Lets talk about Rush connecting with receivers

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It's not my intent to make excuses for Dak -- just facing the fact that injuries have curtailed the careers of many QBs in the past and present. It seems to me that another QB needs be drafted in the next draft if we're to find a QB capable of taking this team to postseason glory. I could be mistaken but I'm doubting we have anyone left in house to do that, unless Dak undergoes some miraculous recovery. That's asking a lot, to be sure.
I didnt mean yourself, though there are certain elements of the fan base that will use excuses (Inc injuries).

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you really want to know why or you just want to bury Dak?

If you REALLY want to know....they manned up on our WRs this week and dared us to beat them. To Coop's credit, he did.

They don't play Dak like that because he will put 40 up on them....

That is the difference.
No...missing receivers in stride is the difference. This is th epart where you have to use your eyes...you can SEE it.
Dak didn;t miss receivers because of coverage. Stop it sheesh.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Educate me....please.

Do you honestly not remember the old bash of Dak that they were "loading the box" to stop Zeke and begging Dak to beat them? Have you not been here since 2018 where Dak has basically had the #1 offense in the league since then?

It's ok, i know you have moved on with the feeble minded to think Cooper Rush is better than Dak. HAHAHAHAH
Because it was true . . . Back when the Cowboys had . THE GREATEST WEAPON ever assembled . . . That Offensive Line and Zeke had fresh legs . . . everyone knew If you wanted to beat tge Cowboys all you had to do was stack the Line . . .

Because Dak can't throw the Back Shoulder . . . I still couldn't believe The Boys had the greatest back shoulder/ Post up Player ever to play the position . . . Literally the Dennis Rodman / Charles Barkley of NFL wide outs . . . and Dak not only couldn't make defenses pay for their aggressiveness, simply by lobbing the ball in the direction of the sideline . . .

He got Dez thrown off the team . . . unceremoniously Droped (just to coddle Dak) . . . (I still remember when he threw Dez under the Bus) . . . so smug . . . just like when he threw the fans under the bus and when he threw the Referees under the bus . . . Not a Leader but an opportunistic Narcissist

Cowboys didn't become the #1 offense until the Genius that is Kellen started writing up the plays. . . (I call Him a Genius because the Cowboys actually had the #1 Offense and He got Dak paid)

Obviously Kellen working with Dak is not enough . . . As Luck would have it . . . Jerry stepped in it again. . . Amari became avaiable and the Rest is History . . . Amari was tailor made for Dak because if His uncanny ability to work His Hips and Feet to get open. . . . His ability is beyond Elite

He allowed Dak to see something you don't see with regularity in the NFL . . . A wide open WR with Space all around him . . . This is what Dak recognizes as Open . . Combine this with the Retirement of Fred beard . . . Conors playing LG . . . Zeke losing a step . . . and the accumulation of the wealth of talent at WR. . . . And add in the Dak Contract negotiations fiasco . .You had Dallas becoming The #1 offense in the league and Dak accumulating a ton of stats in order to get paid

So How did this happen?:huh:

Smoke and Mirrors . . . knowing that Dak can not throw the Back shoulder of any routes that require precision or timing ala. A crossing route. . . Everything had to be Comeback routes or Fly Routes (throw it as far as you can and have Gallup go and get it)

Kellen devised a scheme to showcase Dak . . . I call it the Dak Pirouette. . . He is right so He would scan the field to the Right . . . Then Kellen would have Him move the pocket by doing a spin move that causes Him to turn 360° in order to have him scramble to the left. . . . this would turn the play into a school yard play . . . and all those comeback routes would have the WR in position to be squared up with Dak or allow them to fade left or right to the open spot created by the Man who had to account for Dak

Long story short Dak breaks His leg off and Jerry finally caves in and pays Him

Fast forward to the triumphant return of Dak 2020 and Watch the Tampa game and you will see the Dak Pirouette. . . . it was a thing of Beauty . . . Dak was back. . . . Then the season progressed Dak took a vicious Hit while attempting to score a TD . . . Then the order came down from up above and Dak is no longer running or scrambling. . . Dak is gonna stay in the pocket

And throw timing routes:facepalm: . . . :lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Well Denver said we got something for that . . . And everyone else said . . . Oh yeah That s right . . its so obvious . . . We can do it too

Jerry starts to get frustrated . . . He being a huge Dak Fan . . . (The President of that delusional Club) . . . He started playing the favorite game of the Dak Fans . . . THE BLAME GAME . . . He shifted the blame to the Wide Outs as a whole . . .

