Locker room is trashed

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You need to be DAMN sure Dak is the guy before you dig the hole even deeper. A miss on this one sets the team back farther than just letting him walk and rolling the dice on a draft pick/journeyman type.
Says everyone to Dak as he's entering year 9 of his career......

tumblr_n7yrebkR5Z1r2bzz4o4_500.gifv

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Hit ignore and just read your fellow Dak lover's posts.
Ignorance is bliss..................
I don’t mind reading anti Dak takes. I just thing you're weak for cowering when your team wins.

It’s odd behavior, right? You don’t want to celebrate your team winning?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You use the term "restructured" as if it somehow softens the upcoming impact of whatever they do with Dak.

A restructure is when they just convert future salary into upfront bonus which allows the team to spread that over the remaining years of the contract choosing how and when they want to take the cap hits. Since Dak has no remaining years on his contract, there is no restructuring. He will need a entirely new contract, aka an extension. Unless Dak accepts a very team friendly deal, he will be signing another 4 or 5 year deal at 60ish million/yr and 100+ million guaranteed. The existing cap responsibilities don't just disappear and will have to be worked in as well. If it plays out like that, the team will be in the same position in 3 or 4 years, unless they structure the contract to take the cap hits over the first years instead of deferring much it to the last year(s).

You need to be DAMN sure Dak is the guy before you dig the hole even deeper. A miss on this one sets the team back farther than just letting him walk and rolling the dice on a draft pick/journeyman type.

It's a no win situation. (pun not intended). Unless of course Dak takes one for the team, but the odds of that are zero.
actually that is not entirely true. there are provisions in his contract that allows the cowboys to extend and spread the salary. I am checking on the details as we all assumed that the last two years were put in place, one to spread the bonus and as poison pill since restructures as you said just use up front bonuses spread over the life of contract to lessen that year's salary cap hit.

so until we get better understanding of what's in the contract really and how it can be restructured, we are just guessing.

the market for QBs is what the market for QBs is. not in anyone's control really. top 15 make 30M on average. top 12 make 40M on average. 4 are already at above 50M average. the numbers are only going to go up.

and I don't disagree. in 3 or 4 years they will be here. regardless, they will be here dak or no dak. every team has to deal with it. its reality of NFL salaries.

and so cowboys are at a cross roads. tough situation. do they let Dak walk after a 12 win season and a disappointing playoff appearance? or do they resign. if they do then they have to keep a core of players, why else invest in a 30 year old QB. that means Micah, CD and Fergi. if they decide to walk, which doesn't look like it, then there is a rebuild and you don't keep any of the aforementioned. by keeping MM they made their intentions clear.

we will have to wait and see what happens in the next few months. for sure there will be a lot of speculations

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t mind reading anti Dak takes. I just thing you're weak for cowering when your team wins.

It’s odd behavior, right? You don’t want to celebrate your team winning?
After 29 years of non-glory and beating 4-13 teams to a pulp being happy for the win sure but Celebrating?
Man Jerry loves you guys hence no need to strive for anything better than one and done in the playoffs!

FoxF

Reaction score
Top three players all looking for a piece of the pie at the same time. Good thing Diggs contract isn’t up, or we would have a fully blown housewives reality show going. HBO could make some money with that!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Micah will not wait, he will be a camp holdout if he does not get a deal
and in the end, he will show up and if he is to get paid, then he will get his contract, but his first year is the same as what he is today and its just extension and he will get a nice large signing bonus.

with the playoff performance I saw, Micah pulling a Dak and CD pouting like a little spoiled child on the sideline, I am not sure if I want any of them. weakminded players. no heart. no fight.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
After 29 years of non-glory and beating 4-13 teams to a pulp being happy for the win sure but Celebrating?
Man Jerry loves you guys hence no need to strive for anything better than one and done in the playoffs!
You’ve put yourself out there with your takes and now your pride keeps you from posting when we win in a forum you pay money to.

It’s hard for you to explain why you do that.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is a pretty decent example of how fans get sucked into "The View" type media drama. This is where journalism has gone. No longer talking about the actual sport, because that's hard and requires skill. Nope, hit up all the low hanging fuit stories. :laugh:

Now, whether the stories are true or not is not the issue. The NFL has a handful of teams that experience collapse. Every year. Nothing new and I bet nothing changes from it. All emotional loon bags vomitting online.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Top three players all looking for a piece of the pie at the same time. Good thing Diggs contract isn’t up, or we would have a fully blown housewives reality show going. HBO could make some money with that!
This is certainly a legit problem with Jerry and always has been. He goes for the shiny big name super stars.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’ve put yourself out there with your takes and now your pride keeps you from posting when we win in a forum you pay money to.

It think you know it’s weak.
My Takes have been pretty much SPOT on and so will the one that predicted Dak's demise will start in the locker room!
Since 2016 I have said Dak aint the one..............2 playoffs wins later think I've been vindicated!!!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
My Takes have been pretty much SPOT on and so will the one that predicted Dak's demise will start in the locker room!
Since 2016 I have said Dak aint the one..............2 playoffs wins later think I've been vindicated!!!
You can’t post on a site for your favorite NFL team after wins because it makes you feel bad.

You deal with that fact.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
again I stress how the heck is Jerry gonna sell an extension to his fans and most importantly to his Players???????
It may be necessary to re-watch and listen to the Chris Brockman/Rich Eisen exchange from the 6:10 to 6:43 mark (34 seconds long).

The answer? How Jones will sell it is irrelevant. A minority of fans, perhaps several thousands or tens of thousands, may permanently dump the franchise. A small portion of Prescott's teammates may become disgruntled enough to possibly be bounced from the team. The 2024 season will happen. And more old and brand new drama will inspire more 'How will Jones sell this?' befuddlement at that time too.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
By virtue of keeping a lame duck coaching staff on board for 2024, Jerry has given up on the season (whether he realizes it or not). Time for that wildcatter mentality to appear and make some bold moves. Blow it up this year and start fresh in 2025 with a new coaching staff.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a pretty decent example of how fans get sucked into "The View" type media drama. This is where journalism has gone. No longer talking about the actual sport, because that's hard and requires skill. Nope, hit up all the low hanging fuit stories. :laugh:

Now, whether the stories are true or not is not the issue. The NFL has a handful of teams that experience collapse. Every year. Nothing new and I bet nothing changes from it. All emotional loon bags vomitting online.
Preach.

Reactions: G2

glimmerman

Reaction score
Gallup gone and Pollard. A few others. We will have enough money. 5th year options on Lamb and Parons. They may sit on us. Wouldn’t doubt it.