Lewis "in the box"

817Gill

Reaction score
Kamara can't be "Shutdown" by a player only playing 8 snaps.
The Saints like to use Kamara in the passing game to matchup against linebackers who he cooks. Lewis spied Kamara and Kamara wasn’t able to beat him the way he’d beaten linebackers and box safeties all year.

Lewis was one of the main guys tasked with Kamara in the passing game and he came up huge.

817Gill

Reaction score
He is not great at tackling. He is frequently out of position and does not seem to have the recovery speed needed to make up for his physical limitations. Different folks may see things differently. I was high on him at first, but he has continued to underwhelm.

The contract is baffling to me.
He’s not a great man cover guy but he is a good tackler. Frequently plays better in nickel/S roles as he does better facing the QB. Seems like Quinn’s got a plan for him and he’s a competitive player so I’m optimistic he can be a contributor.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Saints like to use Kamara in the passing game to matchup against linebackers who he cooks. Lewis spied Kamara and Kamara wasn’t able to beat him the way he’d beaten linebackers and box safeties all year.

Lewis was one of the main guys tasked with Kamara in the passing game and he came up huge.

Lewis played in Dime. They played Dime in 3rd and long type situations.

Kamara would be matched up with a DB against any team playing Dime.

Lewis was good in 8 plays, but it was only 8 plays.

Pointing out his performance in that game is basically saying that Lewis was better than other 4th CBs that the Saints faced.
- I think most people would give Lewis a good ranking if compared to all other 4th CBs in the league.

I thought that game was a sign that Kris Richard might be more creative than what we had seen in previous years.
- He put Lewis into a situation to succeed.
- Lewis was able to play facing the QB and take some chances underneath which is what he did best in college.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just like a lot of our guys he was so much better under marinelli, I believe Quinn will use him right, he’s a much better fit in this scheme. Anthony brown will be gone next year. That’s 4.2 million dollars saved right there

Brown has been a better play than Lewis.

Lewis was bad in both 2019 and 2020.

I still think Lewis has the ability to be a decent player but his struggles in both 2019 and 2020 were due to not playing within the scheme.
- He freelances too much.

He might been able to play outside in the original Tampa-2 defense where the CBs played underneath with help over the top.
- Ronde Barber thrived in that scheme.
- The Cowboys never actually ran the Tampa-2 other than an occasion snap here and there.