Lions Hoping for a 1st Round Pick For Williams, But Don't Expect to Get One

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
xsamhainx_999;2299786 said:
J'espère que les cowboys n'obtiennent pas Roy Williams des lions ! Ce serait malheureux pour le reste des équipes dans le NFL !

I think we should try to get him. I'm not certain I want to give up a one for him. Why do you not wish it?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2300080 said:
Anthony Henry. He will be a UFA after 2009. He won't be re-signed because Jenkins, Scandrick, and Jones are all younger and cheaper.

Spears because he too could be a UFA. In fact he may be after this year.

Ellis if they want to move Spencer to starter.

Draft picks are more likely because the Lions will want to rebuild.

I would love for Henry to move to FS but I doubt he wants to give up that CB pay yet.

I keep thinking Ellis is going to slow down but he still looks way good. When is his contract up?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jobberone;2300151 said:
I would love for Henry to move to FS but I doubt he wants to give up that CB pay yet.

I keep thinking Ellis is going to slow down but he still looks way good. When is his contract up?
It still is a lot of money to pay for a guy who is a backup after this year. I don't see him remaining a starting CB and I don't think he could bump Roy or Ken from one of the starting safety positions.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Hostile;2299278 said:
He doesn't want to go there.

No one is going to trade for him unless he agrees to a multi-year deal.

Roy Williams wants to be a Cowboy.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2300060 said:
The name Carpenter keeps getting kicked around, but who else could we really afford to give up?

Probably a young receiver. They might want an Austin or Hurd and a second.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2300080 said:
Anthony Henry. He will be a UFA after 2009. He won't be re-signed because Jenkins, Scandrick, and Jones are all younger and cheaper.

Spears because he too could be a UFA. In fact he may be after this year.

Ellis if they want to move Spencer to starter.

Draft picks are more likely because the Lions will want to rebuild.

Spears is under contract for one more season and other than Ratliff, has been our best DL. I cant see us trading him.

We already struggle too much to get to the QB (again) so there's no way they'd trade Ellis.

Cant see them trading Henry with Newman's injury situation. He definitely is not 100%.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2300386 said:
Spears is under contract for one more season and other than Ratliff, has been our best DL. I cant see us trading him.

We already struggle too much to get to the QB (again) so there's no way they'd trade Ellis.

Cant see them trading Henry with Newman's injury situation. He definitely is not 100%.
I was answering the question posed though David. Not saying any deal of a player for a player was likely. I think Henry is most likely, but a Draft pick, in particular a #1 pick is what is actually likely if a deal comes off. The key word was rebuild.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2300400 said:
I was answering the question posed though David. Not saying any deal of a player for a player was likely. I think Henry is most likely, but a Draft pick, in particular a #1 pick is what is actually likely if a deal comes off. The key word was rebuild.

I think it'd be draft picks. They wouldnt have much need for an aged CB like Henry.

And though I dont thinks its critical we get him this yr, I would do the deal for next years #1. Or maybe 2009 2nd and 2010 2nd.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Why are they dealing this clown? And giving his reps to Furrey and McDonald?

Nuts to trade a #1 for him. We could have had Randy Moss for a #4. Ya but, dah but Daba doooooo

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kowalski on WDFN: Roy Williams will remain a Lion

by Josh Hakala | MLive.com Monday September 29, 2008, 6:13 PM
Roy Williams is a frustrated star on a bad team, and with his contract expiring at the end of the season and not much immediate hope on the horizon, the trade watch is on. Will the Lions trade their best player before the Oct. 14 deadline?
It cracks me up that people who report on the team call him "their best player" and one guy with a foolish agenda still thinks Mike Furrey and Sean McDonald are phasing him out. Never mind the fact he is out producing the 2 of them put together with less than half their combined completions and outproduced them every year prior to this one.

Calvin Johnson is the clear focal point of the Offense and the Lions future. Even Roy accepts that with grace.

Some people cling to the stupidest ideas as if they are gold.

Of course when swan songs are written just to grab attention you know the purpose.

:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2300405 said:
I think it'd be draft picks. They wouldnt have much need for an aged CB like Henry.

And though I dont thinks its critical we get him this yr, I would do the deal for next years #1. Or maybe 2009 2nd and 2010 2nd.
I know it would be draft picks if it came down to it. New GM wanting to make his own mark. You do that by giving him multiple picks to build with.

Fans are always going to want to cling to those picks and trade players they don't like. That's why Carpenter and Spears are almost always mentioned. The fans just don't like them.

I keep saying they aren't going anywhere.

I do think he's in the picture here David. Very much in fact.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Hostile;2300459 said:
I know it would be draft picks if it came down to it. New GM wanting to make his own mark. You do that by giving him multiple picks to build with.

Fans are always going to want to cling to those picks and trade players they don't like. That's why Carpenter and Spears are almost always mentioned. The fans just don't like them.

I want us to get this guy so bad, to have that future big time wideout not to mention the insurance for this year, that I hope when you say "he's in the picture here" you are giving us some of that inside info you have mentioned previously.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Hostile;2300459 said:

I hope you're right.

If we just gave up the one pick, we'd still have a ton of picks to add more depth and fill in the apparent holes.

Aven8

Reaction score
parcells316;2300486 said:
I want us to get this guy so bad, to have that future big time wideout not to mention the insurance for this year, that I hope when you say "he's in the picture here" you are giving us some of that inside info you have mentioned previously.

Screw Insurance! This guy is a player!!! He will help from day one!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Give them a first a second a third, bobby, and coakley for johnson, now that is something I can get behind.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stealth;2300576 said:
Give them a first a second a third, bobby, and coakley for johnson, now that is something I can get behind.

after you get from behind superpunk?