Lions Hoping for a 1st Round Pick For Williams, But Don't Expect to Get One

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2300197 said:
It still is a lot of money to pay for a guy who is a backup after this year. I don't see him remaining a starting CB and I don't think he could bump Roy or Ken from one of the starting safety positions.

Yeah, a lot of money. I'm not happy with the safety play around here. Might just be me. I'd rather be wrong. I think Henry is too valuable to let go. He gets his share of INTs and he's a good DB. I think he'd be a great safety. I just don't think he'll want to be paid not-CB pay just yet. I hope we don't need him enough to have to keep him. Ellis isn't going anywhere IMO.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2300585 said:
no, murder does

like a tight glove

oj_gloves.jpg

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
If all they're looking for is a 1st round pick for RW then Jerry needs to make this happen. It'll be a disappointment if it doesn't happen for that price.

btcutter

Reaction score
jobberone;2300586 said:
Yeah, a lot of money. I'm not happy with the safety play around here. Might just be me. I'd rather be wrong. I think Henry is too valuable to let go. He gets his share of INTs and he's a good DB. I think he'd be a great safety. I just don't think he'll want to be paid not-CB pay just yet. I hope we don't need him enough to have to keep him. Ellis isn't going anywhere IMO.

I'll 2nd this sentiment.

Henry is have great ball skills. He would make a very good FS. I bet anything that if you play him there full time. He will provide his share of INTs.

Pittman4Two

Reaction score
The effects of trading away Joey Galloway have finally came to fruition.

Straws are being grasped at from many a hand in here.

The Buccaneers are showing that top-notch receivers aren't a high priority to be successful in the NFL League.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'd love to get RW here. At the right price. Not sure what that is. If RW and his agent are smart they make them go to Dallas. Jerry will still have to pony up a high draft pick. They may go for a 2 but I'm not certain that will be enough. At some point the price goes down as the season moves on. Also he would need to be here soon enough to pick up the O this season and be a threat.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Hos, I couldn't pull a 20 pager out of my butt if I stuffed 19 pages in it.

well done

ndanger

Reaction score
stealth;2300684 said:
Hos, I couldn't pull a 20 pager out of my butt if I stuffed 19 pages in it.

well done

Yeah and he did with just Williams in the title, no Roy. I bet a thread with just Roy in the title would get 20 just as easy.

slick325

Reaction score
Doomsday;2299761 said:
It does matter he is a FA at the end of the year. He can go there play the rest of the season then leave if he wants to. No one will give up a 1st for him without signing to him a long term deal.

Not true. The Eagles can trade for him and can be guaranteed to have him at minimum for 2.5 years. The Eagles can franchise him two years straight and there is nothing he would be able to do about it if he wants to play in the NFL.

The Eagles have the cap room to do it. They also have their stars locked up so the tag will be available for the next two years until the uncapped year rolls around.

The myth that he has ANY control right now is false. If he becomes an UFA, then the ball is in his court so to speak.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Pittman4Two;2300658 said:
The effects of trading away Joey Galloway have finally came to fruition.

Straws are being grasped at from many a hand in here.

The Buccaneers are showing that top-notch receivers aren't a high priority to be successful in the NFL League.
go away, informationless, delusional troll.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Didn't read through the whole thread, but with RW on this team, two TE sets with Bennett would be scary. Huge targets and MB in the backfield wouldn't be fair to the league.

Jake0

Reaction score
For those who are doubting Roy Williams' abilities and want to wait on Austin/Hurd/Stanback to develop.... do we have anyone that can even come close to making a play on his own like this?
http://www.truveo.com/WK-1-CantMiss-Play-Roy-Williams-TD-catch/id/4005254694

Besides... Let those guys develop, Roy can be our future #1 after TO is gone or if TO goes down at any point in the next couple of years. We can still use those guys later on down the road.

6'3, he's large, has good hands, good control, ran a 4.48 at the combine and 4.36, 4.38 at his pro day, he has enough speed, everything's there. Don't see why anyone wouldn't want him here.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Jake0;2304997 said:
For those who are doubting Roy Williams' abilities and want to wait on Austin/Hurd/Stanback to develop.... do we have anyone that can even come close to making a play on his own like this?
http://www.truveo.com/WK-1-CantMiss-Play-Roy-Williams-TD-catch/id/4005254694

Besides... Let those guys develop, Roy can be our future #1 after TO is gone or if TO goes down at any point in the next couple of years. We can still use those guys later on down the road.

6'3, he's large, has good hands, good control, ran a 4.48 at the combine and 4.36, 4.38 at his pro day, he has enough speed, everything's there. Don't see why anyone wouldn't want him here.

Absolutely agree, great video example. By the way folks, that's NFL highlights to, this is not speculative material. Everyone else we have or could draft would be a speculative player. RW is a top notch talent on a team that will use him properly. There's one point that didn't get expressed, RW held onto the ball there after making that db look like a college athlete just jumping over him. We don't get to see too many of our WR's hold onto balls in big moments. That includes T.O. That db had good coverage, just didn't have the physical skills to go up after the ball like Roy. Make sure we can get him signed to a long term deal and give them that late first rounder now, no questions asked.