This is when Usually Quiet Amari spoke out with His words and Actions (Black Kirk Cousins and His performance in Minnesota)

Well Now He gotta go

Anyway The Golden Boy is sidelined and Copper just won again against last years Suoer Bowl representative. . That means something . . Right

We should be Happy . . . Right

Noah Brown looks like a weapon we can utilize . . . Right

And Kellen is an under appreciated Man . . . Right

Ken

Reaction score
But it was the truth, the WR and OL were garbage last week according to you and others but the only change was a PS QB and the same group looks so much better. I guess it’s true that Dak can’t elevate the players around him it takes a PS backup to that.
OL wasn't great last week but they tried to overcompensate for them. Leaving backs and Tes in and only putting 2-3 people in routes. The mental error on stunts killed them.

The wrs were not good either. drops, bad routes and no plus plays. They didnt drop anything this week and made some plays.

You know it is possible to play bad in one week and good in the next right?

khiladi

Reaction score
Injuries never curtailed Dak’s career..

He’s exemplified these traits of bad QB play his whole career here. All he has done is improved on what he does well. But the same weaknesses cause his game to completely implode for stretches every year, particularly when playing good defenses.

He isn’t Romo, winning games on punctured lungs, because his OL is garbage and his OC is Jason Garrett, who “proved” his ability to call plays in NY, without Romo bailing him out. That offense was literally the worst in the league and an embarrassment.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
OL wasn't great last week but they tried to overcompensate for them. Leaving backs and Tes in and only putting 2-3 people in routes. The mental error on stunts killed them.

The wrs were not good either. drops, bad routes and no plus plays. They didnt drop anything this week and made some plays.

It sounds as if you're going to throw in that it's a conspiracy theory to get rid of Dak.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak friendly was how they described the offense at that time. It was come backs, curls, quick outs, digs and china routes. But as the years went by they started incorporating option routes. With Rush starting now, I can guarantee you they aren't calling those option routes. So the Air Coryell has become the West Coast. But is Moore smart enough to keep the defense off balance with his West Coast play calling?

We had the element of surprise against the Bengals, but the element of surprise is going to wear off in a couple of weeks. What then?
I believe Moore is plenty smart enough to have a game plan . . . He made Dak and He will succeed with Cooper

Cooper's strengths will be elevated with Game planning . . . which I believe contrary to popular belief. . . .Is a strength of Kellen's . . .

Granted Cooper is limited in His arm strength and talent at WR . . . which brings Lamb into play . . . If Lamb is who He some think He is. . . . Then He will need to step up and provide Cooper with a Saftey Valve . . . Proving He is indeed what many here claim He is not a True #1

Provided Cooper had no value to anyone else . . .just average . . . which is the reason for him starting the season on the PS. . . . But to Kellen there is no one else avaiable that knows the play book inside and out . . . Combined with the relationship Noah has developed with Him is a blessing . . . When Gallup comes back . . . It maybe all systems a go

Now Theres a chance of those young guns at TE getting a chance to showcase their youthful exuberance. . .

Its going to be exciting

Because after all . . .

THIS IS THE YEAR OF MICAH . . . :flagwave:

erod

Reaction score
Because it was true . . . Back when the Cowboys had . THE GREATEST WEAPON ever assembled . . . That Offensive Line and Zeke had fresh legs . . . everyone knew If you wanted to beat tge Cowboys all you had to do was stack the Line . . .

Because Dak can't throw the Back Shoulder . . . I still couldn't believe The Boys had the greatest back shoulder/ Post up Player ever to play the position . . . Literally the Dennis Rodman / Charles Barkley of NFL wide outs . . . and Dak not only couldn't make defenses pay for their aggressiveness, simply by lobbing the ball in the direction of the sideline . . .

