Let's Talk Seasonings

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, it's not quite good enough to go through all that.

I tried the Season All today. It was okay, but maybe I didn't put enough on it. Do you add it while the fries are in the air fryer, or after you take it out?

On a different note, while I was in the spice aisle, I picked up some Cajun spice. Used it on a chicken patty and put the patty on an onion bagel with a little mayo. I'll be doing that often!

nobody

Reaction score
Yeah, it's not quite good enough to go through all that.

I tried the Season All today. It was okay, but maybe I didn't put enough on it. Do you add it while the fries are in the air fryer, or after you take it out?

On a different note, while I was in the spice aisle, I picked up some Cajun spice. Used it on a chicken patty and put the patty on an onion bagel with a little mayo. I'll be doing that often!
Okay, so here's the deal... Before cooking, put the frozen fries in a big bowl... then pour in 3-4 tablespoons of oil. I use grapeseed because it's a very high heat oil. mix it thoroughly so all of the frozen fries have a light layer of oil on them.

Then preheat the air fryer for the desired temp for about 6 minutes. dump the fries in and every 1 minute 30 seconds pull them out and shake it a little to move them around... do that until they're a nice golden brown. (The fries I use take about 12 minutes). Once they're cooked, apply a liberal amount of season-all. It's more work than just air frying, but trust me, you'll thank me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, so here's the deal... Before cooking, put the frozen fries in a big bowl... then pour in 3-4 tablespoons of oil. I use grapeseed because it's a very high heat oil. mix it thoroughly so all of the frozen fries have a light layer of oil on them.

Then preheat the air fryer for the desired temp for about 6 minutes. dump the fries in and every 1 minute 30 seconds pull them out and shake it a little to move them around... do that until they're a nice golden brown. (The fries I use take about 12 minutes). Once they're cooked, apply a liberal amount of season-all. It's more work than just air frying, but trust me, you'll thank me.
Oh, you have no idea how lazy I am, when it comes to cooking. The fries I buy seem to have a coating already, because they leave a brownish oil in the bottom of the air fryer. I usually salt them halfway through, shake them and salt again, then put them back in for another 3-1/2 minutes. (Shoestring fries, I cook for 7 minutes at 360°, and they come out perfect. Maybe the Season All is too light and blows right off in the fryer. I'll try adding it after. If that doesn't work, I'll put more on. If that doesn't work, I'll throw out my air fryer.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Does it taste like the seasoning at Red Robin?
Red Robin sells their seasoning: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XZTXBJY
FTTEQbt.jpeg

rkwkNZ5.jpeg

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Recently tried a new seasoning. I usually use black pepper and kosher salt.

Looked around for something simple with a blend of pepper, salt, and garlic.

So I tried Kinder's The Blend: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2NW2GJK/
mPL6rXH.jpeg

BUHXbNp.jpeg

Sprinkled the seasoning on a couple hamburger patties before grilling them.

Burgers were delicious. The blend is simple, but tasty. Highly recommend it.

jsb357

Reaction score
preferred method is
course ground black pepper, kosher salt, lowery's season all
3/4 - 1" thick steaks
"all cuts"
about 3" over mesquite coals no flames.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I LOVE charcoal cooking. I had an awesome charcoal grill I dragged around with me for years until it finally became too weathered and I broke it down and chucked it. I've been meaning to get another one for awhile now, but just haven't yet. Currently I'm just rocking a natural gas grill that does the job, but I'm with you, love me some charcoal cooking.
My chargoal smoker/grill rusted out, went to buy another one and found out they were not longer going to be produced, was able to order one of the last one's made.

You can be sure I'll take tender loving care of this one!

Creeper

Reaction score
Lets talk on how the steaks are cooked. I prefer over charcoal every time I can. Grilled over mesquite is a close 2nd :thumbup:

I never want a steak cooked in a pan on the stove, filet mignon might be the only exception.
I agree, I have tried all the recipes using a cast iron pan on the stove, or under a broiler and it is never the same as over a fire.

However, I found this one recipe where you cut the steak into cubes, let the cubes sit in a bunch of seasonings then cook in a cast iron skillet before adding butter (a lot), minced garlic and basil. You serve the steak bit over mashed potatoes. It is the only time I will cook steak in a pan.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Bolner's Fiesta Brand is spice company based in San Antonio and have used their stuff forever. They have a bunch of different products from an individual spice, rubs, seasonings and marinades, spice blends for particular dishes(chili, rice, beans, etc.) and even various whole dried chili pods. They pretty much make a spice blend(s) for whatever you want to cook, I have 8-10 different of their spices right now....lol

They are all pretty good, reasonably priced and come in a bunch of sizes from small packs to commercial sizes. Some of my favs, their Steakhouse Rub, Uncle Chris Gourmet Steak Seasoning, Rib Rub, Pork Rub, Chicken Rub, Fajita Seasoning, Brisket Rub, Smokey Swine Seasoning, Blackened Seasoning, Jalapeno Rub, Lime Pepper and Orange Pepper (I like mixing those two with some Lemon Pepper, awesome for fish and chicken) and Mango Habanero Rub, I pretty much like them all. I made some shrimp pasta this past Friday with that Mango Habanero, it was so good I'm craving it again.

66d036c7-67a6-4599-8467-d4c929e7a8c1.7ed521de50c3b99ccf7d5670eceb14af.jpeg

71xK-UoUp3L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Yeah I use Bolner's for all my seasonings. I love Uncle Chris's steak seasoning, their jalapeno salt, Cajun season all, and their zesty Italian. Good stuff. I use Cavender's Greek seasoning and plain old Lawry's seasoned salt quite a bit too. I make my own Mexican seasoning and camp seasoning that I carry to deer camp and on all my camping trips.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yeah I use Bolner's for all my seasonings. I love Uncle Chris's steak seasoning, their jalapeno salt, Cajun season all, and their zesty Italian. Good stuff. I use Cavender's Greek seasoning and plain old Lawry's seasoned salt quite a bit too. I make my own Mexican seasoning and camp seasoning that I carry to deer camp and on all my camping trips.
Yep, can't go wrong with any of the Bolner's spices. :thumbup: