Letting Dak go will be the best thing Cowboys can do

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL I love the part about being a Cowboys fan. But seriously, do you have to watch every game to get a reasonable idea about a quarterback? I live in the New York area so I get all Giants games. But only one or two Cowboys games a year are not aired. I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't go out of my way to watch Giants games, but since we play them twice a year and they're on constantly, I believe I know Eli Manning quite well. So yeah, I do believe Giants fans have a pretty good grasp of the potential of a Cowboys quarterback. Maybe not quite as much as Cowboys fans, but they don't harbor any bias either.

Put it this way. I live in an area loaded with Giants and Eagles fans. Most of them hope we break the bank for him.
Shannon Sharpe and Steven A have been selling Dak's new contract more than Todd has.....go figure???:huh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Give me a break… Who said anything about watching the Cowboys over their own team in real time? You do realize this is the year 2020...
I am. That's even worse to me. So you go out of your way to record or DVR a team you aren't a fan of? I mean it is what it is. I'm not going to change my stance on this. I think at this point people are just making up scenarios to fit their argument. You are not DVR'ing Cowboys games lol. I don't believe it especially with some of the "takes" you have on here.

shabazz

Reaction score
Lol...do you really think it's difficult to catch most of the Cowboys games? They are literally on TV every week. Trust me...outside fans know far more about the Cowboys than they do of others teams. I've seen some bad takes...but this one is up there.

Jesus H. Christ, the Eagle fan is the voice of reason here. Ya'll had it figured out when you started the 40 Million Dollar Go-Fund- Me campaign going to pay for Dakotas contact extension.

Flamma

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe and Steven A have been selling Dak's new contract more than Todd has.....go figure???

The biggest crap sandwich I see is the cap hit if they sign Dak to 4 or 5 years with what's been reported. Mahomes is going to have a lesser cap hit over those years. Let that sink in. The quarterback of the Super Bowl winner will have a 6 times lesser cap hit than ours for 2020 if Dak plays on the Tag. It's only until 2022 that Patrick has an equal cap hit. If Dak signs a new deal, he'll still most likely have 3 times Mahomes cap hit for 2020 and a much higher cap hit going forward. The Chiefs are in great shape the next 4-5 years and the Cowboys have that aforementioned delicious sandwich. Someone doesn't know what they're doing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL I love the part about being a Cowboys fan. But seriously, do you have to watch every game to get a reasonable idea about a quarterback? I live in the New York area so I get all Giants games. But only one or two Cowboys games a year are not aired. I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't go out of my way to watch Giants games, but since we play them twice a year and they're on constantly, I believe I know Eli Manning quite well. So yeah, I do believe Giants fans have a pretty good grasp of the potential of a Cowboys quarterback. Maybe not quite as much as Cowboys fans, but they don't harbor any bias either.

Put it this way. I live in an area loaded with Giants and Eagles fans. Most of them hope we break the bank for him.
I disagree. As much as I've watched Eli....I can't sit here and say I know Eli Manning better than a Giants fan. I Will sit here and tell you Eli was not better than Romo. I will sit here and tell you that Eli was careless with the football. A Giants fan will tell you the complete opposite of my opinion of him. With all due respect I'd trust a Giant fans opinion on Eli before I would a Cowboys fan. Just like I'd trust a Cowboy fan's opinion of Romo over a Giants fan. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Cowboys football. The most hated team in the country? I'm suppose to trust a rivals opinion on them?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Best thing? Maybe. Just make sure to ignore the Cowboys' track record of selecting QBs since Jimmy left.

They fell into Dak and Romo after pursuing guys who proved to be worse. No one else they've chosen in that time has been worth anything.

But THIS time ol' Jerry and Son will get it right? I'm not as optimistic as some of you.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I am. That's even worse to me. So you go out of your way to record or DVR a team you aren't a fan of? I mean it is what it is. I'm not going to change my stance on this. I think at this point people are just making up scenarios to fit their argument. You are not DVR'ing Cowboys games lol. I don't believe it especially with some of the "takes" you have on here.

