Lets talk about Rush connecting with receivers

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kurt Warner was stocking grocery shelves....

Saying that Cooper Rush is the same situation as Kurt Warner is absolutely ridiculous. If Warner had been on an NFL roster/practice squad for as long as Rush has he simply would have earned playing time.

lukin2006

Reaction score
This team has 2 backups. Just because Jones is paying one 40 million does not change a thing…I’m curious to see if Rush gets better now that he is practicing with the 1st team…

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Rush actually was cut at the end of this offseason and not a single NFL team even moved to sign him to their practice squad so actually it is just flat out reality.
He was released not waived. He didn’t go through the waiver process. You don’t know 100% if he was given an offer to sign with someone else. You’re just speculating on that. Maybe he did maybe he didn’t but you don’t know. So you are incorrect with your ‘flat out reality’. It’s ‘reality’ in your head only.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was released not waived. He didn’t go through the waiver process. You don’t know 100% if he was given an offer to sign with someone else. You’re just speculating on that. Maybe he did maybe he didn’t but you don’t know. So you are incorrect with your ‘flat out reality’. It’s ‘reality’ in your head only.

Look at my post just before your response. Unlike most people on this board I acknowledge my mistakes when it was pointed out. At the same time, I think it is rather safe to say that teams were not breaking down Rush's door trying to acquire his services after some rather mediocre and flat out bad play in the preseason.

By all means though, let us continue to anoint Cooper Rush as the heir apparent to the franchise. I'm no Dak worshiper and think we should be considering our exit strategy, but to pretend that Cooper Rush is better than a serviceable NFL spot starter is just out of touch.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Look at my post just before your response genius. Unlike most people on this board I acknowledged my mistake when it was pointed out. At the same time, I think it is rather safe to say that teams were not breaking down Rush's door trying to acquire his services after some rather mediocre and flat our bad play in the preseason.

By all means though, let us continue to anoint Cooper Rush as the heir apparent to the franchise.

Fair enough. I agree he did not have a good preseason and I’m not anointing him as the heir apparent to the franchise. I’m not sure if that was directed at me or someone else. My point was that there were/are cowboys fan who felt that there was no way he should be on an nfl roster which in my opinion is stupid.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fair enough. I agree he did not have a good preseason and I’m not anointing him as the heir apparent to the franchise. I’m not sure if that was directed at me or someone else. My point was that there were/are cowboys fan who felt that there was no way he should be on an nfl roster which in my opinion is stupid.

Agreed. Sorry to respond so rudely. That response was mainly aimed at others who have decided that Cooper Rush is the new Tom Brady after hanging 20 on the Bengals. This board is just becoming such a toxic cesspool of player hatred that I can't help but snap occasionally.

Jenky

Reaction score
Let’s rehash this topic. 3-0 as the starter.

giphy.gif