Let's Talk About The Eagles

mcmvp

Reaction score
I was referring to play calls. They are definitely finesse on offense. They are not going to line up and be physical on anyone.

Still disagree...they had a physical oline and big backs. They got the tough yardage when needed. I think the word(s) you’re looking for are creative and less predictable.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The Falcons really missed Shanahan last year.

Hate the Eagles, but with Pederson, their talent, and the precedent they're still the favorites in the NFC until further notice. How many times does a backup QB look All Pro in a Super Bowl winning playoff run? It pissed me off so much but it was a phenomenal coaching job. Pederson put on a clinic, and I wasn't really surprised to see he came from the Andy Reid tree.

Defense is also great, and it starts up front. It sucks, a Pederson offense with that kind of defense makes a difficult team to beat. The way he dismantled the Vikings was just insane.

Basically, if Wentz turns out to be franchise QB caliber, the future is going to be a challenge in the East. I'm sure they'll have down years with salaries and managing cap because the GM is pretty aggressive, but they're a good team with what looks to be a good future. Damnit.

I don't pour over film, but I'm hoping with more samples that Pederson starts to show tendencies, or starts falling into some. I don't know. Ugh.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I disagree with this. They were more finesse under Reid at times. I don’t think you can look at the current Eagles offensive and defensive lines and think ‘finesse’
You can if you aren't peering through green visors...

millennial_legend

Reaction score
The "in a Carson Wentz jersey" may have been a bridge too far, Risen. However if this is about a lifestyle change, then you go girl!
The way I see it.........

The ring going to the Eagles is like those ugly weird redheads from Rohan getting the ring....

The ring going to the Cheatriots is Sauron getting the ring.

'Nuff said.

mcmvp

Reaction score
You can if you aren't peering through green visors...

It’s easy enough to be critical of my team...where it is deserved. I don’t play the homer game. It is a little tougher to be critical coming off a SB year, but I’m sure they will give me reasons as the season gets underway.

It’s not being a homer to say their O and D lines were physical...because they were. I understand what the other poster was trying to say, I just disagree with the way it was described

millennial_legend

Reaction score
The stars aligned just right for the eagles last year. It won't happen this season.

And who would've thought Malcolm Butler would be on the sidelines the whole Super Bowl?

I don't care if the Pats won 10 Super Bowls .Anyone rooting for the eagles in that game is a fool.
the Pats are the NFL equivalent of ISIS. Eagles are the equivalent of Canada or Australia or France or something. A rival but not a true enemy.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I am sure many of you, just like me, threw a temper tantrum when Brandon Graham swiped the ball out of Tom Brady's hands giving the Eagles their first title in forever and then in one moment, emboldened one of the more sad franchises to take a step forward and win a Super Bowl.

Thoughts for their upcoming season and how it relates to the Cowboys?

I am watching the replay of the Atlanta playoff game on NFLN now. Good stuff to watch.

Nope, I couldn't even watch the super bowl. I would've been rooting for the Eagles if I did, so much do I hate the cheatriots and seeing them win another title. There is no way I'm going to be rooting for the Eagles, so no super bowl for me.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the Pats are the NFL equivalent of ISIS. Eagles are the equivalent of Canada or Australia or France or something. A rival but not a true enemy.
Strange analogy, but ok. If we're going with it: Out of all of the 32 NFL fanbases, the one closest to being compared to some backward ideology of "I Hate everything because of muh Prophet" is the "I Hate everyone, everything, always...until we win a Lombardi" ideology of Philly. Even after their first SB win, their fans still don't know how to act. This is why I say that next year will be interesting because of the new dynamics of Wentz and Foles. We've seen some stuf like this with Brady and Bledsoe, but not with two, still capable QBs. The minute Wentz starts having bad games the fan base will start rumbling for Foles who won their first SB. Mark. my. words.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I said when they drafted him they'd go on a ridiculous series of titles.

I no longer hear the laughter.

They accepted the son, they get blessed by the father. Hence Nick friggin Foles taking over late and still winning one.

They'll win at least 5 or 6 more. Maybe 7.

It could have been us. It should have been us. It was set up for us.

Wake me up when Wentz actually wins one. So far, he hasn't. Wentz can't make those throws Foles did in the playoffs, especially in the Super Bowl. Foles in that Eagles system is better than Wentz is. It was the same system he played under when he had that big year in 2013.

cern

Reaction score
One thing we should have learned from the eagles is the importance of a good hc and a good gm. Is there any need to explain further???

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

What the heck?!? I consider the Eagles our most hated Rival. How can any Cowboy's fan see them as not a true enemy. With that said, I hate the Pats more currently.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Wake me up when Wentz actually wins one. So far, he hasn't. Wentz can't make those throws Foles did in the playoffs, especially in the Super Bowl. Foles in that Eagles system is better than Wentz is. It was the same system he played under when he had that big year in 2013.

Well the Early signs seem like Wentz might be a fragile quarterback like Romo was. I guess we'll see as his career plays out.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Guys, it's okay to talk about our opponent, one that just won the damned Super Bowl. Unclench those cheeks

But also, agreed with Shorty, may they all die in a fiery plane crash.

In lieu of that miracle, we have a beast in our division.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I foresee the Eagles winning the East again. By week 15. Wentz will keep that team motivated.

I think Dallas has a pretty rough season and Zeke will be hard pressed to get all these yards many are forecasting. He’s going to face a stacked box until Dak backs them out of it. Will that happen? That is the million dollar question. I have Dallas losing to Atlanta, Jags, Saints and Houston just to name a few.

I think there is a 50/50 chance Wentz will get injured. He's already been injured every season he's been in the NFL. And from our own experience with players, it seems to become a theme. Hmm this so called injury predictor gives him an 38% chance of getting injured in the preseason? http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/carson-wentz/7450