He got Dez thrown off the team . . . unceremoniously Droped (just to coddle Dak) . . . (I still remember when he threw Dez under the Bus) . . . so smug . . . just like when he threw the fans under the bus and when he threw the Referees under the bus . . . Not a Leader but an opportunistic Narcissist

Cowboys didn't become the #1 offense until the Genius that is Kellen started writing up the plays. . . (I call Him a Genius because the Cowboys actually had the #1 Offense and He got Dak paid)

Obviously Kellen working with Dak is not enough . . . As Luck would have it . . . Jerry stepped in it again. . . Amari became avaiable and the Rest is History . . . Amari was tailor made for Dak because if His uncanny ability to work His Hips and Feet to get open. . . . His ability is beyond Elite

He allowed Dak to see something you don't see with regularity in the NFL . . . A wide open WR with Space all around him . . . This is what Dak recognizes as Open . . Combine this with the Retirement of Fred beard . . . Conors playing LG . . . Zeke losing a step . . . and the accumulation of the wealth of talent at WR. . . . And add in the Dak Contract negotiations fiasco . .You had Dallas becoming The #1 offense in the league and Dak accumulating a ton of stats in order to get paid

So How did this happen?:huh:

Smoke and Mirrors . . . knowing that Dak can not throw the Back shoulder of any routes that require precision or timing ala. A crossing route. . . Everything had to be Comeback routes or Fly Routes (throw it as far as you can and have Gallup go and get it)

Kellen devised a scheme to showcase Dak . . . I call it the Dak Pirouette. . . He is right so He would scan the field to the Right . . . Then Kellen would have Him move the pocket by doing a spin move that causes Him to turn 360° in order to have him scramble to the left. . . . this would turn the play into a school yard play . . . and all those comeback routes would have the WR in position to be squared up with Dak or allow them to fade left or right to the open spot created by the Man who had to account for Dak

Long story short Dak breaks His leg off and Jerry finally caves in and pays Him

Fast forward to the triumphant return of Dak 2020 and Watch the Tampa game and you will see the Dak Pirouette. . . . it was a thing of Beauty . . . Dak was back. . . . Then the season progressed Dak took a vicious Hit while attempting to score a TD . . . Then the order came down from up above and Dak is no longer running or scrambling. . . Dak is gonna stay in the pocket

And throw timing routes:facepalm: . . . :lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Well Denver said we got something for that . . . And everyone else said . . . Oh yeah That s right . . its so obvious . . . We can do it too

Jerry starts to get frustrated . . . He being a huge Dak Fan . . . (The President of that delusional Club) . . . He started playing the favorite game of the Dak Fans . . . THE BLAME GAME . . . He shifted the blame to the Wide Outs as a whole . . .

This is when Usually Quiet Amari spoke out with His words and Actions (Black Kirk Cousins and His performance in Minnesota)

Well Now He gotta go

Anyway The Golden Boy is sidelined and Copper just won again against last years Suoer Bowl representative. . That means something . . Right

We should be Happy . . . Right

Noah Brown looks like a weapon we can utilize . . . Right

And Kellen is an under appreciated Man . . . Right
That's a pretty spot-on summary and worth the long read.

Ken

Reaction score
It sounds as if you're going to throw in that it's a conspiracy theory to get rid of Dak.
No....it is just the ebb and flow of one week to the next in the NFL. Especially early in the season.

Look at packers...garbage last week...beat the heck out of bears this week.

September football.

erod

Reaction score

They didn't drop anything because Rush wasn't spraying the ball all over the place like Dak, who was horribly inaccurate against Tampa as usual.

Ken

Reaction score
They didn't drop anything because Rush wasn't spraying the ball all over the place like Dak, who was horribly inaccurate against Tampa as usual.
Ya ok.

That TD to Brown was very high...he caught.

Saw a couple of other that were thrown behind but were also caught.

Difference from week 1 to week 2.

But ya...Dak is the worst qb in the league and Cooper Rush is the new starter. :facepalm:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its no coincidence. A rusty Cooper Rush is moved up from the practice squad and clicks better with our receivers than Prescott. Rush lead receivers with anticipation and no back bending receptions. Cooper Rush was the one who lead the Cowboys over the Vikings last year with both Amari and Ceedee going over 100 yards+ receiving.

The fan in this gif has a Rush jersey on. Get it while its hot.

giphy.gif

:facepalm:
Based on a bad game by Dak.
Guess what Rodgers did not connect with his WR's game one either. He lost also.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper was 19-31.
I will give some of that was his 1st game starting. Let's see what he does in NY before starting what will not be a QB controversy.