Letting cat outside illegal? Need some legal advice.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Kilyin;4961650 said:
I think the OP's neighbor is a liar. I've never seen a cat drop a deuce on a concrete floor. It just isn't natural, unless the cat is sick. They will look for sand, dirt, or litter.

And yeah, shut your frickin garage. Who leaves their garage open? Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having one.

I'm not a cat person. I think there is something inherently wrong with cat people. If a woman owns cats, I usually won't date her. Simple as that. There is just something off about cat people. With that said, I agree with you.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4961668 said:
I'm not a cat person. I think there is something inherently wrong with cat people. If a woman owns cats, I usually won't date her. Simple as that. There is just something off about cat people. With that said, I agree with you.

The one with something wrong and off is you.

:laugh2:

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4961668 said:

I guess I better consider myself lucky that Kilyin ever wanted anything to do with me then.

:rolleyes:

Stereotypes are awesome. And by awesome, I mean completely ridiculous.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Faerluna;4961691 said:
I guess I better consider myself lucky that Kilyin ever wanted anything to do with me then.

I think there are some very lucky girls out there...that didn't even know it.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4961614 said:
Far from it...Dexter just brought me dinner three nights in a row.

Night 1....Chipmunk

Night 2...Squirrel

Night 3...Hasenpfeffer

Only thing is he didn't bring me any vegetables to cook with them.

If your name was Chen Wen he could have just brought himself.

:D

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Kilyin;4961650 said:
I think the OP's neighbor is a liar. I've never seen a cat drop a deuce on a concrete floor. It just isn't natural, unless the cat is sick. They will look for sand, dirt, or litter.

And yeah, shut your frickin garage. Who leaves their garage open? Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having one.

I have a solid aggregate drive and the neighbors cat did it on there.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4960155 said:
Anyone who doesn't understand why cats go outdoors has never had a cat or just doesn't understand them.

I've had cats all my life and they all went outside as much as they want.

They absolutely LOVE going outside...to hunt to chase things to just be in nature...it's in their DNA...Period.

Now you can keep your cat indoors if you wish...but they will NEVER be as happy as a cat that goes outdoors.

I also understand that when my cats goes outdoors that there is a risk involved to that.

I've lost 3 cats over the years...just disappered...could be people...could be animals...I don't know...but I again understand the risk...and my cats are as happy as they could be.

Had one attacked by a coyote...lost a toe to vet amputation and most of his hair after vet shaving to fix him up.

My baby Dexter was gone for two days and I thought oh no...but he came back after something had amputated his toe.

They come in when they want...eat...sleep with me and then they want to go back outside ALWAYS...without fail...no matter what the weather...Snow rain whatever.

Sometimes I open the door and they see snow and turn around and look at me like are you crazy...it's could out there and they go lay by the fire.

But the vast majority of the time...they fly outside and play in the snow.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. I've got 2 cats and a white lab, all are rescues. All of them are indoor/outdoor pets. My cats go out every morning and roam all day then come home in the evenings. I'm sure they crap in other people's yards, and I know other people's cats crap in my yard. I've never let a 2 inch turd in the grass ruin my day. I've never understood the whole men hating cats deal. I'm a manly man. I've kayaked and backpacked all over the world, hunt and fish, drink beer, played sports, and I like to sit on the couch an watch football while scratching kitty ears! So what? :D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;4962669 said:
Yeah, I agree with all of this. I've got 2 cats and a white lab, all are rescues. All of them are indoor/outdoor pets. My cats go out every morning and roam all day then come home in the evenings. I'm sure they crap in other people's yards, and I know other people's cats crap in my yard. I've never let a 2 inch turd in the grass ruin my day. I've never understood the whole men hating cats deal. I'm a manly man. I've kayaked and backpacked all over the world, hunt and fish, drink beer, played sports, and I like to sit on the couch an watch football while scratching kitty ears! So what? :D
You're a metrosexual manly man.:p:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Kilyin;4961650 said:

Cat's will poop on concrete. I know this first hand, I'm not guessing. Despite what I may sound like, I am not anti cat. I am anti "letting your pet roam free and be the problem of the entire community except when you feel like actually being a responsible pet owner and let it inside."

If someone let a pit bull roam the neighborhood for the sake of its happiness, those same people would be calling animal control without thinking twice.

Not to mention that taking the side of your free-ranging cat (or in this case, the free-ranging cat of another poster) over the word of a human neighbor ( or a posters neighbor) is so bss ackwards that it boggles the mind.

That I'd go to my neighbor and tell them their essentially stray-cat has pooped in my garage, and their response is that I'm a liar and a baby is exactly what's wrong with America. :laugh2:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;4962669 said:

Real men don't hate Cats.

Men who have many other issues...not related to cats...hate cats.

:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
TheCount;4963012 said:
Cat's will poop on concrete. I know this first hand, I'm not guessing. Despite what I may sound like, I am not anti cat. I am anti "letting your pet roam free and be the problem of the entire community except when you feel like actually being a responsible pet owner and let it inside."

If someone let a pit bull roam the neighborhood for the sake of its happiness, those same people would be calling animal control without thinking twice.

Not to mention that taking the side of your free-ranging cat (or in this case, the free-ranging cat of another poster) over the word of a human neighbor ( or a posters neighbor) is so bss ackwards that it boggles the mind.

That I'd go to my neighbor and tell them their essentially stray-cat has pooped in my garage, and their response is that I'm a liar and a baby is exactly what's wrong with America. :laugh2:

The day a free roaming cat tears a person a new A Hole...or kills them like a Pit Bull could instead of avoiding them like a cats does...then it might be a fair comparison.

I would take a free ranging cats side over a humans side any day and twice on Sundays...but then again I can't stand most people.

And people are what's wrong with America...not Cats...so there you are.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Faerluna;4961691 said:

:)
You mean the poster? Please do tell!

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
We all know about the archetypal character of the crazy cat lady. And odds are if you haven’t experienced this kind of person in real life, you’ve seen a character representative on shows like CSI, The Office, or The Simpsons. The “crazy cat lady” is associated with an aging spinster who attempts to fill the void in her life with an increasing number of feline friends. This kind of person is associated with loneliness and depression, and in the case of The Simpsons — that has pushed them over the edge into insanity. However, there is a new study out right now that suggests that there may also be a physiological connection between cat hoarding and loneliness, depression and suicide.

The study comes out of Denmark, whose researchers found that women who are infected with a certain type of parasite found in cat poop are one and a half times more likely to commit suicide. The bacteria is called Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii), and not only does being around it make you more likely to commit suicide, but you are more likely to do so through more violent means. In this case violent refers to cutting or stabbing oneself, shooting or jumping from a building, as opposed to overdosing or something like that.

In the past, the parasite has been linked to mental illness and schizophrenia, and with the increase infection comes an increase in these symptoms. The senior author in this study, Teodor Postolache of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Explains that the connection between the parasite and suicide is still tenuous. It should be noted that this is the first large scale study of this type, with 45,000 test subjects.

“We can’t say with certainty that T. gondii caused the women to try to kill themselves, but we did find a predictive association between the infection and suicide attempts later in life that warrants additional studies. We plan to continue our research into this possible connection.”

He goes on to explain that this study has not drawn any conclusions about how T. gondii actually causes suicide.

http://www.webpronews.com/cat-lady-suicide-parasites-could-be-the-cause-2012-07

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Cats are supposed to be great for your mental health, but a new study found a link between owning a cat and trying to kill yourself.

That might be a little misleading. What we do know is that being around cats increases exposure to the Toxoplasma gondii parasite — and that, in turn, can cause mental illness, possibly leading to suicide.

But T. gondii is actually very common: about a third of the world's population is infected. Cat owners are more likely to have it because it can be transmitted through cat poop, and thus is often found in litter boxes.

Researchers studied 45,000 women in Denmark to look for a connection between T. gondii infection and suicide. This was the largest ever study on the subject, and the first to document suicide attempts after infection had been discovered. Apparently, women infected with T. gondii are one-and-a-half times more likely to attempt suicide, and the more widespread the infection, the greater the risk.

http://gawker.com/5923036/being-a-cat-lady-increases-your-risk-of-committing-suicide

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4963054 said:
I would take a free ranging cats side over a humans side any day and twice on Sundays...but then again I can't stand most people.

And people are what's wrong with America...not Cats...so there you are.

At least we agree on something.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
For some reason, I've never really trusted people that own only cats.