Life question

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
So I’m pretty sure everyone has different minor/major problems almost daily or there about, that’s life. Do these things ever get under your skin and make you a little crazy? How do you shake it off?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I’m pretty sure everyone has different minor/major problems almost daily or there about, that’s life. Do these things ever get under your skin and make you a little crazy?
More often that I would like them to do.
How do you shake it off?
By carving out some time to inner reflect on an issue totally. To think it through completely. Granted, it is harder to do when I am angry about something than when I am anxious, sad, confused, etc. However I have found the process resolves stuff that grinds my gears, puts them in their proper place and returns me to normal. Well, normal for me, lol.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Some very good suggestion listed here, these work for me. Very good for stress relief and reprogramming your brain with positive thoughts and images.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rgx9uqF.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
I mow the lawn or wash my truck. those things are very relaxing to me

lawnmowing is underrated as a form of therapy.

I find keeping a positive attitude is a good way to deal with the problems life deals you. No matter how bad things get, I always think about the people who have it much worse than me.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I find keeping a positive attitude is a good way to deal with the problems life deals you. No matter how bad things get, I always think about the people who have it much worse than me.
Yard work is a distraction for me as well and it provides a feeling of accomplishing something when you may be stuck elsewhere.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

very true. my wife is more of a stressor than me. she gets a little irritated when i say things like "it could always be worse" or "it will be fine"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't always drop everything and mow the yard and all this time I've been paying to have that done when all I have to do is rile up some of you? Hell, I can do that.

This is a subject near and dear to my heart because I used to be a Type A Personality Driver with a temper. Imagine a road trip with me driving. Not as bad as me in the back seat eyes locked on you driving like I am a hungry wolf and you are a pork chop.

I volunteered to go to anger management, which pissed me off, but I did get something I could use, a trigger.

You've heard of the count to 10 rule? Well, counting didn't give me anything to do but build up steam. So, I developed something to do during that 10 count that was more meaningful because counting does not make go away whatever has triggered you.

It is very simple and it works for me every time I use it. Like to say I use it every time but I live alone and allow myself certain privileges like a stream of ill fitting, but delivered with gusto, cuss words.

I take as deep a breath as I can and when I breathe out I overenunciate clearly TEMP PO RAR RY IN CON VEN NIENCE. Took this awhile to start working but it did because it caused me to take a deep breath and overenunciate to the point of exaggeration. Which is exactly what was needed, a little release of energy. It put into perspective what I was overreacting to and that's what this mostly is.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
My beautiful, gorgeous, sweet, ancient mummy of a dog had to finally be put down today.
Almost 18 years. And he was in the pound for over 9 months before I found him.
I'm devastated, but the world doesn't stop turning.
I'm going to make a wonderful drink with my wife and toast to his life.
We're going to talk about all the hilarious moments his quirky personality gave us.
We're going to cry and we're going to laugh.
And then I'm going to cry again tomorrow morning when I wake up and he's not by my side.

But the world keeps on turning. It stops for no one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So I’m pretty sure everyone has different minor/major problems almost daily or there about, that’s life. Do these things ever get under your skin and make you a little crazy? How do you shake it off?
I get rid of the problem. Have you ever heard of the New England Strangler?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My beautiful, gorgeous, sweet, ancient mummy of a dog had to finally be put down today.
Almost 18 years. And he was in the pound for over 9 months before I found him.
I'm devastated, but the world doesn't stop turning.
I'm going to make a wonderful drink with my wife and toast to his life.
We're going to talk about all the hilarious moments his quirky personality gave us.
We're going to cry and we're going to laugh.
And then I'm going to cry again tomorrow morning when I wake up and he's not by my side.

But the world keeps on turning. It stops for no one.
So sorry for the loss of your beloved pup, my friend.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In all seriousness, what I've started doing - and it usually works fairly well - is I remind myself that time is fleeting, and the moment I'm in is no exception. What's making me angry or frustrated is going to be in the past before I know it, and I'll probably never think of it again, until I'm informing my boss, in an effort to avoid going through it again.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So sorry for the loss of your beloved pup, my friend.
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/soSYf0Ssyx3W-P4PrgNbLNw_JYMVpVx-S4teWi41RF8tonv2alDNd7qsSgpgmGbomY6h2GUScv4kgZMsPKqYnZa_4mU52hhd5d1J5Ip0CHqY6xF8QnFOg0Fq49aBdOKhQkIjldu49kAWdUi6Sat9H1ce9EDZmjlBWIStoD_rZx2l6ZGUOxQj93zhrdqhbEWlwhOQVa3RrAp-IQKmjFmKHULSNaDPrJQT95hiYCnr4o3Pzs6LxE7n2PXdkMDNmql-aQ3-x1S2lUML0xXDhqvS9T0MNlkQfOQ6x_lv8gpk77KNSnQz0kFQ-ULlcNb-kWIOuk7BHVEbHfOtacr4X4rjaNQ9x7hMJLnrN20C0ubmvVetwDyY_h8HIMyoBQ4FCcpimWiakD3lRSOEMyM6QIpkF4H2q-Dv9JNmljhACCQHYhEjxuEpER2xqsTTUCRjryiLgp7kQHaTyuBSM6p43wPO9c44p5vV6CGqssNjHC06MAqqXzDvcBrHxPGOMrC52tQeGFhjk_qdpFXyJ0be4lXXFnWgopHOKE90mlo4hK-4HkBKVGTdh0VQ18Ue2Gte8QuqnciQFI5E77WYWsm9jCqOrpsE2sQ_UjsV0LNvPzoxRF8K37JAkLiDbyIvVlCqpDHtnPgyZtR4gvBAyf93dan6RsBSv5xUl-FwkwWoVD_NJZ5KNmALQwAtYNXQ63io2ZCIfXINRr4ntrB2Gz7g8H_7VZtl0WPX3rGpJLrwiCCu69tDtzZc0REsD7fGyOr_hahptwEFzLvnzhKfZ9PCooMfCXodgKiMble4xZ0=w703-h937-no?authuser=1

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/soSYf0Ssyx3W-P4PrgNbLNw_JYMVpVx-S4teWi41RF8tonv2alDNd7qsSgpgmGbomY6h2GUScv4kgZMsPKqYnZa_4mU52hhd5d1J5Ip0CHqY6xF8QnFOg0Fq49aBdOKhQkIjldu49kAWdUi6Sat9H1ce9EDZmjlBWIStoD_rZx2l6ZGUOxQj93zhrdqhbEWlwhOQVa3RrAp-IQKmjFmKHULSNaDPrJQT95hiYCnr4o3Pzs6LxE7n2PXdkMDNmql-aQ3-x1S2lUML0xXDhqvS9T0MNlkQfOQ6x_lv8gpk77KNSnQz0kFQ-ULlcNb-kWIOuk7BHVEbHfOtacr4X4rjaNQ9x7hMJLnrN20C0ubmvVetwDyY_h8HIMyoBQ4FCcpimWiakD3lRSOEMyM6QIpkF4H2q-Dv9JNmljhACCQHYhEjxuEpER2xqsTTUCRjryiLgp7kQHaTyuBSM6p43wPO9c44p5vV6CGqssNjHC06MAqqXzDvcBrHxPGOMrC52tQeGFhjk_qdpFXyJ0be4lXXFnWgopHOKE90mlo4hK-4HkBKVGTdh0VQ18Ue2Gte8QuqnciQFI5E77WYWsm9jCqOrpsE2sQ_UjsV0LNvPzoxRF8K37JAkLiDbyIvVlCqpDHtnPgyZtR4gvBAyf93dan6RsBSv5xUl-FwkwWoVD_NJZ5KNmALQwAtYNXQ63io2ZCIfXINRr4ntrB2Gz7g8H_7VZtl0WPX3rGpJLrwiCCu69tDtzZc0REsD7fGyOr_hahptwEFzLvnzhKfZ9PCooMfCXodgKiMble4xZ0=w703-h937-no?authuser=1
Wow, is that a recent pic?