Let's Talk About The Eagles

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am sure many of you, just like me, threw a temper tantrum when Brandon Graham swiped the ball out of Tom Brady's hands giving the Eagles their first title in forever and then in one moment, emboldened one of the more sad franchises to take a step forward and win a Super Bowl.

Thoughts for their upcoming season and how it relates to the Cowboys?

I am watching the replay of the Atlanta playoff game on NFLN now. Good stuff to watch.

In all seriousness. They are going to be a tough out this year. Their defense is still very talented, as is their offense.

I do think losing Blount is going to hurt them a bit. Especially late, in close games. He was a punisher in the 4th quarter and demoralized defenses.

I think Wentz will have a slow start to the season. He may come back in time to start but history says there’s a good chance he will not be 100% until late in the season. I hope that’s the case.

The one positive is, since their team was built by a lot of free agents and trades. They are going to be cap strapped the next few years, they are going to have to lose or not resign some of their veteran or big name players. Hopefully that hurts them.

I’m also not conceding the division to them, let alone the next decade, like some around here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just watching this Atlanta game early on, the ebb and flow was remarkable.

First play, boom, deep shot to Torrey Smith. Aggressive and it got a PI.

Then they fumble.

Then Atlanta did not attack and got a FG to tie.

Then another ruined drive.

ESisback

Reaction score
VERY good OL, DL, QB, HC and GM. They are legit, and right now, the favorite in the NFCE. That said, their fan base blows and they won’t win 13 in 2018.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
The NFCE will be all up for grabs again this year, giants will be good again and we might not be too bad either, I never really gave the Eagles a chance last year, until they made Atlanta miss in the divisional playoff, I'm changing my mind on them yet, they are still underdogs for me. I'll be watching them in London and having a good time cheering against them.

Alexander

Reaction score
VERY good OL, DL, QB, HC and GM. They are legit, and right now, the favorite in the NFCE. That said, their fan base blows and they won’t win 13 in 2018.
Ben McAdoo started spouting off that they won't be able to deal with their success.

I kind of believe the muppet. They nailed things last year, but they will be targeted and they also won't have the underdog factor in their favor.

Alexander

Reaction score
I never really gave the Eagles a chance last year, until they made Atlanta miss in the divisional playoff
Very good eye.

The game is on now on NFLN and the way things started early, you could say there is no way they win that game.

But all everyone remembers from now on was the trick play in the Super Bowl.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Very good eye.

The game is on now on NFLN and the way things started early, you could say there is no way they win that game.

But all everyone remembers from now on was the trick play in the Super Bowl.

The Falcons should have won that game. I honestly couldn’t believe they didn’t score with goal to go and the game on the line.

If I remember they didn’t run the ball one time........ brutal.

Alexander

Reaction score
Late in the first quarter there was a horrific series from Atlanta that allowed them to get back in the game.

I don't think many people really understand how a coach handles momentum is important.

That was a quiet time and then the Eagles started picking the Falcons apart.

You see people going crazy about time management, but handling adversity, in the game, is just as much of a skill that makes a successful coach.

Last edited:

Alexander

Reaction score
The coaching and the playcalling from the Eagles won them their title.

They are not a physically dominant team in any sense of the word. They finesse opponents just like the old 49ers.

pitt33

Reaction score
I foresee the Eagles winning the East again. By week 15. Wentz will keep that team motivated.

I think Dallas has a pretty rough season and Zeke will be hard pressed to get all these yards many are forecasting. He’s going to face a stacked box until Dak backs them out of it. Will that happen? That is the million dollar question. I have Dallas losing to Atlanta, Jags, Saints and Houston just to name a few.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I said when they drafted him they'd go on a ridiculous series of titles.

I no longer hear the laughter.

They accepted the son, they get blessed by the father. Hence Nick friggin Foles taking over late and still winning one.

They'll win at least 5 or 6 more. Maybe 7.

It could have been us. It should have been us. It was set up for us.

Wentz didnt even play in the playoffs, or SB, so had he played they might not be SB champs.
Foles played great, it still remains to see how wentz does in playoffs.

mcmvp

Reaction score

They are not a physically dominant team in any sense of the word. They finesse opponents just like the old 49ers.

I disagree with this. They were more finesse under Reid at times. I don’t think you can look at the current Eagles offensive and defensive lines and think ‘finesse’

DandyDon52

Reaction score

yeah the play where Foles catches the td pass was great.
Running on 3rd and 4 was smart too.
I think they will be in the playoffs again, but who knows after that.
They should win the div, but no team has repeated in some time now, so just have to wait and see.

I do know that the cowboy eagle games will be fun to watch if both teams are doing good.
Commanders I think will be better with new QB, and if the RB giants got is good, they could rise up.
The east will be interesting this season.

Alexander

Reaction score
I disagree with this. They were more finesse under Reid at times. I don’t think you can look at the current Eagles offensive and defensive lines and think ‘finesse’
I was referring to play calls. They are definitely finesse on offense. They are not going to line up and be physical on anyone and call plays that coordinate with that mindset.