Letting cat outside illegal? Need some legal advice.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4960293 said:
Well, that explains being a Buckeye fan.

;)

9447a9ca86aa8024c34d08f658986886-lonely-man-cat-portrait.jpg

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4960456 said:

Oh no. Please tell me that is NOT you.

I'll never be able to read your posts quite the same way now.

:laugh2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
There seems to be a pattern here with male cat people and certain world views....but I digress.

Carry on now!

Uh Go Cowboys!:star: :laugh2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
DFWJC;4960600 said:
There seems to be a pattern here with male cat people and certain world views....but I digress.

Carry on now!

:lmao:

:bow:

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I certainly understand the other side of the argument, don't get me wrong. I'd like a more amiable solution.

When I chose my current home, finding out if cats were allowed to roam the neighborhood was one of the things we were specifically looking for. There are cats all over this neighborhood, not just mine. The cat he described didn't even seem like mine, not that it really matters as far as the discussion goes.

I just don't like the idea of someone snatching my cats up because they happen to stroll through his unfenced front yard. He has a cat too that he lets outside (if you can believe that crap), and "bothering my cat" was one of his issues with other cats.

Ah well, going to call my homeowners association tomorrow, then get in contact with animal control to see what my options are. Really depressing to think I'm going to have to lock my cats inside after them being able to roam free for 2 years.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4960634 said:
I certainly understand the other side of the argument, don't get me wrong. I'd like a more amiable solution.

When I chose my current home, finding out if cats were allowed to roam the neighborhood was one of the things we were specifically looking for. There are cats all over this neighborhood, not just mine. The cat he described didn't even seem like mine, not that it really matters as far as the discussion goes.

I just don't like the idea of someone snatching my cats up because they happen to stroll through his unfenced front yard. He has a cat too that he lets outside (if you can believe that crap), and "bothering my cat" was one of his issues with other cats.

Ah well, going to call my homeowners association tomorrow, then get in contact with animal control to see what my options are. Really depressing to think I'm going to have to lock my cats inside after them being able to roam free for 2 years.
You should have pointed that out to him. Let him know his cat may end up the same road.;)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
DFWJC;4960600 said:

Carry on now!

Ain't it the truth?

1386091_f520.jpg

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
DFWJC;4960600 said:

Carry on now!

To be fair, I don't like cats very much. They are my GF's cats. They are cute, and you can't help but care for your animals, but cats are meh.

This is my BABBYYYYY
http://i605.***BLOCKED***/albums/tt139/Teren_Kanan/Nymschool.jpg

Now if someone trapped her I'd set their house on fire :)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4960155 said:
Anyone who doesn't understand why cats go outdoors has never had a cat or just doesn't understand them.

I've had cats all my life and they all went outside as much as they want.

They absolutely LOVE going outside...to hunt to chase things to just be in nature...it's in their DNA...Period.

Now you can keep your cat indoors if you wish...but they will NEVER be as happy as a cat that goes outdoors.

I also understand that when my cats goes outdoors that there is a risk involved to that.

I've lost 3 cats over the years...just disappered...could be people...could be animals...I don't know...but I again understand the risk...and my cats are as happy as they could be.

Had one attacked by a coyote...lost a toe to vet amputation and most of his hair after vet shaving to fix him up.

My baby Dexter was gone for two days and I thought oh no...but he came back after something had amputated his toe.

They come in when they want...eat...sleep with me and then they want to go back outside ALWAYS...without fail...no matter what the weather...Snow rain whatever.

Sometimes I open the door and they see snow and turn around and look at me like are you crazy...it's could out there and they go lay by the fire.

But the vast majority of the time...they fly outside and play in the snow.

What you just described isn't a pet, it's a pest. :laugh2:

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
You should think about an enclosure. They can be simple and serve their purpose. You can have access to them from a window or door, then the cats can come and go as they please while still be safe (yet outside) and not an annoyance to the neighborhood.

There are a variety of kits available like this one:

http://www.catsondeck.com/?gclid=CObOrYKd47QCFQyk4AodzgEAhg

Or you could build your own, as shown in a bunch of different examples from basic to extravagant here:

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures.htm

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Faerluna;4961329 said:
You should think about an enclosure. They can be simple and serve their purpose. You can have access to them from a window or door, then the cats can come and go as they please while still be safe (yet outside) and not an annoyance to the neighborhood.

There are a variety of kits available like this one:

http://www.catsondeck.com/?gclid=CObOrYKd47QCFQyk4AodzgEAhg

Or you could build your own, as shown in a bunch of different examples from basic to extravagant here:

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures.htm

It's probably cheaper and less time consuming to just let your cat die and buy a new one than to get into all that! Lets be reasonable here!

Kilyin

Reaction score
TheCount;4961576 said:
It's probably cheaper and less time consuming to just let your cat die and buy a new one than to get into all that! Lets be reasonable here!

in before lock.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4960586 said:
Oh no. Please tell me that is NOT you.

I'll never be able to read your posts quite the same way now.

:laugh2:

No it's not me...I would have three Cats in my arms...:p:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
TheCount;4961154 said:
What you just described isn't a pet, it's a pest. :laugh2:

Far from it...Dexter just brought me dinner three nights in a row.

Night 1....Chipmunk

Night 2...Squirrel

Night 3...Hasenpfeffer

Only thing is he didn't bring me any vegetables to cook with them.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
JBond;4959109 said:
Tell him to close his damn door and stop being a freaking baby.

Does he have a picture of your cat pooping? If not he needs to stop whining.

I agree with JBond. Mail him a tissue for being a baby.

Kilyin

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4961646 said:
I agree with JBond. Mail him a tissue for being a baby.

I think the OP's neighbor is a liar. I've never seen a cat drop a deuce on a concrete floor. It just isn't natural, unless the cat is sick. They will look for sand, dirt, or litter.

And yeah, shut your frickin garage. Who leaves their garage open? Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having one.