Let's talk about Dak's restructuring

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That is such flawed logic. It's more the way he plays, when under pressure, than the outcome.

This years SF game, he was playing well until the Pollard injury, once he went down Dak has to shoulder the diminished running game and step up, .....no team has an armchair ride to a SB win and that's where I see him failing (again, there's something about him playing at the highest level, under the highest pressure).

Where we agree is ....lets have a roster to, for once and for all make an ultimate decision. Perform or move on, cut out all avenue's of blame, especially as there's going to be another extension discussion this time next year. Im not even saying he needs to win a SB in the next year (or two), just an ability to prove that he can handle the pressure.
wait, now you changed your argument from can't play under pressure to now the way he plays.......

btw, you take pollard out, you leave the offense with one WR, given the others disappeared. and then you have an OC that loves to call 12 yard curls.....Dak played bad. Moore got owned by SF DC.

and yes, we need the right roster. we don't have the right roster. our DL sucks, where we had to move a LB to play DE (Parsons) because he is so good and he got tired by end of the year because he is not a DE (just good at it). when you make him a DE, you weaken a LB that out a weak group. we have a so so secondary, and we went cheaper route on WR, by letting our best or at second best WR walk because of personal reasons. handed a large contract to a gimpy guy and took the 6th player from the depth and made him a major part of our offense. we took a coach, with all of one year of coaching experience ANYWHERE, and put him in one of the most important if not the most important position in NFL....how did you think that was going to work out?

I think we could wfind some success with Dak, if we put the right system and players around him despite his flaws. recently, SF did it. Rams did it with Goff, Cam newton and half armed Manning did it, ravens and even SF did it with Kapernick....

having elite QB helps, but in the past 10 years there have been 2 Elite QBs out of 31 first round picks. one on the fringe perhaps (Allen). couple of other ones with potential to be top tier. outside of Mahomes, nobody below top 10 comes even close. so you either throw in the towel now or you try to build.

Hadenough

Reaction score
That is such flawed logic. It's more the way he plays, when under pressure, than the outcome.

This years SF game, he was playing well until the Pollard injury, once he went down Dak has to shoulder the diminished running game and step up, .....no team has an armchair ride to a SB win and that's where I see him failing (again, there's something about him playing at the highest level, under the highest pressure).

Where we agree is ....lets have a roster to, for once and for all make an ultimate decision. Perform or move on, cut out all avenue's of blame, especially as there's going to be another extension discussion this time next year. Im not even saying he needs to win a SB in the next year (or two), just an ability to prove that he can handle the pressure.
I totally agree! Problem I have with Dak is everything seems to have run through the course of being Dak friendly. He had the offensive line, he has had the running game, he has had the WRs, he has had the defense and what we have seen is everything has to be absolutely perfect for him to perform. He could of won that last game against the 49ers had he just settled down and found his open guys. Dak has always been a guy that needs two tries to to toss the paper towel in the trash can. Dak is the guy that always seems to miss the uncontested slam dunk.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
wait, now you changed your argument from can't play under pressure to now the way he plays.......
Not changed anything ....how he play's under pressure...... it's this very attitude of having to confront any Dak criticism that makes it difficult to discuss anything with you. On every thread about Dak you jump on the blind faith and push criticism to EVERY other aspect of the team rather than the responsibility of the QB.

You say "Dak Played Bad" and then brush that under the table and start your usual diatribe and straight away deflect your DETAILED criticism onto everything else....start with Moore (ok) and then end up on DT's as if that (and the Defense as a whole) have similar weighting for the woes of the team.

Have the last say, i'll meet you on another thread.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I totally agree! Problem I have with Dak is everything seems to have run through the course of being Dak friendly. He had the offensive line, he has had the running game, he has had the WRs, he has had the defense and what we have seen is everything has to be absolutely perfect for him to perform. He could of won that last game against the 49ers had he just settled down and found his open guys. Dak has always been a guy that needs two tries to to toss the paper towel in the trash can. Dak is the guy that always seems to miss the uncontested slam dunk.
:hammer:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Dak came in 2016 and took over a Romo-friendly team and was insanely good producing a top 10 all-time NFL rookie season by a QB.
That was the most talent on offense he has ever had. But that defense was weak as Rodgers demonstrated.

