Let's try to do a process of elimination for positions in rd 1

rambo2

Reaction score
It is very simple…Tyron is the best OT on the team and Tyler is better than any G coming out of the draft.

Tyron being a backup would about as dumb as Zeke being the starting RB last year.
We will see what their plan is when pick 26 comes up.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people say drafting a offensive guard in the first round which sit on the bench I don’t understand it. That would free up putting people in better places such as Tyrone Smith being You’re right tackle till Steele returned and Tyrone is your back up swing tackle. And he has shown you’ll do what’s best for the team and not expect to be a progress stopper.
Tyron Smith reworked his contract based on incentives, he isn't returning to sit on the bench. I really don't know why so many think otherwise. Besides, we just used a 1st rd pick last season, they cannot continue to use premium picks in this area, especially for a Guard.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It is very simple…Tyron is the best OT on the team and Tyler is better than any G coming out of the draft.

Tyron being a backup would about as dumb as Zeke being the starting RB last year.
Tyron is an upgrade over Tyler and Tyler is a major upgrade over McGovern.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The plan last year was for Tyron to play LT and Tyler to play LG.

They didn’t keep Tyron around and pay him millions to be a backup.

Read slowly? Cmon…
Didn't they start Peters at LT in the playoffs before he got injured? Yes, Tyler is the future LT, but they are going to play a Hall of Fame LT over him until he is off the roster.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Tyron Smith reworked his contract based on incentives, he isn't returning to sit on the bench. I really don't know why so many think otherwise. Besides, we just used a 1st rd pick last season, they cannot continue to use premium picks in this area, especially for a Guard.
Time will tell. I do like your post and your input even if I disagreed with some points. Let’s get into the season and see what happens of course I could be wrong it won’t be the fifth time

cnuball21

Reaction score
Didn't they start Peters at LT in the playoffs before he got injured? Yes, Tyler is the future LT, but they are going to play a Hall of Fame LT over him until he is off the roster.
Honestly it’s hard to say what the plan is with Tyler…all I know is last year he was supposed to play LG.

And I agree as long as Tyron is in the team and healthy there is ZERO reason for him not to be LT.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Honestly it’s hard to say what the plan is with Tyler…all I know is last year he was supposed to play LG.

And I agree as long as Tyron is in the team and healthy there is ZERO reason for him not to be LT.
He still is the better LT then Tyler at this juncture. Don't understand why so many want him as a swing tackle, when he still is our best Tackle on the team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This times a million…

If Tyron stays healthy our OL next year is better.
The need is all about having a capable spot starter if Tyron goes down. This can also be filled in fa. It's more of a 2024 need. Don't understand why everyone wants to keep om using 1st rd picks with the OL. At some point you need to develop guys found later in the draft, especially the Guard position.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think its got TE written all over it at 26.

I just don't know which one they like.
If they wanna run more as they said it may be Washington but I'd go Kincaid 100% as the guy that can get down the seam
This is possible, but I doubt it's what they are planning. It may just come to that. Dallas hasn't drafted a TE since 1997 in the first round. That didn't work out too well. Then you have to go back to the early 70s.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think its got TE written all over it at 26.

I just don't know which one they like.
If they wanna run more as they said it may be Washington but I'd go Kincaid 100% as the guy that can get down the seam
If they want to run more it’ll be Mayer if he’s there. Kincaid if they want to go with a TE who’s more of a big WR. Chiefs have done well with Kelce and I think the next time he run blocks will be the first.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There are fans that have wanted Tyron gone since 2020. It is the classic follow the money. Tyron is the second highest paid offensive linemen on the team and the best left tackle. The offensive line when healthy is one of our best units. Fans are also assuming injury to Tyron. The veteran saved the season last year by moving to right tackle when Steele went down but guys like Broaddus put out the narrative that he played awful at right tackle.

Flamma

Reaction score
There are fans that have wanted Tyron gone since 2020. It is the classic follow the money. Tyron is the second highest paid offensive linemen on the team and the best left tackle. The offensive line when healthy is one of our best units. Fans are also assuming injury to Tyron. The veteran saved the season last year by moving to right tackle when Steele went down but guys like Broaddus put out the narrative that he played awful at right tackle.
Thanks. I was unaware of an injury history. Injuries happen all too often as it is, I'd steer clear of anyone with an injury history.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I look at it this way: Tyron Smith is an upgrade over Tyler Smith at Left Tackle. Yes, Tyler is improving, but Tyron Smith is a hall of famer whose play hasn't dropped off too much. At left guard, Tyler Smith is a massive upgrade over Conner McGovern, especially in the run game.

