Life question

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Rgx9uqF.jpg
serenity-now.gif

Seriously though, for me a couple different things. When I've lived in places close to water, that would be one of the first things to do. Go the beach or jetty and watch and listen to the waves roll in, sit by the river or lake just watch and listen to the water flow. Something about being around water has always had a soothing effect, even something as simple as an aquarium is very relaxing.

The other thing is music, find something appropriate to pick you up, cheer you up, calm you down, relax you.... whatever you need in that moment. Listening to particular songs that remind you of other moments in your life or put you in a particular mood.

Big_D

Reaction score
Play guitar or any other instrument for that matter.

Find a good game app on your phone.

Do a puzzle.

go for a walk

listen to music.

watch tv

whiskey. a nice smooth sipper. Helps relax!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This one may not be for everybody, but go for a drive. Just you, some good tunes, and the open road. It really helps clear my mind. It was especially therapeutic when I had my sports car.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
My beautiful, gorgeous, sweet, ancient mummy of a dog had to finally be put down today.
Almost 18 years. And he was in the pound for over 9 months before I found him.
I'm devastated, but the world doesn't stop turning.
I'm going to make a wonderful drink with my wife and toast to his life.
We're going to talk about all the hilarious moments his quirky personality gave us.
We're going to cry and we're going to laugh.
And then I'm going to cry again tomorrow morning when I wake up and he's not by my side.

But the world keeps on turning. It stops for no one.
My condolences Corso. I know it's not easy and I'm sorry about your loss.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My beautiful, gorgeous, sweet, ancient mummy of a dog had to finally be put down today.
Almost 18 years. And he was in the pound for over 9 months before I found him.
I'm devastated, but the world doesn't stop turning.
I'm going to make a wonderful drink with my wife and toast to his life.
We're going to talk about all the hilarious moments his quirky personality gave us.
We're going to cry and we're going to laugh.
And then I'm going to cry again tomorrow morning when I wake up and he's not by my side.

But the world keeps on turning. It stops for no one.

Damn. That sucks. My dog is my best friend.

Sarek, for inspiration on shaking it off, go watch the YouTube reels of Chris Rock getting slapped in front of 20 million people on national television and shake it off like it was nothing. I could not do that.

Or on a more serious note, any of those people that were in charge in Uvalde and let those kids die and have to live with it for the rest of their lives. I could not shake that off either.

Always someone who had to knock on wood worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Creeper

Reaction score
I often think about my Dad who passed away back in 1972 and what he had to deal with in his life. His father was abusive by today's standard, but strict back then. He grew up during the depression then fought the Japanese in Saipan. He told me stories about the war and I think I have never had to face anything like that. How lucky am I.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So I’m pretty sure everyone has different minor/major problems almost daily or there about, that’s life. Do these things ever get under your skin and make you a little crazy? How do you shake it off?
Self discipline. It’s your life. Suck it up, learn from it, deal wit it and move on. Don’t be a drama Queen.

morasp

Reaction score
Get outside and soak up some Vitamin N. Some typical stressors are health, financial, self worth, and relationships so some effort to optimize those is well spent.

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
Agreed. Driving for me is still as exciting as when I was 16 years old. I have driven beaters and I have driven Porsches and it pretty much makes zero difference. Put the tunes on, throw some gears and it’s always a liberating experience for me. Love vacation road-trips too, total absolute freedom, captain in charge of his ship. Love it…

John813

Reaction score
Gym, spending time with my kids(Rc cars new hobby), washing vehicles, listening to relaxing music, killing prostitutes, making inappropriate jokes at odd times.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
So I’m pretty sure everyone has different minor/major problems almost daily or there about, that’s life. Do these things ever get under your skin and make you a little crazy? How do you shake it off?
I come to this website and laugh at how dumb people are. Then I try my best to make them even dumber.
:laugh:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I have several. Cooking, Building a fire in the fire pit, Vodka, and working with these guys..

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq2JCZW2_4OXcm4Sf301zb-BSpn66Z1U0UdA&usqp=CAU