Lets trade Henson

Novacek84

Reaction score
Good job Duke. I like your optimism with the next triplets. At this point though, you can sub in Witten for the WR until we find a good, young one.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
We could get something out of him in the draft. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick. And then we could use that pick to get a real QB from the draft.

Thoughts?
Here's the solution for you. Join a Fantasy Football League and draft Henson just so you can trade him.

Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells have no intention of trading him. They actually have high hopes for him.

A consensus on this forum to follow your suggestion as Pied Piper of the Get Rid of Drew Henson Crusade won't change their minds. It will have about as much affect as sticking you hand in a bucket of water, removing it, and measuring the hole left in the water.

In other words, you're just wasting your time.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
Huh? If you get rid of Henson you still need another QB so how do we help our team win with a different backup QB? You have to have 3 QBs anyway. By this logic(?) you are assuming Bledsoe will be injured and the backup forced to play.

We have Romo. . .and Crayton if need be. We could also draft a college QB with more than 1 year of experience.

What would it take to get Matt Leinart?

Do you see what I am saying?

Henson is a baseball clown, he plays baseball, that's his sport.

It amazes me that everyone thinks a guy that played in college 4 or 5 years ago for a total of 9 games is the next Troy Aikman or Tom Brady.

The laugh is on you guys for being so naive.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CoCo said:
I'm a bit surprised that this many of you actually took the bait.

Move along. Nothing to see here. ;)
You know, you're right. Don't feed the trolls. My bad. Of course now I'm addicted.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
The Duke said:
Henson is next Aikman...mark it down.

:lmao2:

Based on all he's proven. . .

Man - what a bunch of homeristic Henson supporters who support the guy based on nothing more than unfounded, wishful thinking.

I have two words for you people. . .Drew Bledsoe.

Henson is not the answer in Dallas.

Jersey

Reaction score
To the rest, I was watching the Oakland preseason game on Cowboys channel while waiting for the press conference yesterday and can I just say you must be blind if you don't see an amazing QB in Henson in need of a little time, experience and polishing. He has some serious accuracy and arm strength. He threw an out route to a wr and placed it perfectly low and outside especially when you see the LB and CB position on the play. Also, when he sets up, there is not a wasted step before he releases the ball. As a former QB, avoiding a wind up motion or extra false steps can separate the difference between QBs with equal ability. Henson is next Aikman...mark it down.

By the way, Julius Jones showed flashes of what was to come in that preseason game too. He has a nice burst of speed on each play he had some room. Also, he made a nice TD.

2 of the 3 triplets is in place. Too bad we couldn't get Edwards or Williams to finish the next triplets.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% on Your Henson assesment. I would like either of the receivers you mentioned but would prefer Williams. For some weird reason, Michigan receivers seem to falter in the NFL.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
We have Romo. . .and Crayton if need be. We could also draft a college QB with more than 1 year of experience.

What would it take to get Matt Leinart?

Do you see what I am saying?

Henson is a baseball clown, he plays baseball, that's his sport.

It amazes me that everyone thinks a guy that played in college 4 or 5 years ago for a total of 9 games is the next Troy Aikman or Tom Brady.

The laugh is on you guys for being so naive.
OK, everyone...the credibility is gone with me now that Crayton has been brought into the discussion. He was a QB at a very small college. Just because he played there doesn't mean he can play at this level. There's a reason he was converted to a WR. He will do nothing more than be a gimmick QB in the NFL. I want you to explain to me how Henson's spot is being wasted at the expense of another position because again, you would have to replace Henson with another QB. As for Romo, he's the 3rd QB nothing more so I don't see him as a factor.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
:lmao2:

Henson is not the answer in Dallas.
And you know this how? I'm just asking. Just like you ask us how we all know he IS the answer. See how it works?

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
We could get something out of him in the draft. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick. And then we could use that pick to get a real QB from the draft.

Thoughts?

Would you please shut up?

Thank you.

Have a nice day!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
We have Romo. . .and Crayton if need be.
Crayton???

Having an emergency QB on the roster is one thing. Going into TRAINING CAMP with an emergency QB listed 3rd on your depth chart is kinda :scream:.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

Thoughts?

I wonder if we could work a trade for you? :banghead: :D

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Here's the solution for you. Join a Fantasy Football League and draft Henson just so you can trade him.

Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells have no intention of trading him. They actually have high hopes for him.

A consensus on this forum to follow your suggestion as Pied Piper of the Get Rid of Drew Henson Crusade won't change their minds. It will have about as much affect as sticking you hand in a bucket of water, removing it, and measuring the hole left in the water.

In other words, you're just wasting your time.

LMAO @ Hostile.

And everything you come up with or advocate goes right to the desk of Jerry and Bill. . .

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/img/photo/08-04/0801brass.jpg

Bill: Hey Jerry, did you get that memo from that genius guy on that message board. I believe his name was Hostile.

Jerry: Yes Bill, but there is something I must tell you. Hostile is actually the Jeff Gannon of football message boards, so I threw his memo in the trash.

Hos, you're arrogant when you shouldn't be.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainComeback said:
Would you please shut up?

Thank you.

Have a nice day!

Officer%20Nancy.gif

Officer Nancy resents this comment.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
I want you to explain to me how Henson's spot is being wasted at the expense of another position because again, you would have to replace Henson with another QB. As for Romo, he's the 3rd QB nothing more so I don't see him as a factor.

That's what I am saying. Get another QB to fill Henson's roster spot. You still have Bledsoe and Romo while you're finding a guy with some experience.

It cracks me up how much people THINK they know about a guy who hasn't even played the game much.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
LMAO @ Hostile.

And everything you come up with or advocate goes right to the desk of Jerry and Bill. . .

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/img/photo/08-04/0801brass.jpg

Bill: Hey Jerry, did you get that memo from that genius guy on that message board. I believe his name was Hostile.

Jerry: Yes Bill, but there is something I must tell you. Hostile is actually the Jeff Gannon of football message boards, so I threw his memo in the trash.

Hos, you're arrogant when you shouldn't be.
What you call arrogant others call being realistic.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
So you realistically get things through to Valley Ranch, eh Hos?
I've never claimed I do and frankly have no idea where you come up with the idea I claim I can.

I simply stated a fact. There is no move on the part of Valley Ranch to trade Henson. Either you understand that or you don't. All indications are the two guys who matter do not share your assessment of his value to this team.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Not intended to.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I've never claimed I do and frankly have no idea where you come up with the idea I claim I can.

I simply stated a fact. There is no move on the part of Valley Ranch to trade Henson. Either you understand that or you don't. All indications are the two guys who matter do not share your assessment of his value to this team.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Not intended to.

So you're saying that come draft day, if Jerry and Bill are really pushing for a player - possibly in a trade - that if a team is interested in Henson that all options regarding him are off the table?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
So you're saying that come draft day, if Jerry and Bill are really pushing for a player - possibly in a trade - that if a team is interested in Henson that all options regarding him are off the table?
I'm saying there is no indication they are even leaning that way.

You can wish in one hand and crap in the other. Which one do you think is going to fill up faster?

Henson does not hurt our cap situation, has enormous potential, and has players on the team gushing about his abilities. I doubt you're going to get your wish.