Linehan will return in 2019

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually find this encouraging. Maybe Jerry is actually reassessing. Maybe he noticed the wide-open receivers running all over the field all season that were either not seen or grossly over/under thrown

The system and scheme provided plenty of opportunities this year that were not taken advantage of

The issue with our passing game is a personnel problem not a scheme problem

Hopefully Jerry has seen this through the haze of Johnny Walker blue.

Jerry, go get Nick Foles and watch this Linehan offense take off

From your WORDS to GOD'S mouth my Cowboy brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hammer:

The Natural

Reaction score
We keep getting served this BS because the fans wont do anything about it. Imagine Garrett with his track record coaching in a town like Philly, showing up to Sixers games in his off time smiling like everything is gravy..walking the city like he owns the place. Yall gotta go up to the Star and make **** uncomfortable.

Sydla

Reaction score
I actually find this encouraging. Maybe Jerry is actually reassessing. Maybe he noticed the wide-open receivers running all over the field all season that were either not seen or grossly over/under thrown

The system and scheme provided plenty of opportunities this year that were not taken advantage of

The issue with our passing game is a personnel problem not a scheme problem

Hopefully Jerry has seen this through the haze of Johnny Walker blue.

Jerry, go get Nick Foles and watch this Linehan offense take off

LOL.

Oy vey.

blueblood70

Reaction score

why is he making that decsions now to the public? can he not access this further before making the final decision, hes hemming himself in if they decide to go another direction..no significant changes really? ridiculous to not self diagnose to make yourself better each year regardless of how you finished..this now changes my mind back to I wish Garett got fired..i was on board if he was seeing what we all saw and the dated Offense is not good enough to utilize Dak and Zeke in an nfl where more points are needed at times to get to the SB..no hope this off season..i was hoping SL is tired of hearing the negativity and quits..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Since Garrett's offensive philosophy is the issue, I'm neither surprised by this nor repulsed by it. If we had fired Linehan, all we would have done is brought in a similar OC who would have to adhere to Garrett's belief that all you need to do to win is outexecute the other team. After all, that's how dad (Norv Turner) did it back in the 1990s.

There are only three ways we can become a contender: We either have to get rid of Garrett, Jerry has to override him and give a create offensive coordinator free reign or we have to build an elite defense. I can't see the second one happening, so I'll have to hope for the third one and/or play the long game and wait for the first one to eventually happen.

Dallas/Garrett will have learned absolutely nothing from watching how a well-planned out offensive attack can dominate a good defense.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
I heard on the Doomsday podcast that Garrett wanted to get rid of Linehan this season but our idiot owner said no. Jerry remains the root of everything wrong with the Cowboys.

pansophy

Reaction score
Team went 7-1 with a playoff win and scored 3 TDs against the Rams while the defense giving up 270 yards rushing. Who really wants to see Dak have to learn an entirely new system? I can understand the move.

Big Fred will be back. Connor will be a year stronger, even if he is 2nd string. Could be okay if Dak keeps improving.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
That one playoff first round win cost us a 1st rounder and years more of Garrett/Linehan

Can Cowboys fans stop making posts on how angry Jerry looks after losses, when it results in Garrett and Linehan still being around. Don't want to see anymore threads or posts acting like a angry Jerry is going to make a difference in coaching changes.

Pokeness

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be shocked to see linehan leave under his own accord. Make Garrett not look like bad guy. But behind the scenes they’re pushing out linehan
I hope you are right. There's no hope otherwise!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guarantee if we start 3-5 again Scot and garett may be gone, this is second chance earned by 8-2 in the last 10 with hope..all the griping and post in this forum will not change the team, either be fan and follow them or go do the easy thing and follow NE..:)

Fontaine

Reaction score
tenor.gif