Let's try to do a process of elimination for positions in rd 1

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If they truly want to add another offensive weapon it's either a RB or TE, unless a JSN somehow fell. If they are think about their future cap it will be either Edge or Corner.
I actually took a deep dive into the tight ends. I saw about 11 good prospects. The issue is there are no Pitts type of talent. Mayer is an all around talent and Kincaid is one dimensional. To be honest I like the Michigan kid and the Iowa tight ends the best for the Cowboys.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I actually took a deep dive into the tight ends. I saw about 11 good prospects. The issue is there are no Pitts type of talent. Mayer is an all around talent and Kincaid is one dimensional. To be honest I like the Michigan kid and the Iowa tight ends the best for the Cowboys.
Those two you mentioned are more 3rd rd picks, which make more sense. Player like Kraft is also good in that range. I just think with their success drafting Shultz/Ferguson in the 4th rd, they aren't going to use a high pick on the position, unless it's for a special talent like Pitts. Kincaid could be similar, but with not working out, can't see it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Those two you mentioned are more 3rd rd picks, which make more sense. Player like Kraft is also good in that range. I just think with their success drafting Shultz/Ferguson in the 4th rd, they aren't going to use a high pick on the position, unless it's for a special talent like Pitts. Kincaid could be similar, but with not working out, can't see it.
I forgot about Kraft. Not much video on him but he is a better athlete then Washington. Third round would be a great spot to get the tight ends.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I forgot about Kraft. Not much video on him but he is a better athlete then Washington. Third round would be a great spot to get the tight ends.
3rd-4th rd is more realistic to expect in my opinion.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
3rd-4th rd is more realistic to expect in my opinion.
Honestly it is about how the board falls. Tolbert was second round prospect and fell to the third. I guarantee one of the 11 tight end prospects falls to the 4th round. Same with one of the backs. The Cowboys should consider double dipping on the backs too.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Honestly it is about how the board falls. Tolbert was second round prospect and fell to the third. I guarantee one of the 11 tight end prospects falls to the 4th round. Same with one of the backs. The Cowboys should consider double dipping on the backs too.
Have the top 2, then Charonnet, after that it's mainly 3rd-4th rd prospects and there should be several quality backs to choose from.

rambo2

Reaction score
So a rookie 1st round G would start over the 1st round G you drafted last year?

I’m lost…
You can listen to what Jerry said today. Fish has it up on his youtube. Looks like Tyler Smith is your left tackle like I said. He claims that Tyron is starting at right tackle and Steele is the swing tackle. I think it is more like Tyron will be starting until Steele is ready.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You can listen to what Jerry said today. Fish has it up on his youtube. Looks like Tyler Smith is your left tackle like I said. He claims that Tyron is starting at right tackle and Steele is the swing tackle. I think it is more like Tyron will be starting until Steele is ready.
I’ve stopped listening and believing anything Jerry says.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’ve stopped listening and believing anything Jerry says.

I’ll believe it when I see it.
Tyler Smith is the left tackle and if they draft a guard in the first round. The rookie will start at left guard.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Tyler Smith is the left tackle and if they draft a guard in the first round. The rookie will start at left guard.
At this point it’s almost like you’re going to try to type it into existence.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lol, it is true. I can't help if you don't get it.
Sure as heck hope you’re wrong…if Tyron is on the roster and healthy and is not playing LT we’re not putting our best 5 out there.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
CowboyNY, I think you are on to something here. Not sure about your choices, but I will give my logic.
What I expect Dallas to do...
1) Round 1 will be a CB if any of the big 3 fall. Diggs and Gilmore are FA next year, and they need leverage. If the CB's don't fall, look for them to take any one that they have a 1st round grade on, and if no one, a OL. This seems to be their modis of operandi. - they get a CB say Porter
2) Round 2 gets the fall guy-- anyone who they had a 1st or 2nd round grade on. Probably a TE or RB or WR. -- Pick a TE there are 5-6 people like
3) Round 3 gets them someone none of us has even thought about, or we thought they were a 5th rounder. -- I am never close at guessing what Dallas is thinking by this point
4) Round 4, they finally start looking at their team and start drafting for needs, so DL here. - Benson from Wisconsin
5) Round 5, flyer on a QB. -- Max Duggan
6) Round 6, either a highly athletic LB for special teams, or another OL to develop. -- someone I haven't scouted nor really heard anything about
7) Round 7, someone who has high upside but is very raw and will take a few years to develop, if at all. - someone who probably won't be on next years team, either cut, PS, or IR

Here is what I think they really should do as long as one of the defensive players falls. Sign Hankins and Robinson in FA, if Robinson price comes down a bit. And resign CWatkins.
1) Biggest playmaker on D either Carter, NSmith, one of the three CBs......just finish up the D and make it awesome.
2) Sign your IOL. Like Schmidtz or Avila here, if both gone, go ahead and take Vorhees for next year.
3) RB, preferably Achane if he falls because he has unique speed. If he isn't available, still get a good RB here.
4) QB -- Go get the QB here and don't wait. I like Tune, but I doubt Dallas does.
5) FB -- Go get the blocker that can be a short yardage RB, FB, or TE ..........someone like Luekpe
6) WR or RB that is a returner.
7) If you got a LB early, get a DL like BYoung here, if you got a DL early, get a LB.

So there is my logic, and where and what I think Dallas will do and what I think they should do. (of course all depending on how it falls)

*** So this year Dallas reads what I want here, and does it and WINS the Superbowl --- followed by Diggs, Gilmore, Kearse, Hooker, Pollard, CeeDee all wanting paid in 24. Martin and Tyron Smith would probably retire and hang it up with the SB win. So need 4 starters on D signed, and 40% of the OL, and the two biggest offensive playmakers all needing to be signed in one year after a SB win. Oh, and Parsons wants his extension. Doesn't seem to be built for the long haul.

T-RO

Reaction score
Remember, Steele won't be ready until October or so if you believe the reports.
If by "reports" you mean posts by negative Nancy's on this forum, ok.

But for something more credible, here are two different reports:

"The Cowboys expect Steele (knee) to be ready for training camp, Jon Machota of The Athletic reports."

“He’s doing unbelievable with his rehab," said Jones. "He’s done as well as anybody that we’ve ever had in terms of his rehab and his diligence. We don’t expect any hiccups there.”"