Lets talk Eagles

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I watched a lot of that game and they out played the 49ers in the first half. Up 3-0 with a first and goal at the one. Then 4 straight idiotic play calls and they came away with nothing. That was a big momentum shift. They were starting to scare me. Had they made it 10-0 in not sure they don't win that game.

Watched it too… The 49ers were sloppy to start. Garappolo was really off at the start of the game. Philly made some bad calls for sure— but they could not stop the run as the game went on.

It will be a tough division game— but I think Dallas is the better team overall, and playing at home on national TV is in our favor as well. We can still lose, but we would need to give the game away basically— and I think Dak will have a much sharper game than he did yesterday

starfan1

Reaction score
I worry about their run game with sanders and hurts and Cox is a baller but we are the more talented team

we can be stupid at times but we should win this game as it’s our home opener

Carson

Reaction score
At about 1pm Sunday they were the class of the NFC East. That didn't last long lol.
Outside of Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham is the catalyst that makes that defense run. Losing him was detrimental to their defense.

Losing Brooks on offense is a huge blow but I think they can manage this for a few weeks.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Brandon Graham (Achilles) out for the year. Big blow for the Eagles.

Jimmy G was 22/30 vs their secondary yesterday. Even without Gallup, Dak gotta be licking his chops.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With 3 straight home games coming up we’ll be favored to win all 3. It’s time to get on a roll.

We avoided beginning the season 0-2 as underdogs on both of these road games to open the season.

Panthers are looking like only real challenge . We should be looking at 4-1, 3-2 at the worst before heading to Foxborough.

Id take 4-2 at the bye right now.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
They looked good against horrid Falcons, but not so much this week. Bad run game for them and Hurtz has to run for everything.

Good run defense for them with Cox in the middle. I see this as our easiest game of the first 3.

to be honest hurts running worries me. they need to move parsons off ball and shadow hurts a few times. he can still rush passer on 3rd and long but rest of the time im telling him. i don’t care who is running on rpo you stick to hurts like glue. if he hands it off you go and sack him. if he keeps it on a rpo seek and destroy

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't see this as a easy win. Philly looks pretty tough up front on both sides of the line. Hurts ability to run puts a lot of pressure on defense and they have some good young WR on that team. Right now I want Cowboys to enjoy yesterdays win today and then put it behind them tomorrow and focus in on Philly.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a huge game. We are 18 games into the McCarthy era and he has not had 1 day with a winning record. Beat Philthy and just start rolling.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We simply cannot lose to an NFC opponent at home. Especially the Eagles who are not very good offensively. Those are the games you HAVE to win if you’re going to be a playoff team.

Sydla

Reaction score
They looked good against horrid Falcons, but not so much this week. Bad run game for them and Hurtz has to run for everything.

Good run defense for them with Cox in the middle. I see this as our easiest game of the first 3.

It will likely still be a tough game for us.

Graham being out will be big for us as he, along with Cox, are the anchors of that DL. Eagles still have some options at DE, but Graham has been a real good player for them.

One thing we struggled at yesterday was keeping contain on Herbert. When he broke the pocket, he looked to throw. Hurts will take off and end up with 15-20 yard gains on us all game long. I think the goal is to keep him in the pocket and make him throw the ball. The Eagles could also be without Brandon Brooks who hurt his chest on Sunday too. That would be another big loss for them.

Game could come down to how well the interior of our OL can handle the Cox, Hargrave tandem. If we can stymie them, I think the offense can move the ball on this defense. If Cox and Hargrave are wreaking havoc in the middle, it can muck up our offense for sure.

Sydla

Reaction score
Brandon Graham (Achilles) out for the year. Big blow for the Eagles.

Jimmy G was 22/30 vs their secondary yesterday. Even without Gallup, Dak gotta be licking his chops.

If Brandon Brooks is out for a long stretch, that might be an even bigger loss for them.

Flamma

Reaction score
Watched it too… The 49ers were sloppy to start. Garappolo was really off at the start of the game. Philly made some bad calls for sure— but they could not stop the run as the game went on.

It will be a tough division game— but I think Dallas is the better team overall, and playing at home on national TV is in our favor as well. We can still lose, but we would need to give the game away basically— and I think Dak will have a much sharper game than he did yesterday

I hope we win. But playing nationally at home means nothing. As seen in many of our Thanksgiving games we've failed to show up to.