RELEASED Linehan officially gone **merged**

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The 4th and 1 call at the start of the 4th against the Rams was the final nail. You have the whole break to come up with something and you call a dive against the best DT duo in the game and between your backup C and rookie LG.

There were also LBers at the LOS filling every gap.

triplets_93

Reaction score
First off let me say this

:flagwave::clap::dance:

but but some said the puppet and jerry wouldn't do it..hmm again 32 useless threads on why we wouldn't make change and for sure would stick to the staff as is..im expecting more changes even st coach. Moore etc.. Ed werder was correct and some didnt believe him..more useless threads..

now what we hope for is the new OC also gets to install new Offense or has ideas to dust off parts of ours and tweak it..
Yeah, how about a Passing Offense... to skilled Wide Receivers, to go along with our running game.

CB61

Reaction score
And yes you could argue the point that Garrett should be gone according to what I'm about to say but sometimes you just need a fresh face a fresh start and lenihan did have some impressive offenses in the past few years just didn't have a defense to back them up but I think he had grown stale

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
FamiliarLeadingIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif

It’s not an office but you old geezers need to get with the times

No kidding. Where is that gif of the guy walking out the office window?

Reaction score
We can now start to really speculate because I'm sure Jerry has a certain somebody on the radar before letting Linehan hit
the bricks.
Therein lies the rub. Jerry needs to fade into the background so that Stephen can make Will McClay the GM, then Will can hire a HC he trusts enough to hire his own assistants. See how that works, Jerry? Even Jimmy Haslim, owner of the Browns, has finally figured out the right hierarchy for a successful team.

kumizi

Reaction score
The problem is that you're unlikely to get an innovative mind to come work under Garrett. Even McVay's waterboy could land a head coaching gig. Who wants to be stuck in a dead end job working with Garrett and Dak?

Really curious if they will be able to hire anyone good.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Next Scapegoat Up is our motto

How does this compare to other coaches within their first 8 seasons? To be fair, this doesn't seem too bad. And Callahan seemed to be more of an assistant than the actual OC, outside of 2013.

Fmart322

Reaction score
We can now start to really speculate because I'm sure Jerry has a certain somebody on the radar before letting Linehan hit
the bricks.

Totally agree. If they were going to just can him he would have been gone on Monday. They probably have someone who they like and have reached out to either them or their agent to see if it was doable.
Let's hope it's someone that is imaginative and gutsy.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The problem is that you're unlikely to get an innovative mind to come work under Garrett. Even McVay's waterboy could land a head coaching gig. Who wants to be stuck in a dead end job working with Garrett and Dak?

Really curious if they will be able to hire anyone good.
Youre right on Garrett and Dak but we starting to get more excuses for a certain avg qb play taking away. We get a OC that people like before hand one less excuse the super pro Dak crowd can use for his continued average play. Next year another year as a pro excuse gone and if Garrett gets fired that will be the trifecta of big excuses that crew uses. Now we are on the track to seeing if he can really be good as some think but was held back or is he just really avg.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Well we got part of what we wanted...now time to see how fast Dak can digest another offense in one off-season before what looks like a tough schedule.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Norv was good in the 90's but, that was long, long ago and far, far away.

point is that change made a big difference for that offense. My hope is they can find a OC who can come in and use the weapons he has to get this offense going. I have no doubt the Garrett and this organization wants to find a OC who is looking to run a balanced attack especially with a RB like Zeke at his disposal but we need to get more out of the passing game. As I mention earlier in the thread teams like NE, NO and the Rams also run balanced attack. People will focus on their passing game but each of those teams actually ran the ball more times than Dallas did