Lets talk about Rush connecting with receivers

Ken

Reaction score
Oh...is someone feeling bad today? Just stare at your Dak poster for awhile, I'm sure you will feel much better.
Nope...i feel great.

It's ok, i know pointing out facts about the clear ignorant bias of some of you upsets you.

I am happy that Rush played well. Unlike you, i am not trying to make it more than it is.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can't believe this staff was able to somehow hide Rush on the practice squad. It's unreal no one snagged him. 19 for 31 is rare.

CWR

Reaction score
There fixed it for you. . . But you go ahead and micro focus on the Hill you wanna die on. . . . How do you know that Dak isnt changing the play at the line of scrimmage

And either way Who cares

Go ahead . . . Rant and Rave your argument all week

You replied to my post, so obviously YOU care.

Just run the ball. That is literally all I've been screaming for.

You want to change your argument now to Dak audibles out? Ok cool, maybe you're right, but can you find anything to support that?

If that is what is happening, it needs to be corrected by the COACHES.

basel90

Reaction score
I saw a veteran CB (Eli Apple) get used & abused by Noah Brown. Not to take anything away from Noah Brown.....he had a great game. That's all. The question down the road and as film continues on Noah and the Cowboy offense/tendencies.....and a CB better than Eli Apple is on the other side......we shall see if it don't matter or it does matter when a formidable CB matches up. That's all. Eli Apple play has been maligned by many, mainly his NFL peers.
great point . Cee Dee looked very solid also

NotForLong

Reaction score
You replied to my post, so obviously YOU care.

Just run the ball. That is literally all I've been screaming for.

You want to change your argument now to Dak audibles out? Ok cool, maybe you're right, but can you find anything to support that?

If that is what is happening, it needs to be corrected by the COACHES.
Its beyond just "Running The Ball" . . . Dak's delinquencies causes a lot if the Game Plan to go out the Window

And as soon as the 1 variable is changed and now they are running the ball like you demand . . . You still want to blame the OC. . . . The blames lies at the feet of Dak . . .

For whatever reason

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you are wrong then. The Cooper to Noah TD is EXACTLY throwing him open.

You lead the receiver away from contact or defenders, while still being "catchable". I first that that was a bad throw and Noah would miss it. Great throw...great anticipation of the open spot.

That is not throwing him open. The pass was high, as well Noah already had 3 steps on the DB. He was wide open already. Rush threw it where he was supposed to be, but it was high.

CWR

Reaction score
Its beyond just "Running The Ball" . . . Dak's delinquencies causes a lot if the Game Plan to go out the Window

And as soon as the 1 variable is changed and now they are running the ball like you demand . . . You still want to blame the OC. . . . The blames lies at the feet of Dak . . .

For whatever reason

When you are avg 5 yards a carry (tampa) it's not beyond anything but stupidity.

You say as soon as they commit and it falters (also apparently due to Dak) I then blame the OC. What is that statement based upon, other than your imagination? When was the last time we were met with that scenario, let alone my response, which you've taken liberties with?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Anybody crying about Rush’s almost picks which were at least quick and decisive throws at least, while ignoring Dak’s multiple DESPERATION throws into double and triple coverage, which should have resulted in at least 4 picks last week, are truly grasping at straws. Te facf is we never declared Rush an MVP and a top 5 QB in the league, we’ve just been trying to tell you Dak-Stans that Dak is the Garrett-in-training of QBs. He’s the Jason Garrett experiment for the Jones family in regards to QB play.

I mean look at the duds and horrible mechanics, including the typical multiple arm pumps by Dak just last week,

Elite right there!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you really want to know why or you just want to bury Dak?

If you REALLY want to know....they manned up on our WRs this week and dared us to beat them. To Coop's credit, he did.

They don't play Dak like that because he will put 40 up on them....

That is the difference.

Dak will put 40 up on them....after we fall behind 34-9 with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter...then the opposing D sits back and Dak puts up monster numbers and we still lose 41-40....my only question is where was the offensive procuction the 1st 3 quarters...and don't quote me examples of the very very weak teams he beat

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The People have spoken . . . There is revolution in the Air . . . And the people refuse to eat Cake

Cooper could excel over this time that Dak is out . . . especially if the Cowboys some how beat the Rams . . Cooper may not let go of the Reigns

Not all have spoken, although some surely have, it's the Cowboys FO that will determine Dak's fate. Those are the people that really count. Nothing is on tap right now for Dak to be relegated to the bench. Let's not prematurely assume anything until the evidence becomes clear that the Cowboys FO is prepared to change things. They're the only ones with the power to change Cooper's fate, assuming he convinces them.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Not all have spoken, although some surely have, it's the Cowboys FO that will determine Dak's fate. Those are the people that really count. Nothing is on tap right now for Dak to be relegated to the bench. Let's not prematurely assume anything until the evidence becomes clear that the Cowboys FO is prepared to change things. They're the only ones with the power to change Cooper's fate, assuming he convinces them.
Of course . . . but i predicted Dak's demise and I described it so accurately it is scary

Just Didnt realize it would happen so fast and the injury really added another aspect of having to play Cooper . . . And the injury is His Thumb on His throwing Hand . . . So He can't even hurry back . . . because if He does He may ruin His only chance

All of this causes Cooper to play which exposes the Fraud that is Dak

If He comes back and is unable to perform at the level of Rush . . . whatever that may be . . . Nobody knows

But I think this team is getting better with the additions of Peters and Gallup and the emergence of Brown is refreshing

The play of Stelle and the Rookie "Left Side" Just throw Him on the Left side and He is holding down the fort

Theres only 2 what ifs at this point

What if the league figures Rush out & What if His confidence grows and His Play improves?

