top" thing. It just sends the wrong message and creates problems for yourself. It forces the NFL to get involved when in truth, they would rather not have to deal with it. The truth is that the NFL doesn't really care about much of this, unless it becomes public. Then, because of perception, they have to get involved and they have to do it in such a way (in their view) that reflects or sends a very strong, very public message. In short, they go overboard.

I think that everybody understands that there are those out there that are going to try and take advantage of a given situation. As you said, you don't have to be a Professional Athlete, in order to deal with these kinds of issues. Money attracts that kind of attention, regardless of vocation. The point here is that you aren't going into this situation with your eyes closed. There are literally armies of people that educate these guys on how it works. The issues with women, go back to his OSU days. All of this stuff just sets Elliott up for bad situations. I mean, if you know your a target, why would you start a relationship with a "Sex Slave"? Why would you pay for rent, car etc? It's just not smart and it only makes it easier for these people to set him for a mark. Add the statements on drug use and the violent situations he's been around and you make it harder for yourself. This is why I say he has responsibility in this. It's not about the women being credible or any of that BS. We all know what she is, including Zeke. Yet, he still put himself there. Just stupid.

I don't know when she started the Sex Slave stuff. I thought that was a recent thing.

I might be the wrong person to judge because I've provided cars to women in the past.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know when she started the Sex Slave stuff. I thought that was a recent thing.

I might be the wrong person to judge because I've provided cars to women in the past.

Hey, before my Wife and before settling down, I am guilty of trying to help women that I dated as well. I lent money, bought stuff that I never saw again. I mean, I get it but obviously, the situations are completely different. I understand all of that but the bottom line here, at least where Zeke is concerned for me is, he knew what she was. In all of these things, he knew what he was getting himself associated with. He may not have known what it might ultimately lead to, but he knew the kinds of people and potential situations he was getting himself involved with. That's the problem for me. He just isn't showing good judgement in these situations and after the fact, he doesn't seem to be interested in correcting those kinds of things. He continues to put himself in those iffy type situations. That's not smart and it's not good for the team. He is way too important to the team to risk what it will take to keep him, unless he figures it out. He has to start getting it or the team will ultimately suffer for it, IMO.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, before my Wife and before settling down, I am guilty of trying to help women that I dated as well. I lent money, bought stuff that I never saw again. I mean, I get it but obviously, the situations are completely different. I understand all of that but the bottom line here, at least where Zeke is concerned for me is, he knew what she was. In all of these things, he knew what he was getting himself associated with. He may not have known what it might ultimately lead to, but he knew the kinds of people and potential situations he was getting himself involved with. That's the problem for me. He just isn't showing good judgement in these situations and after the fact, he doesn't seem to be interested in correcting those kinds of things. He continues to put himself in those iffy type situations. That's not smart and it's not good for the team. He is way too important to the team to risk what it will take to keep him, unless he figures it out. He has to start getting it or the team will ultimately suffer for it, IMO.

It's interesting to note that guys like Clooney and Warren Beatty married women that were successful on their own and didn't need money per se. They could have picked from hordes of super hot and young women but didn't.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that guys like Clooney and Warren Beatty married women that were successful on their own and didn't need money per se. They could have picked from hordes of super hot and young women but didn't.

Yeah. That does kinda make you think a little bit.