Lets talk Luke Schoonmaker

conner01

Reaction score
There’s a possibility he could develop, I’m just saying so far he’s been a disappointment. Based on how well Jake Ferguson is developing, he’s setting himself up for a nice second contract. I don’t see Schoonmaker getting a second contract.
If schoon can develop it gives you options when Ferg becomes a FA. We tagged Schultz for a season because we didn’t have another option. The key is can he develop as a reciever and that’s yet to be seen. But he’s getting on the field and learning so hopefully he’s ends up being a good one

rambo2

Reaction score
Time will tell if he’s worth it or not. He’s a raw reciever who can block well. If he develops as a reciever then he may be worth it. If he’s still just a blocker 2 years from now then he wasn’t worth a second
He is going to catch some more passes before the end of the season. I think they with throw him a deep ball before the season is over with.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If schoon can develop it gives you options when Ferg becomes a FA. We tagged Schultz for a season because we didn’t have another option. The key is can he develop as a reciever and that’s yet to be seen. But he’s getting on the field and learning so hopefully he’s ends up being a good one
The big knock on Schoonmaker coming out of college was his receiving skills. He doesn’t appear to have very good hands. He’s had drops and has made mistakes with his routes. He’s going to have to improve a lot as a receiver to give us an option over Ferguson. I just don’t see Schoonmaker being here past his rookie deal. It wouldn’t surprise me if we attempt to trade him in the next couple of years like we did with Anthony Fasano. Fasano was a second round pick we traded after his second season. He had 28 receptions for just under 300 yards after his first two seasons. Schoonmaker isn’t even on pace for that. If he provides something as a blocker, he’ll be an asset. Fasano was a good blocker, but the Cowboys wanted more of a receiver, which is why they moved on from him. They wanted a good one-two punch at TE along with Witten.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He’s may get phased out due to his injury but he looked good last season in the back-up role. I’m not against having Schoon on the team, I just think he was a massive reach.
Schoonmaker was a reach as a player and a reach of a position.
We had our starter in Ferguson, and I was saying that at the end of last season.

Scotman

Reaction score
He wasn't my favorite pick. He isn't my favorite player. But he genuinely seems to be getting better and better at a rate than is trending very positive. I would have rather had OL or LB...or even RB. But, I can't even pretend that I know better than the Cowboys who to pick.

conner01

Reaction score
He is going to catch some more passes before the end of the season. I think they with throw him a deep ball before the season is over with.
Recieving is the key. He’s a solid blocker already and will get better with a full off season and coaching. He wasn’t on my second round radar but hopefully they are smarter than me lol

rambo2

Reaction score
Recieving is the key. He’s a solid blocker already and will get better with a full off season and coaching. He wasn’t on my second round radar but hopefully they are smarter than me lol
I suspect that he will have 4 tds before the end of the season.

conner01

Reaction score
I suspect that he will have 4 tds before the end of the season.
Hope so. Can’t have too many redzone targets. Generally guys have to learn blocking but he’s a solid blocker. Not just refine his route running