Let's turn our disappointment to another disappointing moment - Free Agency

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
How active do people really believe the Clampetts will be, they usually don’t get active till around the 5th week of FA, once the players that can help the team are off the market. Since Carr, they decided not to play in that game.
And Carr was very durable during his time here. Jerry thought he didn't live up to his contract. So no more mistakes will be forthcoming to spend that kinda dough on free agents. Effectively neutering the old wildcatter in Jerry Jones. And we continue to struggle to be great and settle for goodness instead.

JPM

Reaction score
I look forward to just our guys and 3rd and 4th tier FA coming here.

rambo2

Reaction score
According to 105.3 the cowboys are gonna be aggressive in Free Agency. They're gonna have to be, because we traded away a lot of the mid round picks. My dream scenario would be, Dak takes less in order for the Cowboys to go get his good friend Chris Jones. There's going to be some talent at DT, RB and LB in this year's free agency, which are glaring needs. The draft has a lot of talent at OL so it works out great! IF THEY DECIDE TO ACTUALLY USE FREE AGENCY.
Chris Jones does make sense. It also makes sense that the Cowboys would make a major signing this year because they know the fans are pissed off and need a major signing to give them some hope.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Chris Jones does make sense. It also makes sense that the Cowboys would make a major signing this year because they know the fans are pissed off and need a major signing to give them some hope.
LOL. Get lost rambo. You also said they were 100 percent making a move at the deadline. Then when they didnt you say they did because they traded for Cooks and Gilmore.

Last edited:

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
You can expect our Front Office to disappear to their yacht when free agency begins once again.

Sydla

Reaction score
The fans were pissed off in 2019 too when Jerry, against all rational thought processes, brought back Garrett for one more season.

And what did they do in FA in the face of that anger from fans?

Randall Cobb
Chris Covington
Kerry Hyder

They ain't freaking going after Chris Jones.

rambo2

Reaction score
The fans were pissed off in 2019 too when Jerry, against all rational thought processes, brought back Garrett for one more season.

And what did they do in FA in the face of that anger from fans?

Randall Cobb
Chris Covington
Kerry Hyder

They ain't freaking going after Chris Jones.
They are really pissed this time. That was the most disappointing loss in franchise history. They had everything set up perfectly for them and they blew it.

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL. Get lost rambo. You also said they were 100 percent making a move at the deadline. Then when they didnt you say they did because they traded for Cooks and Gilmore.
What exactly did I say?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I'm hoping they at least try

1942willys

Reaction score
Was wondering how long a Jerry minion would show up and try and make excuses or deflect

As regards FA then we will maybe sign a couple of C listers and call that a major move that the Jerry fanboys will applaud

Syron

Reaction score
Jerry wants to run it back or he would have already made massive changes. He's not going into Free Agency with a desperation mode mentality.

And what about the Cowboys recent past suggest they will make any significant splash in the free agency market? Only way that happens is if Dak takes less money. And why would he. He was one of the top QBs in the league and likely finished 2nd in the MVP race. It's next man up in this league. I fully expect him to be the highest paid QB whenever Jerry signs him to an extension.

The Cowboys are 18m over the cap. No, the front office will "like our guys" all the way through the early days of free agency, and then sign bargain basement players to 1 year deals. Maybe a trade or 2 so they don't have to pay signing bonuses.

No, the big off season pickup (on Defense at least) will be Diggs returning to the team.

conner01

Reaction score
Never said he was. But he's a potential cut candidate given he has a $10MM cap hit. In fact, I said he might be a potential extension candidate to lower his $10MM cap hit this year.
He’s gonna be interesting. Can’t see him staying for 10 mil. But I think Gallup is gone so I think they’d like to keep him around. Extension does that but he’s never stayed anywhere long lol we have a lot of big decisions to make, holes to fill and a draft short of picks. Gonna be a stressful off season

Big_D

Reaction score
Go get Derrick Henry and finally have a guy capable of moving the chains plus a whole lot more. A move like this can really go a long way for this offense that won't just rely on Prescott in key situations.

rambo2

Reaction score
Go get Derrick Henry and finally have a guy capable of moving the chains plus a whole lot more. A move like this can really go a long way for this offense that won't just rely on Prescott in key situations.
I'd like Henry as well. I would be very happy with him and Chris Jones.