Let's Talk About The Eagles

millennial_legend

Reaction score
You have it completely backwards.
no, I don't

think about it this way- Eagles and Canada are both close demographically (NFC East/both English speaking, civilized, westernized, moderate Christian culture for the most part)...

whereas New Cheatland/ISIS... both have a very evil leader, are far apart demographically (AFC/not English speaking/hostile religion and culture) and couldn't be furthest from us ideologically, morally and in the good vs. evil battle.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
VERY good OL, DL, QB, HC and GM. They are legit, and right now, the favorite in the NFCE. That said, their fan base blows and they won’t win 13 in 2018.
Pretty much this for me, ES.

Succinct.

(They still might win 13, tho -- but small quibble)

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One thing we should have learned from the eagles is the importance of a good hc and a good gm. Is there any need to explain further???
Hold off on anointing that GM as a Whiz-kid. He put all of the eggs in one basket for 2017. He's had to mortgage even more in an attempt to field a similar product for 2018. The 2018 draft and 2019 Cap situation are pointing towards a situation that we Dallas fans are familiar with the past decade (starting in around 2009). Not a bad trade-off to do it for one shot at a Lombardi, but it's not sustainable pissing away draft capitol and signing so many FAs which mandates restructuring contracts and cutting guys to get under the cap (losing out on comp picks).

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am sure many of you, just like me, threw a temper tantrum when Brandon Graham swiped the ball out of Tom Brady's hands giving the Eagles their first title in forever and then in one moment, emboldened one of the more sad franchises to take a step forward and win a Super Bowl.

Thoughts for their upcoming season and how it relates to the Cowboys?

I am watching the replay of the Atlanta playoff game on NFLN now. Good stuff to watch.
i was rootin' eagles in SB...the second thing i love to cowboys is i love to hate the Cheat-riots...i was happy when Brady got crushed

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't like the Eagles, but I disagree that the Eagles are the worst Super Bowl team this decade. On the contrary, I think they're probably the most complete team to win a title in recent years.
Likely excellent QB play, elite in the OL (comparable to Dallas) & DL, good back 7, good weapons on offense.
armadillo--- hey man i must agree with your assessment...i have no problem being honest about conditions of teams..and Eagles are looking good here in the summer...i am hoping Cowboys pull it together and stay healthy too and Eagles wont stay healthy which changes how good a team is and we hand Eagles two losses both times we play them...and we take NFC East and at least make it to NFC champ game

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
no, I don't

think about it this way- Eagles and Canada are both close demographically (NFC East/both English speaking, civilized, westernized, moderate Christian culture for the most part)...

whereas New Cheatland/ISIS... both have a very evil leader, are far apart demographically (AFC/not English speaking/hostile religion and culture) and couldn't be furthest from us ideologically, morally and in the good vs. evil battle.

Someone called the Eagles and their fans civilized? O.O

DFWJC

Reaction score
They won’t win 13 games again. But they have to be the clear favorite in the NFCE.

I do not believe they will make it back to the SB. I think Minnesota, with Cousins and that defense and a healthy Cook back are the best team in the NFC.
Minnesota should be formidable
If Dalvin Cook comes back all the way, look out

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Someone called the Eagles and their fans civilized? O.O
I've been to Philly. My two older brothers and father are from there/live there and are diehard Eagles fans. The people there are cool and "hey, dude, what's up" type of guys. Yeah, they tend to drink quite a bit.

Whereas in Ba$shole-ton, if you're not made of money they treat you like you have leprosy and Ebola. They also drink, too, don't be fooled.