Saying he had this or that when reality is he had some semblances of those things at varying times.
Last year he had no WR2 and he had back ups at BOTH OT spots.
The defense who carried the team under Rush was hit hard by injury and became mortal.

Brady needed perfection to beat Dak last year? Because the GOAT got dog-walked into retirement.

It is a team game and you need a team to win.
Outside of Mahomes there isn't a single QB who would have surely beaten SF with the Dallas offense that day, especially in the 2nd half with knee brace Zeke and no TP.

Hurts and Purdy had elite situations and not surprisingly performed very well.

There is 1 NFL QB consistently outperforming his talent at hand.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you realize how laughable you look saying I’m wrong about zeke and pollard and you were right?

People are laughing at your zeke posts daily. You are that guy. Lol
Show me who is laughing, you are the only one responding. Making up stuff again.
Because I NEVER said I was right about Zeke or WRONG about Pollard.

I said Zeke was not worth his contract based on performance, but neither is Dak.

So far you have been wrong about your beloved Dak "Mr. INT losing the SF game" Prescott

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak came in 2016 and took over a Romo-friendly team and was insanely good producing a top 10 all-time NFL rookie season by a QB.
That was the most talent on offense he has ever had. But that defense was weak as Rodgers demonstrated.

Saying he had this or that when reality is he had some semblances of those things at varying times.
Last year he had no WR2 and he had back ups at BOTH OT spots.
The defense who carried the team under Rush was hit hard by injury and became mortal.

Brady needed perfection to beat Dak last year? Because the GOAT got dog-walked into retirement.

It is a team game and you need a team to win.
Outside of Mahomes there isn't a single QB who would have surely beaten SF with the Dallas offense that day, especially in the 2nd half with knee brace Zeke and no TP.

Hurts and Purdy had elite situations and not surprisingly performed very well.

There is 1 NFL QB consistently outperforming his talent at hand.
Daks first season playoff game against GB was his best and it was against the 31st ranked pass defense. Rodgers carried that team to a win. Brady has finally hit the wall. The Bucs were not a good team and Dallas defense loves a statue. Like Dak has proven in the past he is a front runner and can do well when they get ahead against weaker teams. Dak had chances in that 49ers game and did nothing except for one nice pass to Dalton Schultz. Yeah Schultz is a weapon. Dak missed aTD with Hilton and didnt want to go to Brown after his implosion. Guys like Burrow or Josh Allen would of won that game. I believe Dallas could of won with Goff or Jimmy G. Dak dissappears against better defenses. Remember when Dak stunk it up in that win and your in game against the Eagles. Wentz had WRs off the street. It's like Dak goes from a top 10 QB to a bottom 10 QB.
I'm sick of hearing about excuses for Dak, the dude never steps up when the going gets tough. He doesn't even just help the team by making a few plays. That Dallas defense pretty much shut down the 49ers.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Daks first season playoff game against GB was his best and it was against the 31st ranked pass defense. Rodgers carried that team to a win. Brady has finally hit the wall. The Bucs were not a good team and Dallas defense loves a statue. Like Dak has proven in the past he is a front runner and can do well when they get ahead against weaker teams. Dak had chances in that 49ers game and did nothing except for one nice pass to Dalton Schultz. Yeah Schultz is a weapon. Dak missed aTD with Hilton and didnt want to go to Brown after his implosion. Guys like Burrow or Josh Allen would of won that game. I believe Dallas could of won with Goff or Jimmy G. Dak dissappears against better defenses. Remember when Dak stunk it up in that win and your in game against the Eagles. Wentz had WRs off the street. It's like Dak goes from a top 10 QB to a bottom 10 QB.
I'm sick of hearing about excuses for Dak, the dude never steps up when the going gets tough. He doesn't even just help the team by making a few plays. That Dallas defense pretty much shut down the 49ers.
Josh Allen is Dak.
You couldn't find two more similar guys including bouncing out of playoffs at the same point last year.

Burrow may well have won it. But that isn't GTD at all. He had 2 INT and only scored 20 points in the Chiefs loss.

Those guys made it as far last year as Dallas/Dak did.

Brady had a great year staticitcally and threw for 4600 yards with 25 TDs and single digit INT. H ejust had fewer horses around him and Dak rolled that Bucs defense up.

