Let's turn our disappointment to another disappointing moment - Free Agency

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
According to 105.3 the cowboys are gonna be aggressive in Free Agency. They're gonna have to be, because we traded away a lot of the mid round picks. My dream scenario would be, Dak takes less in order for the Cowboys to go get his good friend Chris Jones. There's going to be some talent at DT, RB and LB in this year's free agency, which are glaring needs. The draft has a lot of talent at OL so it works out great! IF THEY DECIDE TO ACTUALLY USE FREE AGENCY.
I'll believe it when I see it. Smart money says the Jonesboys will be on the yacht for their yearly vacation during free agency.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'd like Henry as well. I would be very happy with him and Chris Jones.

That would be nice. If they really want to help Dak, then go get a RB who can legitimately carry the load and win games for you. Our running game never steps up to the plate or is capable of finishing a game!!

Jayinem

Reaction score
Free agency? *** is that? Never heard of it, says Jerry Jones.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I see some are (or may) tricking themselves into believing Jerry knows he's made an unpopular choice and that he has to be aggressive in FA. We were in the same situation with Garrett and he didn't budge in FA. So it's not happening again. But for poops and giggles, operating under the guise they won't sniff any big names, here are some options I would think would help at positions of need:

DT - Obviously Wilkins and Jones will be two of the big names here. Don't even bother typing either name on this board. Two guys that may still be outside our price range but I'd like to look at are Kinlaw and Rankins. Not sure what the 49ers plans are with Kinlaw, but he'd be an immediate talent upgrade. Below them maybe a Justin Jones or Quinton Jefferson. I think Hankins time here is done and you absolutely CANNOT just assume Mazi makes the jump in Year 2.

LB - Need a good solid inside guy. Wagner is the name out there. With Carroll out, the Seahawks kind of hanging in limbo, would he be open to a move to Dallas for a year or two? Another guy I might investigate is Josey Jewell in Denver. Not flashy, but solid and definitely gives you more physical inside play that we weren't getting out of the 210 LB MLBs this year. LOL. Queen? Yeah would be awesome to have him. He's gonna cost too much. Willie Gay might be another to give a looksy. He played well for KC this year.

RB - The two big names will likely be Barkley and Jacobs. Part of me fears, Jerry does the panic thing again like he did years ago with Elliott and overpays for one of these two. Resist the urge Jerry. Now, if you can get a Jacobs on a pretty team friendly deal, sure. Henry is the guy I think we should look at. One, with the already suppressed contract market for TBs, I think he'd come relatively cheap. Two, while not as great as he once was, he's still a good enough between the tackles runner. Pair him with a decent mid-round pick at TB and you have a more balanced running back room IMO.

They could add a cheap vet CB assuming Gilmore and Lewis are done. WR will be interesting. Cooks? I don't mind bringing him back and they may give him a small extension to lower his $10MM cap hit. Gallup? His June 1 cap savings are $9MM which might be enticing to the front office.
Don't waste any money on a free agent RB. Save it to fix the OLine. Draft one with our 4th pick. Oh, we wasted that on a 3rd string QB, also wanted $5M we could used in free agency.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Seems like the Cowboys were high on Kinlaw in the draft that year. I would add Kinlaw, Jewel and Henry.

Would like Gilmore back even if Lewis is done that still gives you Diggs and Bland to pair with Gilmore. Add another guy in the draft. We will see what Scott has.

ICP

Reaction score
Nothing to see here.....nothing to see.....please move on.....

Big_D

Reaction score
Let's kick off free agency with a two week family vacation. Hell.. make it a month. Bon voyage on March 13th..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
According to 105.3 the cowboys are gonna be aggressive in Free Agency. They're gonna have to be, because we traded away a lot of the mid round picks. My dream scenario would be, Dak takes less in order for the Cowboys to go get his good friend Chris Jones. There's going to be some talent at DT, RB and LB in this year's free agency, which are glaring needs. The draft has a lot of talent at OL so it works out great! IF THEY DECIDE TO ACTUALLY USE FREE AGENCY.
Chris Jones is the type of catalytic player I'd like to see this team goes after no matter the cost if he doesn't agree to a deal with the Chiefs. Get that dominant 3-tech and it changes a lot of things for the defense.

I absolutely do not expect the team to be aggressive, though, because the front office has established a pattern of being willing to reward their own and only bring in only cheap outside FAs.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Chris Jones is the type of catalytic player I'd like to see this team goes after no matter the cost if he doesn't agree to a deal with the Chiefs. Get that dominant 3-tech and it changes a lot of things for the defense.

I absolutely do not expect the team to be aggressive, though, because the front office has established a pattern of being willing to reward their own and only bring in only cheap outside FAs.
Last season he was liking people's comments and post about him beign traded to Dallas. He's also a former teammate with Dak at Mississippi and they're still pretty close till this day. I think Dak would take less to get him here.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't waste any money on a free agent RB. Save it to fix the OLine. Draft one with our 4th pick. Oh, we wasted that on a 3rd string QB, also wanted $5M we could used in free agency.
We don’t have a 4th round pick

ccb04

Reaction score
At LB, Frankie Luvu is a guy I like. Since 2022, he ranks 11th among all LB's in run stops, and is among the best off the ball pass rushing LB's. Since 2022, he was ranked 3rd in pressures and 1st in sacks. Has some coverage limitations.

In an effort to help somewhat fix the porous run defense, a guy like D.J Reader would be interesting.

Look at FA centers & possibly vet CB's as both Gilmore & Lewis are FA's.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Last season he was liking people's comments and post about him beign traded to Dallas. He's also a former teammate with Dak at Mississippi and they're still pretty close till this day. I think Dak would take less to get him here.
I just don't think Jerry would pay what it takes because he's an outside FA. The Joneses have established that they do not want to pay much to outside FAs.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Good luck this that. The same logic was floated in Garrett's last year. That there was no chance Jerry wanted his son by another mother to fail so he would give them a bunch of studs in FA.

Here were their big outside free agent signings that year:

Chris Covington
Kerry Hyder
Randall Cobb

LOL.
Trash bin lol