Twitter: Lockerroom chatter re: Dak

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People are missing the point. Yeah of course he will play. But he has a serious, painful injury to his throwing shoulder. He will play but how effective will he be?

About the same. He throws behind the receiver before and after the I jury. Just need to run alot of rpo's, screens, easy passes.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
So is Rush a more accurate passer than Dak ? Throw a better deep ball ?

superonyx

Reaction score
so Dak told Gallup he wasn't going to throw no matter what during those situations, talk about limiting the offense even further. I'll say it regardless of what player at whatever position, if you can't play or are under performing if I'm the coach I'm taking you out. I'm not waiting until after a game and potential loss to say we need to consider options. It's like when the rams got bad goff last week, he was handicapping that offense like no other, why keep him in when you know the situation?
Kind of a weird point to make after we put up over 40 points in the game.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Kind of a weird point to make after we put up over 40 points in the game.

Though I agree with you, the person you replied to was right. He audibled a lot in this game, and those plays turned into running plays. Sure, he read the defense and maybe it was favorable for the run, but it is off. Dak should’ve sat out for majority of the game. IMO, once it got to 28-7, he likely should sat out the 2nd half. Not just because the run was the main thing working, but A. he could’ve made his injury worse, and B. he technically did handicap the offense. Luckily, we played a team that was weak against the run, but what if the Rams miraculously came within a TD? We would have to start passing a little bit to get more ahead. Would he have been fine enough to do that? He eliminated all passing options. Even Amari noted it.

I hope he’s better next game, but Garrett said (I think it was Garrett) that they didn’t think much of it in the game. Dak and Garrett agreed that he was fine enough to go out I guess. Everything was fine, but since then, his injury has deteriorated. That’s not a good sign.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
URwdEvf.gif

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Flamma

Reaction score
People are missing the point. Yeah of course he will play. But he has a serious, painful injury to his throwing shoulder. He will play but how effective will he be?

Don't know. It was a bit disturbing when I heard the remark that they didn't expect Dak to throw it much.

But let's be realistic here, if he doesn't play he better be the qb2. This way he can come in when we start losing, or come in if Rush gets injured. Because we're not winning with Rush under center

Johnny23

Reaction score
so Dak told Gallup he wasn't going to throw no matter what during those situations, talk about limiting the offense even further. I'll say it regardless of what player at whatever position, if you can't play or are under performing if I'm the coach I'm taking you out. I'm not waiting until after a game and potential loss to say we need to consider options. It's like when the rams got bad goff last week, he was handicapping that offense like no other, why keep him in when you know the situation?
Blake Bortles is the primary back up. That's why.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The players have faith in their guy to play and play well. But it may not be a matter of how the locker room feels about Dak. He may be really hurt to the point he can not answer the bell.

superonyx

Reaction score
Though I agree with you, the person you replied to was right. He audibled a lot in this game, and those plays turned into running plays. Sure, he read the defense and maybe it was favorable for the run, but it is off. Dak should’ve sat out for majority of the game. IMO, once it got to 28-7, he likely should sat out the 2nd half. Not just because the run was the main thing working, but A. he could’ve made his injury worse, and B. he technically did handicap the offense. Luckily, we played a team that was weak against the run, but what if the Rams miraculously came within a TD? We would have to start passing a little bit to get more ahead. Would he have been fine enough to do that? He eliminated all passing options. Even Amari noted it.

I hope he’s better next game, but Garrett said (I think it was Garrett) that they didn’t think much of it in the game. Dak and Garrett agreed that he was fine enough to go out I guess. Everything was fine, but since then, his injury has deteriorated. That’s not a good sign.
We have no evidence that he couldn’t throw the ball during the game to a point where it would handicap our offense. This is just speculation. Just because Dak was in a position to choose the run in a game where the run was dominating the defense doesn’t mean he couldn’t throw if needed. In fact he did throw the ball in the game after the injury.

Dak threw for over 200 yards and 2 TDs after the injury. Stop it dude.

Cooper Rush would handicap our offense more than Dak did sore.

You are being a drama queen again.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Lol. Over reacting again I see. The injury didn’t deteriorate. If you’ve ever played you’d know that some pain doesn’t present itself right away. They did the MRI and saw no damage. He will be fine. I mean it goes against your whole these guys area losers who only care about money and fame mantra but you don’t have an agenda in this .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The worst possible outcome of losing to Philly would be Jerry rationalizing "if only Dak were healthy " and extending JG.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The franchise quarterback. This is the proof you go out and play. I totally expect them out there