Arguing QBs SHOULD go on the road and beat higher seeded team in the playoffs is just nuts. It can happen but it is not the norm or expectation for any QB.

Schultz is a fine TE but he isn't a weapon. He was 65th in the league in both receptions and receiving yardage.
He was Dak's 2nd target and just underwhelming in that role including a couple bad misplays in that SF game.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...huge-plays-late-against-the-49ers/ar-AA16DwqW

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not changed anything ....how he play's under pressure...... it's this very attitude of having to confront any Dak criticism that makes it difficult to discuss anything with you. On every thread about Dak you jump on the blind faith and push criticism to EVERY other aspect of the team rather than the responsibility of the QB.

You say "Dak Played Bad" and then brush that under the table and start your usual diatribe and straight away deflect your DETAILED criticism onto everything else....start with Moore (ok) and then end up on DT's as if that (and the Defense as a whole) have similar weighting for the woes of the team.

Have the last say, i'll meet you on another thread.
huh? I am just restating what you said. those are your words. not mine. never defended him, but I ask about the standards people use to measure and then contradict themselves which you have been.

I never put blind faith, in fact going out of my way stating he needs to improve, he is not elite and he has had bad games.

however, you in your posts put all the blame on him and any good play was despite him. your posts are out there for you to read your own statements.

and I never brushed off anything. unlike most including yourself, I don't put the loss solely on Dak and that's what you have taken issue with. I said, clearly said Dak played bad, but there were other reasons too that contributed to the loss, yet you want to dismiss those....just like when I mentioned Dak played well against Tampa and you went out of your way to say it was everybody else.

. you want a singular place to point finger. I just don't subscribe to that and you just can't accept that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Show me who is laughing, you are the only one responding. Making up stuff again.
Because I NEVER said I was right about Zeke or WRONG about Pollard.

I said Zeke was not worth his contract based on performance, but neither is Dak.

So far you have been wrong about your beloved Dak "Mr. INT losing the SF game" Prescott
I’ve been dead on about Dak from day #1.

Fyi…..no qb is worth 40m. Certainly not Dak. That’s been my stance from day #1.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Windows get tight when you take too long to throw the ball. That's the kind of INTs that I remember. Receivers running in the direction of other coverage and Dak taking too long to get rid of the ball so that he was throwing into the next window of coverage.

But I think 2016 and even 2017 was different in that regard.

Fewer throws with receivers heading across the field and more throws along the sidelines or with a receiver running toward the sidelines, so that the receiver was *not* running toward another defender.

Dak would even be better at those kind of plays than he used to be, as he really has improved on his deep ball. He used to leave so many plays on the field by overthrowing receivers deep.
Yeah. He takes too long and stares the receiver down sometimes which makes it worse. He has improved his passing skills but I still believe he needs to use his legs more. He had designed runs in 2016 and 2017 but they were afraid of that injury and knew running QBs don’t last long. If they go back to letting him run a few and not being shy about tucking it in and taking it himself then it will go a long way.

In the niners playoff game, the back breaking last int that was in the red zone I thought it was a perfect set up on 2nd and 1 to have him with an empty back field take off. Would have been a big run that would have set up a score. Instead he holds it and throws a tight window late throw that killed us..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah. He takes too long and stares the receiver down sometimes which makes it worse. He has improved his passing skills but I still believe he needs to use his legs more. He had designed runs in 2016 and 2017 but they were afraid of that injury and knew running QBs don’t last long. If they go back to letting him run a few and not being shy about tucking it in and taking it himself then it will go a long way.

In the niners playoff game, the back breaking last int that was in the red zone I thought it was a perfect set up on 2nd and 1 to have him with an empty back field take off. Would have been a big run that would have set up a score. Instead he holds it and throws a tight window late throw that killed us..
This is an empirical demonstration of what should be an obvious point.

If you sign your running QB to a long term deal, expect a dropoff in performance if you stop having him run. Not complicated.

A corollary is that you can get extra performance out of a QB you're willing to let run.

Hence my keep 'em coming and keep 'em running philosophy to QBs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Don't know if it was while watching the game, or seeing clips after, but I remember thinking "look at all the wide open field for Dak to run in". I think I've had that feeling in other games as well. We're leaving easy yardage on the table.