Many have claimed it is almost impossible to "Figure Him Out" because His game is based upon His brain and not His physical limitations and in fact it is His ability to work within thise limitations which has provided Him with an NFL carear up until now

Its His ability fo see and process which allows for him to find the open spot

For what ever reason He us able to get more out of this team and No one gets blamed because Dak . . . for whatever it is worth

This has been the argument thrown in my face for 6 years . . . Well Who else are you gonna get at QB . . .well lookie here a Practice Squad Player beat the Super Bowl Representative from a year ago . . .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Of course . . . but i predicted Dak's demise and I described it so accurately it is scary

Just Didnt realize it would happen so fast and the injury really added another aspect of having to play Cooper . . . And the injury is His Thumb on His throwing Hand . . . So He can't even hurry back . . . because if He does He may ruin His only chance

All of this causes Cooper to play which exposes the Fraud that is Dak

If He comes back and is unable to perform at the level of Rush . . . whatever that may be . . . Nobody knows

But I think this team is getting better with the additions of Peters and Gallup and the emergence of Brown is refreshing

The play of Stelle and the Rookie "Left Side" Just throw Him on the Left side and He is holding down the fort

Theres only 2 what ifs at this point

What if the league figures Rush out & What if His confidence grows and His Play improves?

Many have claimed it is almost impossible to "Figure Him Out" because His game is based upon His brain and not His physical limitations and in fact it is His ability to work within thise limitations which has provided Him with an NFL carear up until now

Its His ability fo see and process which allows for him to find the open spot

For what ever reason He us able to get more out of this team and No one gets blamed then Dak . . . for whatever it is worth

This has been the argument thrown in my face for 6 years . . . Well Who else are you gonna get at QB . . .well lookie here a Practice Squad Player beat the Super Bowl Representative from a year ago . . .

OK, I get it that you're all in on Dak getting ousted and Cooper Rush taking over -- there's no doubt about it. In the clear light of day, as much as you and some others want to see that happen ASAP, it's not over 'til the fat lady sings. She might be warming up her vocal cords in the background, but there's more to this story yet to be told. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and assume the "changing of the guard" is imminent.

Cooper Rush must still beat the Giants and the Commanders to solidify his standings. Dak may or may ot return to be saddled with the dubious honor of competing vs. the Rams . . . a more than difficult task, to be sure. Let see how things shake out. Let's not assume the Dallas FO will be jumping at their chance to rid the Cowboys of Dak before they're totally convinced he's done. We'll see if the "fat lady" shows up or not. Anything can happen and nobody knows what to expect until it actually happens.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is not throwing him open. The pass was high, as well Noah already had 3 steps on the DB. He was wide open already. Rush threw it where he was supposed to be, but it was high.
If the throw us behind and in the dirt....like we have seen.....its not throwing open.

Now.....if you want to call throwing open throwing where its supposed to be.....fine.

It just a more specific term.....leading the receiver to the open spot. It doesnt always happen that way. Some are better that others at it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, I get it that you're all in on Dak getting ousted and Cooper Rush taking over -- there's no doubt about it. In the clear light of day, as much as you and some others want to see that happen ASAP, it's not over 'til the fat lady sings. She might be warming up her vocal cords in the background, but there's more to this story yet to be told. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and assume the "changing of the guard" is imminent. Cooper Rush must still beat the Giants and the Commanders to solidify his standings. Dak may or may ot return to be saddled with the dubious honor of competing vs. the Rams . . . a more than difficult task, to be sure. Let see how things shake out. Let's not assume the Dallas FO will be jumping at their chance to rid the Cowboys of Dak before they're totally convinced he's done. We'll see if the "fat lady" shows up or not. Anything can happen and nobody knows what to expect until it actually happens.
In the meantime....can we cheer on cooper as much as is possible? Does that threaten dak?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In the meantime....can we cheer on cooper as much as is possible? Does that threaten dak?

If you watched the game like I did, we saw Dak cheering Cooper Rush on like the trooper he's always been. I think Dak will do all he can to keep his job intact whenever he returns to action. If Jerry and Stephen decide to make Cooper Rush play against the Rams to prove his belonging as a starter, who knows what might occur? This thing will play out as surely as night follows day. So far, this season has afforded many surprises and it just started.

I think it won't matter whether Dak or Rush plays the Rams, it's unlikely that either of them would be very likely to win. But then, a big surprise is always possible. This thing isn't over by any means. There are hurdles and bumps in the road to overcome for both of our QBs to get past. The tests that lie ahead will be interesting, no doubt about that. I'm pretty sure we'll all be watching with keen interest. ;)

Last edited: