Life question

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have several. Cooking, Building a fire in the fire pit, Vodka, and working with these guys..

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq2JCZW2_4OXcm4Sf301zb-BSpn66Z1U0UdA&usqp=CAU
Just curious. Did the vodka bring on an epiphany that the roosters actually wanted you out in the yard at sunrise crowing with them? You must have non-union roosters.

Or does building a fire in the fire pit prior to engaging in labor with them make them more cooperative?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Just curious. Did the vodka bring on an epiphany that the roosters actually wanted you out in the yard at sunrise crowing with them? You must have non-union roosters.

Or does building a fire in the fire pit prior to engaging in labor with them make them more cooperative?
:lmao2:CC, you're too much man.

Not crowing , training.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFYWcCPOZ99jR5hGDDMlovO8LVGCwaB77YblzSJ3qLfPTgfbBTAHHGDDB9MqkmK6fqJ3s&usqp=CAU

Have not fought them in over 20 years with but we spar them.

I only sell them now to people that have interest in showing them.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
15 minutes with the heavy bag in the garage always works for me……I’ve gotten smarter about not having to patch up drywall…..why create more work

….and no, I wasn’t talking about my mother in-law

shabazz

Reaction score
My beautiful, gorgeous, sweet, ancient mummy of a dog had to finally be put down today.
Almost 18 years. And he was in the pound for over 9 months before I found him.
I'm devastated, but the world doesn't stop turning.
I'm going to make a wonderful drink with my wife and toast to his life.
We're going to talk about all the hilarious moments his quirky personality gave us.
We're going to cry and we're going to laugh.
And then I'm going to cry again tomorrow morning when I wake up and he's not by my side.

But the world keeps on turning. It stops for no one.

Cuz, I can empathize. Hurts like getting stabbed in the heart and stomach with a Bowie knife.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I’m pretty sure everyone has different minor/major problems almost daily or there about, that’s life. Do these things ever get under your skin and make you a little crazy? How do you shake it off?
Focus on the good things in your life for a while, that typically helps me

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So I’m pretty sure everyone has different minor/major problems almost daily or there about, that’s life. Do these things ever get under your skin and make you a little crazy? How do you shake it off?
I just retired. Wow, I feel much more at ease.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There are a lot of really good suggestions already so I will offer just a few thoughts:

While I really enjoy my wine and my bourbon, generally that is not the place I go when I am frustrated. For me, anyway, it typically exacerbates the frustration.

Similar to @CouchCoach (and, others), I am a type A personality. It is not so much that things got under my skin as much as I invited them in.

So, my first piece of advice is surround yourself with those not easily frustrated, those that can go with the flow. My wife has the patience of Job and it has finally worn off on me.

Second, find a distraction... not just any old distraction, but one you love doing. My winter "distraction" is snowplowing (and, boy, do we get a lot of snow in NW Montana). There is nothing quite like plowing a few miles of road, in a blizzard, with AC/DC blaring, "Highway to Hell".

In the summer, it is gardening and scuba diving. And FWIW, I did a lot of diving this summer.

Good luck, my friend and kudos to you for your post.

Praxit

Reaction score
..bro, I read lots. It helps with perspective. One thing for sure. The older you get, the more you simply. :)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
..bro, I read lots. It helps with perspective. One thing for sure. The older you get, the more you simply. :)
Priorities definitely get adjusted as hormones go down and wisdom from life's lessons set in.
I'm a music-to-write guy, myself.
I dive into what I do: I throw music on and start writing scenes to them.
For me it's therapeutic.
And a money earner.
Sometimes... Lol.

I've been told by some producers "what the hell were you thinking?" way more than once.

Praxit

Reaction score
Priorities definitely get adjusted as hormones go down and wisdom from life's lessons set in.
For me it's therapeutic.
And a money earner.
Sometimes... Lol.

I've been told by some producers "what the hell were you thinking?" way more than once.
...Interesting. So are you a Jingle writer? Or you just dabble with it?

...that's really creative and imaginative.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For me it's therapeutic.
And a money earner.
Sometimes... Lol.

Are you a fan of Harry Chapin?