Team believes they already have Tyron's replacement in Tyler Smith, his contract expires after the season. The team needs to prepare to find new starters at both Guard positions, left guard is more immediate. This year the need is more of a contingent plan in case injuries occur. That can be addressed in fa or in the draft process. In my opinion, they aren't going to draft a 1st rd lineman to sit on the bench and that is what would happen, he only plays if injuries occur. After the 1st rd, can see it, but not with our first pick.

In my mock yesterday, I had them taking Bergeron who is a ready player that can play either Guard or Tackle. Ideal type of player that fills this year and future needs.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I look at it this way: Tyron Smith is an upgrade over Tyler Smith at Left Tackle. Yes, Tyler is improving, but Tyron Smith is a hall of famer whose play hasn't dropped off too much. At left guard, Tyler Smith is a massive upgrade over Conner McGovern, especially in the run game.

Team believes they already have Tyron's replacement in Tyler Smith, his contract expires after the season. The team needs to prepare to find new starters at both Guard positions, left guard is more immediate. This year the need is more of a contingent plan in case injuries occur. That can be addressed in fa or in the draft process. In my opinion, they aren't going to draft a 1st rd lineman to sit on the bench and that is what would happen, he only plays if injuries occur. After the 1st rd, can see it, but not with our first pick.

In my mock yesterday, I had them taking Bergeron who is a ready player that can play either Guard or Tackle. Ideal type of player that fills this year and future needs.
Good points and the Cowboys like Foirnick and Wikosko better then us fans want to believe. There are also many offensive line prospects that can be drafted after the 1st round. I do wonder if they would rather draft a defensive tackle earlier then a running back or guard/tackle. I just think they will pick BPA or close to it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good points and the Cowboys like Foirnick and Wikosko better then us fans want to believe. There are also many offensive line prospects that can be drafted after the 1st round. I do wonder if they would rather draft a defensive tackle earlier then a running back or guard/tackle. I just think they will pick BPA or close to it.
Unless Quinn can convince the front office he needs a legitimate NT, I doubt we will see one until day 3. I actually believe they are going to take a running back much higher then many anticipate. Robinson is most definitely in play, even in a trade up scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gibbs or Charonnet get drafted by the team. Remember what MM said, he wants to run the football more. I know we disagree about Washington, but think RB is another story.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Unless Quinn can convince the front office he needs a legitimate NT, I doubt we will see one until day 3. I actually believe they are going to take a running back much higher then many anticipate. Robinson is most definitely in play, even in a trade up scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gibbs or Charonnet get drafted by the team. Remember what MM said, he wants to run the football more. I know we disagree about Washington, but think RB is another story.
I think they like Gibbs. He will certainly be on their wish list at 26. I am messing with you with Washington. He would be an ideal second rounder. Just not enough tape to take in the 1st. We are in agreement for the most part although you can talk me into taking a offensive tackle in the first if the Georgia or Tennessee kids fall. I think they want another offensive weapon. The Cowboys want multiple players that can score from anywhere on the field. Quinn does have major influence so the pass rushers will get serious consideration. I think my five guys are Robinson, Gibbs, McDonald, Smith and one of the tackles is who the Cowboys will pick in the first.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think they like Gibbs. He will certainly be on their wish list at 26. I am messing with you with Washington. He would be an ideal second rounder. Just not enough tape to take in the 1st. We are in agreement for the most part although you can talk me into taking a offensive tackle in the first if the Georgia or Tennessee kids fall. I think they want another offensive weapon. The Cowboys want multiple players that can score from anywhere on the field. Quinn does have major influence so the pass rushers will get serious consideration. I think my five guys are Robinson, Gibbs, McDonald, Smith and one of the tackles is who the Cowboys will pick in the first.
If they truly want to add another offensive weapon it's either a RB or TE, unless a JSN somehow fell. If they are think about their future cap it will be either Edge or Corner.