Linehan is the reason we are in the playoffs this year

Reaction score
Lets hope Linehan does not depart for another team next year. If he had the chance to become coach of another team, would you fire Garett and name him coach...?

I would.

Garett is useless..All he does is call timeouts and throws review flags on the field.

Linehan is the brain of this offence and it showed plenty this year.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
our overall health is the reason we are in the playoffs this year.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Linehan and Marinelli. Garrett does a great job when the game isn't live. Best thing that ever happen to the Cowboys since Garrett took over HC was signing proven coaches to lead the offense and defense and letting them make most of the game time decisions.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I agree but I don't think he is going to depart after one year. He was a terrible head coach but a pretty good OC he's in the best possible situation for himself

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's a combination of a bunch of factors but I'm not interested in someone trying to bash Garrett after a 12-4 season.

These coaches are all right where they need to be -

Callahan as a line coach and not a coordinator or head coach

Marinelli as a defensive coordinator and not a head coach

Linehan as an offensive coordinator and not a head coach

And Garrett as a head coach and not a playcaller

I think we have a great staff of coaches who are presently right where they should be and where they do the most good.

I hope we can keep it all together going forward.

Primetime42

Reaction score
readImage

Reaction score
Nice posts everyone. Another thing is that Romo really appreciates Linehan. On the sidelines, how many times I saw Romo acknowledging
Linehan with high fives and congratulating him.

Garrett is a nice guy and smart. However if I had to choose someone from the 2, I would choose Linehan over Garrett. for HC if it came a possibility for Linehan to go somewhere else. After 4 seasons with Garrett of 8-8, Linehan comes in and we are 12-4....Don't tell me it was because we were healthy... it is because Garrett stopped calling plays and Linehan is our OC...and constructed awesome game plans that Garett was unable to do during our 8-8 records.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Nice posts everyone. Another thing is that Romo really appreciates Linehan. On the sidelines, how many times I saw Romo acknowledging

Garrett is a nice guy and smart. However if I had to choose someone from the 2, I would choose Linehan over Garrett. for HC if it came a possibility for Linehan to go somewhere else. After 4 seasons with Garrett of 8-8, Linehan comes in and we are 12-4....Don't tell me it was because we were healthy... it is because Garrett stopped calling plays and Linehan is our OC...and constructed awesome game plans that Garett was unable to do during our 8-8 records.

Keep preaching it. I agree. Anyone think Garrett is on the radar for the numerous coaching jobs out there right now? No. And it isn't because he is still under contract with the Cowboys. There will be no bidding war for Garrett. Jerry likes him so he will pay him top buck. Just the way it is. No big deal as long as they keep the play calling away from him and have good coordinators and drafts. My .02 cents.

Reaction score
I am just saying Garett was one bad year away from being fired and now everyone is saying sign him long term.. You all forgot how you wanted to get rid of him last year. I hope he does not get coach of the year because he does not deserve it. Sure the Boys were 12-4. but not because of him. Sure the players like him but that is because they had a great season. If he wins coach of the year, it will go to his head, then he will start calling plays again, wanting to show his greatness....Please JJ don't sign him to a long term contract. Garett should be give 1 year contracts with plenty of incentives....Other than that, lets hope the Boys go to the Super Bowl, because they deserve it. Romo, Witten and company deserve it after some lackluster performances over the years because of our HC mr Garett.

Eskimo

Reaction score

Look at Linehan's record as a HC - dismal failure.

Not everyone can lead a team - Garrett can, Linehan can't.

They are both in the right spots right now.

links18

Reaction score
Garrett has clearly benefitted from a reduction in his duties. Make of that what you will....

dbonham

Reaction score
Every one of our coaches has become acquainted with the Peter Principle. If they're smart they will be happy having success where they are.

links18

Reaction score
I am just saying Garett was one bad year away from being fired and now everyone is saying sign him long term.. You all forgot how you wanted to get rid of him last year. I hope he does not get coach of the year because he does not deserve it. Sure the Boys were 12-4. but not because of him. Sure the players like him but that is because they had a great season. If he wins coach of the year, it will go to his head, then he will start calling plays again, wanting to show his greatness....Please JJ don't sign him to a long term contract. Garett should be give 1 year contracts with plenty of incentives....Other than that, lets hope the Boys go to the Super Bowl, because they deserve it. Romo, Witten and company deserve it after some lackluster performances over the years because of our HC mr Garett.

Garrett ain't calling plays again w/o JJ's sign off. But why would he want to mess with a good thing?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The staff as a whole is the reason we are where we are.

I agree. I would never say this was Garrett alone no more than I would say Jimmy did it alone, having Norv and Wannstead then Butch Davis along with the position coaches were a big part of winning SB's. Like most things in team sports or business success has a lot to do with those around you.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Agree on that chemistry between Linehan and Romo. Thats one nice thing to see this year, besides the true team congratulations whenever a player does something to help get a stop, score, or big play....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lets hope Linehan does not depart for another team next year. If he had the chance to become coach of another team, would you fire Garett and name him coach...?

I would.

Garett is useless..All he does is call timeouts and throws review flags on the field.

Linehan is the brain of this offence and it showed plenty this year.

actually all the credit goes to garrett. his process is working. his drafts are working. his way of putting a team together is working. he also put his coaching staff together. he has been the leader of this tem.

linehan is a proven failed head coach. linehan was just beneficiary of garrett's team plan and putting an OL together and asking him to run the ball. we could replace linehan with another OC and we get the same results.

so all you are doing is being a troll. go fvck yourself. get lost you fake cowboy fan

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I agree. I would never say this was Garrett alone no more than I would say Jimmy did it alone, having Norv and Wannstead then Butch Davis along with the position coaches were a big part of winning SB's. Like most things in team sports or business success has a lot to do with those around you.

Linehan had nothing to do with this defense just like Rod had nothing to do with the offense. JG as a walk around coach did his job. To me we got more out of the defense than any aspect of the team, it took a while but they became real. The offense always had the potential to score.
But again it took the whole staff in the right spots to accomplish what they did. How anyone can single out one coach at this point I will never understand.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

in fans mind he was one bad year. its the media creating this bologna. you have no idea what was happening inside valley ranch. garrett had a system and a plan and his plan worked. he rebuild this team over the past 4 years to the 5th youngest team in the league and in the mean time kept them competitive. this is culmination of the plan. rebuild the team inside out. build OL. build DL (work in progress).

so why isn't it because of him that we got 12-4? why is he different than Pete Carroll? or john fox? or mike tomlin? or chuck pagano?

you trolls give credit to all these other headcoaches who have good coordinators, yet give credit to dallas coordinators because you want to dismiss garrett.

its idiotic, stupid and all you are is a troll. you are actually not a cowboys fan, since you would probably like to see cowboys lose and so you can come here to hate on garrett than see cowboys succeed and garrett get credit. this is a weak attempt in discrediting the cowboys headcoach who is behind success of this team.

get lost