RELEASED Linehan officially gone **merged**

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Surprised how many here are buying this as some momentous difference-maker.

Linehan was JG's guy. Jerry made him hire an OC and Jason picked his buddy from Miami. They run the same offense. They're very close friends. If you think JG wasn't heavily involved in this offense, you're crazy.

And do you really think they'll hire someone to install a completely new system with significantly different concepts? I don't. It'll be something very similar that JG can relate to. Which means not much change next year.

But I'm sure Jerry is getting reports of widespread fan glee and is rubbing his hands together thinking about how he's fooled them again for next training camp.

Exactly.

Let Garrett go back calling plays. Promote from within. Let Garrett either fix this or sink/fire everyone and outside hire

Reaction score
Good for Jerry.

This was a move so obvious that even Jerry managed to figure it out. Way to go!

Now how good is the move? Depends on who the replacement is. Give me an offensive innovator. A forward thinking mind.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
giphy.gif

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Mandatory scapegoat firing that still feels good is finally done.

i don't know that he is a scapegoat.

Teams regularly ridiculed the offensive gameplans for being predictable and antiquated. If you know what you are watching you can see that his route combinations and concepts were the same that were being run back in the 80s and 90s. his running game as well as pass pro was dependent on his OL coach to implement.

Reaction score
Also at the beginning if the week Garrett said Linehan was staying.

Thanks Jerry for making Garrett look like a fool. Although Garrett does a good job of that all on his own.

Rajveer

Reaction score
how do any of us know whether or not Moore can or cant call plays? or have fresh ideas that Scot and Jason wouldn't listen to? no one was great playcaller until they got the job and excelled at it..it is good scots gone and im open to letting any new guy have shot at doing it better..
I would think that you have to prove yourself in your current position to move up. I mean if I suck as a salesman in my current position, they are not going to make me a regional sales manager. The guy has to prove himself and I don't think he did anything spectacular at his current coaching gig.

LittleD

Reaction score
i don't know that he is a scapegoat.

Teams regularly ridiculed the offensive gameplans for being predictable and antiquated. If you know what you are watching you can see that his route combinations and concepts were the same that were being run back in the 80s and 90s. his running game as well as pass pro was dependent on his OL coach to implement.

You are right. Linehan was running Garrett's, Norm's & Zampese's offense from the 90's. I think Linehan was much more innovative in Detroit.

LittleD

Reaction score
I don't have the same disdain as others for Garrett. But I would never deter a person of prayer.

I knew Tom Landry...Jason Garrett is no Tom Landry. Landry was innovative and a scheme merchant. Garrett just follows the past.