You are so clueless on this I will go one further, since nfl network came along and started showing all the preseason games and then nfl gamepass showing all the preseason games live I even watch all the nfc east pre season games. I am also not alone in this either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, I have spent the past 20 + years watching all the nfc east games and reading the papers in dc, philly and new york. Its not hard or that time consuming actually. there are 7 days between games. The teams play each other twice a year. It's not hard at all to watch the nfc east teams play.
Many of us do it and it is not even uncommon. Its especially easy today because of nfl game pass and the condensed games.
Yeah I think its BS honestly. Consuming that much football is one thing but to do it and be able to accurately judge those players? Not buying it. Also explain why he has the view of Dak he does though.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The biggest crap sandwich I see is the cap hit if they sign Dak to 4 or 5 years with what's been reported. Mahomes is going to have a lesser cap hit over those years. Let that sink in. The quarterback of the Super Bowl winner will have a 6 times lesser cap hit than ours for 2020 if Dak plays on the Tag. It's only until 2022 that Patrick has an equal cap hit. If Dak signs a new deal, he'll still most likely have 3 times Mahomes cap hit for 2020 and a much higher cap hit going forward. The Chiefs are in great shape the next 4-5 years and the Cowboys have that aforementioned delicious sandwich. Someone doesn't know what they're doing.
You would be correct that our front office doesn't know what they are doing. Chiefs drafted mahomes in the first round so they get the 5th year option. used his 4th and 5th year as a buffer and made sure to get the deal done early so it gives the front office more flexibility with the cap. I believe they even used some money from his extension in this year's and next year's cap hit. It's easy to see who are the better run teams in the league. And the cowboys aren't even close.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correct!
Why tie up all that cap cash for Dak is beside me esp when you just picked up a better QB in Dalton.
25 years of misery verify Jerry as the worst GM in football!

Flamma

Reaction score
I disagree. As much as I've watched Eli....I can't sit here and say I know Eli Manning better than a Giants fan. I Will sit here and tell you Eli was not better than Romo. I will sit here and tell you that Eli was careless with the football. A Giants fan will tell you the complete opposite of my opinion of him. With all due respect I'd trust a Giant fans opinion on Eli before I would a Cowboys fan. Just like I'd trust a Cowboy fan's opinion of Romo over a Giants fan. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Cowboys football. The most hated team in the country? I'm suppose to trust a rivals opinion on them?

Ok, but how many Giants games do you get? My point was that Giants fans get almost every Cowboys game on TV. I've only said I have a pretty good idea about Eli because I get every Giants game. I have more opportunity to tune in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are so clueless on this I will go one further, since nfl network came along and started showing all the preseason games and then nfl gamepass showing all the preseason games live I even watch all the nfc east pre season games. I am also not alone in this either.
You are in the minority of fans if you truly do this. And I STILL would trust a Giants opinion on their team over your opinion.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Best thing? Maybe. Just make sure to ignore the Cowboys' track record of selecting QBs since Jimmy left.

They fell into Dak and Romo after pursuing guys who proved to be worse. No one else they've chosen in that time has been worth anything.

But THIS time ol' Jerry and Son will get it right? I'm not as optimistic as some of you.

The odd thing about this team is they never really try to draft the position. outside of a few mid to late picks over the past 10 years they never try and draft qb's. It would be one thing if Dallas was Cleveland or the bengals who have been failing at drafting a qb in the first round since the 90s.

Dallas just does not do it. Hard to know what would happen if they did, Dallas has a good track record of drafting 1st round players.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You are in the minority of fans if you truly do this. And I STILL would trust a Giants opinion on their team over your opinion.

I am not in the minority plenty of people do this. Why would a persons fandom inform him/her more about a team or player? That makes zero sense. I would bet I know as much about the giants organization as any giants fan. There is only so much information available and its easy to find.

Brax

Reaction score
Btw, I only say this @WillieBeamen because let’s be real. Jerry Jones has a history of going cheap on the QB position.

He fell a** backwards into Romo and no matter what you think about Dak, got lucky on that pick too considering he wanted 2 busts at QB earlier in that draft.

I don’t trust Jerry to find the next QB. That’s part of my concern.

I may trust McCarthy though....... but would he have the power to make the call?
Jerry, you are right, he should scare anyone when choosing the next QB.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I am not in the minority plenty of people do this. Why would a persons fandom inform him/her more about a team or player? That makes zero sense. I would bet I know as much about the giants organization as any giants fan. There is only so much information available and its easy to find.
Where is this information that dak is a bad qb. Can we get some links? Stats? Anything?