Linebacker is shaping up to be a draft priority

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Togiai would be fine by me. I just gotta figure out what edge rusher we'd want at 44. Personally, if we go LB at 44, I'd like Browning.
I think both Browning/Cox would to the linebackers in that range. As for the DE's at 44: Phillips, Basham, Ossai, Perkins, Oweh all could go in that range.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think both Browning/Cox would to the linebackers in that range. As for the DE's at 44: Phillips, Basham, Ossai, Perkins, Oweh all could go in that range.

I like Phillips and Basham. Ossai, imo, is a bit too stiff, but then the FO seems to like him so Ossai might be who we draft. If we don't go safety in round 1, I'd really love it if we can get Holland in round 3 as stated.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are well aware that Jaylon must have a big rebound season as he isn't playing up to his contract and is a release candidate after the season.

Team needs to decide if they are going to pick up Lve's option for next yr this May. Recently heard it's for over 9 million. With his poor health and declining play, it is looking likely they don't pick up the option.

Joe Thomas recently left via fa. Sean Lee hasn't yet decided if he's going to play next season or not.

With the team moving back to the 4-3, another starter is needed. With Lve's lack of durability, another starter caliber linebacker has to be added for depth. I expect one starter to be signed and a future starter to be drafted. It might be a good idea to spend multiple picks on the positional group as the future is totally uncertain.
I think Zave Collins could be a trade down or up option. If they strike out on Neal, and really want that type, JOK or Nasirildeen will probably be on their radar too

Verdict

Reaction score
If LVE can stay healthy and they do switch to a 4-3 scheme, they won't need Neal as a linebacker. Jaylon isn't going anywhere, he got paid so they will allow him to redeem himself, plus the Jones boys refuse to admit they were wrong about a player they invested in like Jaylon.

Probably. I could see the Cowboys getting two linebackers in rounds 3-5 and calling it “good” regarding linebackers. And, it MIGHT BE “good”.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Zave Collins could be a trade down or up option. If they strike out on Neal, and really want that type, JOK or Nasirildeen will probably be on their radar too

If we take a linebacker in the first two rounds, I think it will be Collins.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think we just signed our hybrid safety/linebacker in Neal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think we just signed our hybrid safety/linebacker in Neal.
Ya JOK and Nasirildeen are probably out. They may circle back in 2022 if Neal doesn't work out. But I can't see them adding another one of those types this year. Maybe a late round flier on someone with traits

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ya JOK and Nasirildeen are probably out. They may circle back in 2022 if Neal doesn't work out. But I can't see them adding another one of those types this year. Maybe a late round flier on someone with traits
Probably cross them off the list. With the interest in Hooker/Kazee and the rumblings about Neal moving to LB, they see Wilson as the team's strong safety.

timb2

Reaction score
OLBers all through this draft .

Most likely after the 2nd round. Some are edge rushers that can transition to OLB
Chaz Surratt- North Carolina
Milo Eifler- Illinois
Sam Williams- Mississippi
Joe Tryon- Washington
Quincy Roche- Miami
Christian Albright- Ball State
Carson Taylor- Northern Arizona
Anthony Turner- Liberty
Daelin Mayes- Notre Dame
Anthony Hines- Texas A&M
Darius Hodge- Marshall
Charles Snowden- Virginia

Cowboys also have 2 good developmental LBs in Francis Bernard and Azur Kamara.
I know Kamara ran a 4.5 when he came out and believe Bernard was 4.6

Last edited: