Twitter: Lions looking for WR, Austin speculation, mike fisher will ask

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I dont think we give up on austin this year.....but...we do start seriously looking. And getting the other guys in there......and if one stands out......then austin will have to go if he can't be on the field for 16 games playing at a high level.....this is the third year with these problems,,,,,i feel bad for him. But, as far as we know, the cowboys had a lead and were being cautious....or, They were telling austin. It's not serious dude. Ske sure your on the field.........

But im not ready to give up on him yet...

I am. He will always have these little nagging hammy injuries. That happens when there is no contact. It's just who he is. He gave us a few good seasons but he can't be counted on for any length of time. I believe someone put the over under on how long it took him to get injured at 4 games. They were 1.5 games off. Got hurt halfway into the 3rd game.

Why would you continue to hold out hope for him after this has been going on for awhile now?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Jerry sells low and buys high, so I don't see this happening.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Hey, The Cowboys will give a first and third round and extend him for 54 million! Oh wait....

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'd imagine if they're WR shopping they'll be looking at the kid in Cleveland first and foremost. I doubt very seriously they'd waste their time going after Austin who, surprise surprise, is having hamstring trouble yet again.

Josh Gordon makes much more sense. Unfortunately. Lions are adding to a strength, imagine that.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
To get Suh, we would have to give them Austin and probably a first rounder.

Besides, he's too much of a headache and chemistry is the best thing this DLine has going for it right now.

Why not Austin, Rat and a future pick based on production in 2013 (sacks, pro bowl, suspensions, etc.)?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we got a 3rd for Austin I'd do back flips, and that would be a spectacle.

iceman117

Reaction score
Austin in untradeable and the notion is down right laughable. Ridiculously large contract, annual hamstring issues, and average at best production for a few years now does not entice teams make a deal. If he was out on the street, yeah, many teams would be interested but I highly doubt you could find a single team willing to give up even a 7th for him right now.

his production would be excellent in the Lions pass happy offense, we both know that.... and they would get him down the feild

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It just makes no sense at all.

Thinking we will land Suh is just laughable BTW.

Also... I hate to lose Austin because it takes receivers FOREVER to get comfortable in this offense.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
I am. He will always have these little nagging hammy injuries. That happens when there is no contact. It's just who he is. He gave us a few good seasons but he can't be counted on for any length of time. I believe someone put the over under on how long it took him to get injured at 4 games. They were 1.5 games off. Got hurt halfway into the 3rd game.

Why would you continue to hold out hope for him after this has been going on for awhile now?

I hear ya. His time is running out, we just can't have it, and you may well be right. But we have given up early on other wrs before and they went on to have pro bowl careers......it's a tough tough call........im willing to see what he does the rest of the season.......he has talent. He is a good football player. Just cant stay healthy.......

iceman117

Reaction score
I have no idea if they'd consider it, but I'd trade Austin and a pick for Fairley.

me too one of those 7th we added.... then i'd even consider calling the browns and offer them a third for Gordon, i'm not saying i'd do it 100% but i'd definitely be in the room with my pro scouting department and seeing if this would make sense... Twill is still young and raw and it will probably take him a good 2 years to be a good #2 and I feel this team can win now so that is an important position.... just food for though

conner01

Reaction score
austin in not going to be traded. look at the signing bonus he just got. aint happening, we don't have enough cap space to eat the dead money.

Nexx

Reaction score
Okay so lets say we trade Miles. What if Dez's back keeps flaring up... now we have a Rookie on the outside, with Harris who isn't nearly as effective on the outside as he is in the slot with Beasley in the slot... not sure if im liking that at all...