RELEASED Linehan officially gone **merged**

Verdammung

Reaction score
I fully support this change, but I hope he gets another opportunity elsewhere.

CB61

Reaction score
Well there's a lot of talk that we're blaming everything on Scott Linehan I don't specifically but I do blame him for not changing or doing anything about the deficiencies and yes we still have some work in other areas but the talent this offense showed when he opened up the game plan? Leaves one to wonder?
I want to see someone as fiery as Richard was when they started playing bad of course last year Linehan couldn't even be capable of that cuz he sat in the Box he definitely did not show any signs of that when he was on the field or Sidelines excuse me

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think so. JG said there'd be no coaching changes, this leads me to believe he is not in the loop quite like he used to. I think from this point on JG is on thin ice. I would not be surprised Jones looks for an OC that could be promoted to head coach.

The interview I heard he said they had only conducted player interviews and had not sat down to talk about coaches but he didn't see big changes. We all know he doesn't have authority to fire linehan on his own that is something he must talk to the Jones family and get their support 1st.

CB61

Reaction score
I had my first post on here today on hold for moderator review? I don't believe I said anything even close to being wrong or inappropriate? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong of course you can't see the post

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 4th and 1 call at the start of the 4th against the Rams was the final nail. You have the whole break to come up with something and you call a dive against the best DT duo in the game and between your backup C and rookie LG.

It was a brilliant playcall. Poorly executed.

MrPhil

Reaction score
tenor.gif

There it is!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With 38 likes and counting on the initial post, I'm starting to come around on this decision.

He needed to go.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I realize you didn't bring up Landry. I was just musing as to why I hold Garrett just as responsible for the Cowboy's woes as Linehan. By the way, I watched the Cowboy's awful 1st year (1960) in the NFL as Meredith tried to wrangle his misfits. I was also watching the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs during those years.

Garrett is HC he is responsible for everything on his team. I also watched when Jimmy got here and that pathetic offense they were running under Dave Shula and then who it turned around when Norv took over. Hell Aikman seem to credit Norv more than anyone in terms of the improvements in the offense. I will never agree 100% with any coach but what I do see in Garrett is a HC players respond to, it would have been easy to lose this team at 3-5 but Garrett I felt did a good job keeping them on an even keel and focused. I have also stated on many occasions that if he were fired tomorrow I would not shed a tear, his job is to win and challenge for a championship and those goals have not been met.

CB61

Reaction score
I never said anything about Landry. I watched the Cowboys since 1965 I think I know as much about Landry.
Unfortunately 1988 and 1989 the game kind of passed Landry by he was still better the ninety-nine percent of the coaches in the league comparing him to Garrett isn't even an option

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Man you better gtfoh with that rah rah garbage, the main problem is still the HC and Linehan was just a scapegoat.

First, it was sarcasm.

But secondly..... Or what? Lol. You going to tell me you are 8'5" 450 pounds with -5% body fat and to meet you in a parking lot? Lol....kids these days....

LittleD

Reaction score
Garrett is HC he is responsible for everything on his team. I also watched when Jimmy got here and that pathetic offense they were running under Dave Shula and then who it turned around when Norv took over. Hell Aikman seem to credit Norv more than anyone in terms of the improvements in the offense. I will never agree 100% with any coach but what I do see in Garrett is a HC players respond to, it would have been easy to lose this team at 3-5 but Garrett I felt did a good job keeping them on an even keel and focused. I have also stated on many occasions that if he were fired tomorrow I would not shed a tear, his job is to win and challenge for a championship and those goals have not been met.

Norv was good in the 90's but, that was long, long ago and far, far away.