Video: LN: Deep Pass Breakdown

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I am beginning to like this guy. He is short and to the point. This TD by Seattle reveals the breakdown of the secondary.

But, the second half some adjustments were made and they fared better. Still lost, but maybe Seattle was a better team.

At this point. And that is critical. Look with your eyes and not your emotions. The football season is long and teams come together. JMO.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't think this is cover 4, because that would mean that BOTH safeties blew their assignment. I think it's likely Cover 3, especially with a 5-man rush, and one of them was supposed to stay over the top.

My guess is that Thompson is the guy who was supposed to stay over the top, and Woods was in more of a buzz role, but without knowing the call it could go either way. It's more hilarious if it was both safeties though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas secondary flat out busted coverage on some of these deep passes, I also noticed later in the game where Diggs had good coverage on Metcalf and safety was there is support and Diggs came close to getting the int. Problem is not speed it is knowing and understanding the assignments and communication which secondary coach needs to work on with these players. I will not make any excuse for injuries in the secondary but it sure as hell did not help having new faces in the secondary vs a passing offense who seem to beat a lot of teams deep. Wilson and Lockett and Metcalf did not put up these league leading numbers on deep balls just on the Cowboys. Again no excuse for blown coverage and it is up to the coaches and players to get his fixed.

Creeper

Reaction score
If you notice on this play, they rush only 3 guys. It looks like 5 but then 2 guys drop back so 4 guys are literally watching Wilson drop back and throw the football. I think this was their way of keep him from running? Bad plan. I would rather flush him out to the DE. They should have been sending those guys standing around watching on delayed blitzes to keep Wilson for stepping up.

I noticed this a few times during the game.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I am beginning to like this guy. He is short and to the point. This TD by Seattle reveals the breakdown of the secondary.

But, the second half some adjustments were made and they fared better. Still lost, but maybe Seattle was a better team.

At this point. And that is critical. Look with your eyes and not your emotions. The football season is long and teams come together. JMO.

Great breakdown to show the flawed coverage...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Our offense is on average 6th in the league (rushing, passing yards, TD’s, receiving yards, etc).

our defense is almost ranked 32nd (I think it’s currently ranked at 30).

yeah. That’s the definition of an AVERAGE team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** is good. Check out Voch Lombardi, Dallas Cowboys Universe (Skywalker Steele) and FootsDaKing too. Their analysis and video breakdown is as good as some of the pros.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Whatever the coverage was, what the heck is Woods doing?? He doesn't have anybody else to concern himself with except the guy running right at him.

Looks to me like Woods is playing a robber and expecting to have help over the top and Thompson #23 just let him go but who knows. One of them should have been back there.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
How did he get open? What a defense. Mass pass protection, they had only 2 guys running routes and we had about 7 guys standing around doing nothing. SMH

That makes it worse. 2 man route and we still bust the coverage. Unbelievable.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** is good. Check out Voch Lombardi, Dallas Cowboys Universe (Skywalker Steele) and FootsDaKing too. Their analysis and video breakdown is as good as some of the pros.

Voch used to be a daily ritual for me when alerted. But he has now become Hollywood and acts like some of the smug press.