Let's Talk Seasonings

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's interesting to browse this thread to see what people recommend, I haven't used a store bought seasoning in years.

I primarily season with kosher salt and black pepper I grind in a mill. Also, I'll top a steak with compound butter I made.

I may give this seasoning a try. I can confirm it's also sold on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O8FWC1S
Dang, they're proud of it on there! I paid $3.99 at the store.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Lets talk on how the steaks are cooked. I prefer over charcoal every time I can. Grilled over mesquite is a close 2nd :thumbup:

I never want a steak cooked in a pan on the stove, filet mignon might be the only exception.
I LOVE charcoal cooking. I had an awesome charcoal grill I dragged around with me for years until it finally became too weathered and I broke it down and chucked it. I've been meaning to get another one for awhile now, but just haven't yet. Currently I'm just rocking a natural gas grill that does the job, but I'm with you, love me some charcoal cooking.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bolner's Fiesta Brand is spice company based in San Antonio and have used their stuff forever. They have a bunch of different products from an individual spice, rubs, seasonings and marinades, spice blends for particular dishes(chili, rice, beans, etc.) and even various whole dried chili pods. They pretty much make a spice blend(s) for whatever you want to cook, I have 8-10 different of their spices right now....lol

They are all pretty good, reasonably priced and come in a bunch of sizes from small packs to commercial sizes. Some of my favs, their Steakhouse Rub, Uncle Chris Gourmet Steak Seasoning, Rib Rub, Pork Rub, Chicken Rub, Fajita Seasoning, Brisket Rub, Smokey Swine Seasoning, Blackened Seasoning, Jalapeno Rub, Lime Pepper and Orange Pepper (I like mixing those two with some Lemon Pepper, awesome for fish and chicken) and Mango Habanero Rub, I pretty much like them all. I made some shrimp pasta this past Friday with that Mango Habanero, it was so good I'm craving it again.

66d036c7-67a6-4599-8467-d4c929e7a8c1.7ed521de50c3b99ccf7d5670eceb14af.jpeg

71xK-UoUp3L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Is that Orange Pepper Rub "orange pepper" or "orange AND pepper"?... because the latter sounds like it would be amazing on chicken.

HungryLion

Reaction score
When it comes to steak. I just like straight salt and pepper. Maybe a little garlic powder depending on my mood.

The key is fresh ground pepper though. I’ve had a pepper grinder since I was a kid that my mom bought me because I love pepper so much.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Is that Orange Pepper Rub "orange pepper" or "orange AND pepper"?... because the latter sounds like it would be amazing on chicken.
It's just like Lemon Pepper, but with oranges instead. It's great stuff, use it on pretty much anything you would put Lemon Pepper on. chicken, fish, seafood, pork, pastas, salads, whatever. Sometimes I'll mix Lemon, Lime and Orange Pepper, that's a nice citrus zing to foods or even a Bloody Mary.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
When it comes to steak. I just like straight salt and pepper. Maybe a little garlic powder depending on my mood.

The key is fresh ground pepper though. I’ve had a pepper grinder since I was a kid that my mom bought me because I love pepper so much.
I used to do a garlic powder/lemon pepper/season salt mix that was pretty solid. I haven't done that in years, now that I'm thinking about it.

nobody

Reaction score
Just added that Season All to my shopping list. I'm trusting you on this, Dreadhonkey.
I hope you enjoy it. I learned this trick from a couple of restaurants that use it on their fries here. My entire family loves them...so I do it at home... Sadly that means I get very little fries when I make them though... the family descends on the season-all fries like piranha.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope you enjoy it. I learned this trick from a couple of restaurants that use it on their fries here. My entire family loves them...so I do it at home... Sadly that means I get very little fries when I make them though... the family descends on the season-all fries like piranha.
Does it taste like the seasoning at Red Robin?