Lets trade Henson

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I want football players on my team, not baseball players who have played a little high school QB.

Don't forget that he did start in front of Brady at a little known College program.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
You hear all the "who we should start" arguments from fans and then that trickles down to the players . . .

That becomes a distraction to the team.

Ben if Dallas traded or released every player that fans argue over we would not have a team. Dallas is not going to trade Henson at this stage so why continue to go there?

Roughneck

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
You hear all the "who we should start" arguments from fans and then that trickles down to the players . . .
If a player lets the opinion of a few fans get into his head, he would have eventually broken down from something else. Weak in mind = Weak in mind. The matter of who it is to first break through that player's vulnerability is inconsequential.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Ben if Dallas traded or released every player that fans argue over we would not have a team. Dallas is not going to trade Henson at this stage so why continue to go there?

Are you sure?

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
It's sad to see yourself become just another poster with an agenda.

:rolleyes:
Ohhh Ben has an agenda alright. Easy to see too. Listen Ben, BP HAS spoken. He didnt think much of the old regime, pretty easy to see. All the old QB's are GONE and replaced by QB's Parcells wanted. Not a minute too soon either. Know what I find really amusing?I remember Bills 1st training camp with the Boys, he said we only have ONE QB on this roster. You do know who he was talking about dont you?.....None other than Tony Romo! Why do I say that? Well, a good place to start is that fact that Romo is STILL here while the other 2 deadbeats are GONE. Trade Henson?......PFFFT!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
:bounce: :explode: :bravo: :splat:
cowboygert said:
Let's trade Henson for a third round pick. Then take that third round pick and draft a quarterback. Then let's keep him on the sidelines and groom him for next season. Then in 2006, just about the time he's ready to take the field and show us what he's got, let's trade HIM for a third round pick. Then take that third round pick and draft a quarterback. Then let's keep him on the..........

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
There is a reason he has that name. Does he look like he cares to put forth an opinion that is well thought out?

My opinion is well thought out. Parcells doesn't do anything except double speak about the guy. He shows ZERO faith in him. He had plenty of 'ideal' situations to start in last year, but didn't.

If he were worth a piece of doo doo, then Parcells wouldn't have yanked him and replaced him with Testaverde in his only start.

I mean, he couldn't even beat out Testaverde.

Now, Parcells has SO much faith in him this year, he signed Bledsoe and named him that starter.

The writing is on the wall. Henson isn't playing up to the NFL level in the HC's mind. Therefore, why not trade him for someone who has a shot at playing at the NFL level.

What you Henson supporters fail to realize is that he isn't starting for this team and more could be done to help the team with his roster spot. He makes a good clip board holder, but that doesn't exactly go up there on my list of priorities.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Didn't we already have this thread 2 weeks ago? Man some people have no patience. THE KID HASN'T REALLY EVEN STEPPED ON THE FIELD YET! (with a couple exceptions) Enough of re-hashed threads like this one. If he ends up being traded (which I seriously doubt) then we can discuss the pros and cons.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
Ohhh Ben has an agenda alright. Easy to see too. Listen Ben, BP HAS spoken. He didnt think much of the old regime, pretty easy to see. All the old QB's are GONE and replaced by QB's Parcells wanted. Not a minute too soon either. Know what I find really amusing?I remember Bills 1st training camp with the Boys, he said we only have ONE QB on this roster. You do know who he was talking about dont you?.....None other than Tony Romo! Why do I say that? Well, a good place to start is that fact that Romo is STILL here while the other 2 deadbeats are GONE. Trade Henson?......PFFFT!

Romo was ahead of Henson on the depth chart for most of the year. Parcells thinks Romo is a better QB than Henson. That's why when you hear him talk about Henson, he always mentions Romo in the same sentence and follows up with something like "both of them".

He wants to see both of them succeed. . . which leads me to believe that he has just as much, if not more, faith in Romo.

CoCo1

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that this many of you actually took the bait.

Move along. Nothing to see here. ;)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
CoCo said:
I'm a bit surprised that this many of you actually took the bait.

Move along. Nothing to see here. ;)

Caca, there is no bait here. There could be some value gained from Henson. We could gain from trading him. I don't think this guy can possibly have enough experience to lead this team. He played ONE year of college. If he were so special, why did Houston let him go for a 3rd?

I'm going to laugh when he's traded on draft day.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
What you Henson supporters fail to realize is that he isn't starting for this team and more could be done to help the team with his roster spot. He makes a good clip board holder, but that doesn't exactly go up there on my list of priorities.
Huh? If you get rid of Henson you still need another QB so how do we help our team win with a different backup QB? You have to have 3 QBs anyway. By this logic(?) you are assuming Bledsoe will be injured and the backup forced to play.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
He's a distraction. I doubt we could get a 2nd for the clown either.
They are probably missing you over at extremeskins.

The Duke

Reaction score
So Banned in Austin is Jason Ostrowski !!!!

This explains alot!! Even his political comments in the political zone make sense now.

Ok where is that ignore button to use for the first time?

Is this not one of those troll type people that clutter the board or what?

To the rest, I was watching the Oakland preseason game on Cowboys channel while waiting for the press conference yesterday and can I just say you must be blind if you don't see an amazing QB in Henson in need of a little time, experience and polishing. He has some serious accuracy and arm strength. He threw an out route to a wr and placed it perfectly low and outside especially when you see the LB and CB position on the play. Also, when he sets up, there is not a wasted step before he releases the ball. As a former QB, avoiding a wind up motion or extra false steps can separate the difference between QBs with equal ability. Henson is next Aikman...mark it down.

By the way, Julius Jones showed flashes of what was to come in that preseason game too. He has a nice burst of speed on each play he had some room. Also, he made a nice TD.

2 of the 3 triplets is in place. Too bad we couldn't get Edwards or Williams to finish the next triplets.