cern

Reaction score
Hold off on anointing that GM as a Whiz-kid. He put all of the eggs in one basket for 2017. He's had to mortgage even more in an attempt to field a similar product for 2018. The 2018 draft and 2019 Cap situation are pointing towards a situation that we Dallas fans are familiar with the past decade (starting in around 2009). Not a bad trade-off to do it for one shot at a Lombardi, but it's not sustainable pissing away draft capitol and signing so many FAs which mandates restructuring contracts and cutting guys to get under the cap (losing out on comp picks).
He took over a team decimated by chip Kelly and put together a team that won a Superbowl two years later. I would say that he has an understanding of how to win in the nfl. Next comes the challenge of managing the salary cap. Admittedly that's as difficult as recognizing talent.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He took over a team decimated by chip Kelly and put together a team that won a Superbowl two years later. I would say that he has an understanding of how to win in the nfl. Next comes the challenge of managing the salary cap. Admittedly that's as difficult as recognizing talent.
Howie was the GM from 2010 until Chip took over, so this wasn't like a Doogie Howser situation. Anyway, in his second stint at GM, he threw cap and draft capitol around like it was crack-rock, lucked into a desperate Vikings team (Bradford to recoup draft capitol) and was even more fortunate to land Pederson. Stars aligned. However, Roseman, "The Genius" GM, is overextending to the point that he's soon (2019) to be either validated by his universal praise for the past year or be known as the "whiz-kid" that mortgaged everything for 1 shot at the big one at the consequence of being a basement dwelling team for 3-4 years. Either he's a genius for finding a new way to bet big and win SB's in the cap era or he's like everyone else besides Belichick....

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
All time great band. My favorite song of theirs is Hotel California - you can't check out but you can never leave!

RS12

Reaction score
They are far better than Dallas at GM and HC. They are considerably better at QB. I find these things to be major issues.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said when they drafted him they'd go on a ridiculous series of titles.

I no longer hear the laughter.

They accepted the son, they get blessed by the father. Hence Nick friggin Foles taking over late and still winning one.

They'll win at least 5 or 6 more. Maybe 7.

It could have been us. It should have been us. It was set up for us.

Don't know about 5 or 6 more but there will be more for sure....and ya it should have been us but a string of bad luck has brought us back to the cellar and I have no idea how long we will linger there......

JustChip

Reaction score
I said when they drafted him they'd go on a ridiculous series of titles.

I no longer hear the laughter.

They accepted the son, they get blessed by the father. Hence Nick friggin Foles taking over late and still winning one.

They'll win at least 5 or 6 more. Maybe 7.

It could have been us. It should have been us. It was set up for us.
Whoa there. Channeling my inner Bill Parcells, tap the breaks on the hype. They’re a good team, but not appreciatively different than the ‘07 Giants and they only won one more. Winning 5 or 6 more puts above the Patriots for the greatest team of the Super Bowl era. Geez, how ‘bout we see how they follow up this year before predicting them the Ali of the NFL.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Owner stays out of the way.

Quarterback in place.

Great defense.

Good coach.

None of which Dallas has.

We're screwed.

Some of these fellow "Fans" of our have no idea what is coming...... I agree we have none of the Above and betting on Zeke and a 300 million offline to take us to Glory....now lets all guess who the GM is?????

Does his first name start with J.....???? lol

cern

Reaction score
Howie was the GM from 2010 until Chip took over, so this wasn't like a Doogie Howser situation. Anyway, in his second stint at GM, he threw cap and draft capitol around like it was crack-rock, lucked into a desperate Vikings team (Bradford to recoup draft capitol) and was even more fortunate to land Pederson. Stars aligned. However, Roseman, "The Genius" GM, is overextending to the point that he's soon (2019) to be either validated by his universal praise for the past year or be known as the "whiz-kid" that mortgaged everything for 1 shot at the big one at the consequence of being a basement dwelling team for 3-4 years. Either he's a genius for finding a new way to bet big and win SB's in the cap era or he's like everyone else besides Belichick....
when chip came in they had desean Jackson, lesean McCoy, and Jeremy maclin, all of whom chip got rid of. so he knows talent. they also had a relatively good defense. regardless of how you look at it, good talent costs big bucks. can't fault the guy for spending what the cap allows. there's no other way. you have to spend it. you can't save it. you'll never roll a seven if you don't roll the dice.

Verdict

Reaction score
Keep in mind last year the Giants were abysmal. The year before they were like 12 and 4. So good teams can fall off the face of the earth.

I don't think the Eagles will have the good fortune this year that they had last year. They won a lot of close games last year that they could easily have lost.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep in mind last year the Giants were abysmal. The year before they were like 12 and 4. So good teams can fall off the face of the earth.

I don't think the Eagles will have the good fortune this year that they had last year. They won a lot of close games last year that they could easily have lost.

As much as this Pains me the Eagles are very close to have a 90's type Dallas team the following years....and will still be here debating Dak's value and drafting Off-lineman....