Twitter: Lions looking for WR, Austin speculation, mike fisher will ask

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Okay so lets say we trade Miles. What if Dez's back keeps flaring up... now we have a Rookie on the outside, with Harris who isn't nearly as effective on the outside as he is in the slot with Beasley in the slot... not sure if im liking that at all...

Dez's back? What?

Mookie

Reaction score
In the offseason I would have said heck no, how could we trade Miles? Miles Austin is our main weapon for a deep threat, he can get things done with our offense.

I however today would be willing to trade Miles Austin to Detroit for the right price, he is always injured, he is fragile and honestly I like Cole Beasley too much, he should get involved way much in our offense. I however am not entirely sold on Williams yet, but I'd call Laurant Robinson, perhaps he is doing much better from those concussion problems.

I would tell the Detroit GM; "You ripped us on the RW trade earlier in the past decade, here's Austin, but give me something good, either Suh, a starter in the OLine or a very high draft pick.."

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
If somehow miles got traded we wouldn't get any higher than a 4th and even that's reaching

And you could bet your butt that the deal wouldn't be made until a deal is made to land Gordon.....guaranteed

treykin32

Reaction score
If we were to trade Austin, the only thing left to do is sign TO. He could stretch the field and make the safeties pick their poison. Besides, TO and Romo were a great combo on the field for 3 years. I think you would still have to respect TO's speed and his ability to stretch the field. Dez and Witten would have a field day lol. I know this wouldn't happen though. lol

visionary

Reaction score
Bleacher Report...nuff said. Better than Yardbarker, but just barely.

3ov4y8.jpg

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
If we were to trade Austin, the only thing left to do is sign TO. He could stretch the field and make the safeties pick their poison. Besides, TO and Romo were a great combo on the field for 3 years. I think you would still have to respect TO's speed and his ability to stretch the field. Dez and Witten would have a field day lol. I know this wouldn't happen though. lol

Wait, what?

Staubacher

Reaction score
Was I the only one who saw Austin short-arm a 3rd down pass and we had to punt last game? He totally bailed on going after it like he was expecting a hit. Weak.

That said I would prefer Austin (w a healthy hammy of course) finish out the year with us. Twill is not ready and Harris and Beasley are better in supporting roles not #2 WR.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think if Miles gets 100 yards against the Chargers, who have the 31st ranked defense in the NFL, very few Zoners will still want to trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick. I can understand the skepticism about Miles because of his injury history, but we don't have anyone who has shown he can replace him as the number 2 receiver.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Only way i would be interested is if was a player for player swap......,,ie. Miles for a DT/DE

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Trading away your talent for a draft pick when it is possible you could make a run at the SB is insanity. Trading away players that add value to your team is something a team like the Browns are doing because they aren't talented enough to win right now. We are.

bark

Reaction score
Miles is more valuable to the cowboys than he would be to any other team at this stage of the season.
He's not going anywhere esp with his hammys flaring up. I don't think he is valued around the league as much as our fans value him

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Lol, TO.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score

What the heck... TO?

LMAO

Dude, he is done. smh

jnday

Reaction score
Okay so lets say we trade Miles. What if Dez's back keeps flaring up... now we have a Rookie on the outside, with Harris who isn't nearly as effective on the outside as he is in the slot with Beasley in the slot... not sure if im liking that at all...

Miles can not be depended on to help with that situation.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Let's hope Miles hammy problems bother him as much as they did last year ... when he was 13th in the NFL in yards per target.