Lets talk about Anthony Brown

Dre11

Reaction score
I dont like him. HE is the weak link on defense. When he plays tight, he gets beat and cant recover and gets PI. When he gives cussion he is better, but gives up the underneath stuff.

HE needs to be replaced.

Don't know how you can say that considering how he's played this year, and in other years he was hurt. Can't have all pros everywhere.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
That's what the announcers said, but you do not have to turn your head. Brown prevented the WR from catching the ball. The WR runs into the defender, that is what happened. So the defender needs to allow the WR to make a play if his head is not turned?

You are supposed to play the ball and not the man. Had Brown played the ball he probably picks it. At any rate, not turning your head is the signal the ref goes on. I don’t like it either but it keeps the refs from trying to make a judgment.

Dre11

Reaction score
That's what the announcers said, but you do not have to turn your head. Brown prevented the WR from catching the ball. The WR runs into the defender, that is what happened. So the defender needs to allow the WR to make a play if his head is not turned?

The defender grabbed his head so he couldn't turn. It bogus, because he didn't make contact with wr, the wr initiated the contact

Dre11

Reaction score
You are supposed to play the ball and not the man. Had Brown played the ball he probably picks it. At any rate, not turning your head is the signal the ref goes on. I don’t like it either but it keeps the refs from trying to make a judgment.

I would agree if he initiated the contact, the wr initiated and grabbed his head and locked on

exciter

Reaction score
Same thing that happens in Tampa with Quinn putting him in “trail” position on Antonio brown.

Coaches aren’t putting these guys in all situations to win. Why are you in mad on a 3rd and 18?

Kazee, Lewis, Brown and Diggs all stunk
Had to spend a long time in coverage yesterday!

Zman5

Reaction score
Most CBs are as good as your pass rush. Once we get our starting DLinemen back, opposing QB won't have 5 minutes to scan the field to find where Brown is so they can just chuck it up there.

Dre11

Reaction score
Same thing that happens in Tampa with Quinn putting him in “trail” position on Antonio brown.

Coaches aren’t putting these guys in all situations to win. Why are you in mad on a 3rd and 18?

Kazee, Lewis, Brown and Diggs all stunk

That's false. He wasn't in trail position, by design, he was suppose to help over the top from Kazee and Kazee blew the coverage

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes. Anthony Brown has been a solid player.

The NFL is built on corner getting beat. Watch more games than Dallas please.

Diggs gets beat like a drum all the time but yet we want to call out Brown who is just as good if not better than him at covering.

Brown is not a issue.

Was he bad yesterday? Yes he was awful.
I'm not asking you is he solid or if corners get beat. I'm asking do you think yesterday was his only bad game?

Adreme

Reaction score
The defender grabbed his head so he couldn't turn. It bogus, because he didn't make contact with wr, the wr initiated the contact

If you watch the replay the ball already hit the defender in the back when his head was grabbed. At that point turning your head is meaningless; you have to do it BEFORE contact.

Carson

Reaction score
That's false. He wasn't in trail position, by design, he was suppose to help over the top from Kazee and Kazee blew the coverage

Verbatim from Quinn for the trail technique

GINeric

Reaction score
Oh you mean like the weak before in KC when they only allowed 19 points to KC?

Dak needed to actually help bail the defense out for once. Instead everyone on this team needs to bail out Stats Prescott.

Dak isn't perfect and has a bad game vs KC, no doubt. But maybe some of it had to do with 27 pressures and 4 or 5 dropped passes. Should I fault Dak for not blocking for himself and catching very catchable passes???

I'll wait....

Dre11

Reaction score
If you watch the replay the ball already hit the defender in the back when his head was grabbed. At that point turning your head is meaningless; you have to do it BEFORE contact.

Again if he doesn't iniate the contact there should be no flag.

DMX690

Reaction score
Brown was awful yesterday. He's lost his technique and confident. Smart on the Raiders to go after him time after time on critical situation.

Dre11

Reaction score

Verbatim from Quinn for the trail technique

"Brown did his job , because of the slip his help didn't get there." So he was in trail, but Kazee should've been over the top, So that means they were in a cover 1 or 3

Adreme

Reaction score
Again if he doesn't iniate the contact there should be no flag.

If you run into the WR, which he did, and you are not looking for the ball, which he wasn’t, they will call that every single time. It’s fine to dislike the rule but they will always call that.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
In that play Brown had the defender covered and could not turn his head because the receiver kept him from doing that. The goal is not to make it easy for the ref to call a penalty.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
AB is stand up guy.

DQ is the F up here because needed to roll coverage to AB's side, especially on 3rd downs.

And DQ still sticking head in sand.

Franchise most penalties and he is not willing to change or second guess anything he did that game.

:facepalm:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Awesome....just what this forum needs...anther Anthony Brown excuse thread. Add this to the collection.