3.Manning.......nine years
4.Brady
5.Foles......1 year wonder
6.Brady
7.Mahomes....2 years
8.Brady
9.Stafford........12 years
10.Mahomes....
The quarterbacks that won early had a great defense. The rest of them were just Phenoms. So by any measure possible. Dak is right where he needs to be . He's not phenomenal. He doesn't have a dominate defense....So? Why then? Are some so down on his career thus far??? Makes no sense. Here in black and white you see no other quarterbacks has done crap. That includes Jackson. Allen...Herbert....Burrow......And if Purdy wins????? Great defense.....Defense again :facepalm: So I tell you guys. You want to win a Super Bowl get Dak a defense. Not a fake one. A real one. Start with a dominate defensive tackle. Make Micah a real MLB... get Queens from Baltimore. I think Overshown will be my third starter but I'm still drafting another linebacker. Get the defensive lineman from Kansas City. Draft or free agent another defensive end . Draft or trade for one "great" safety. Get a guy who knows how to stop and defend motion as your DC. Not rocket science here. We do all this, and Dak fails then so be it.... But let's cover the defensive bases first-then worry about, Dak......Why start all over when you haven't tried what works. Even Micah defended Dak and said what the hell ya'll think Dak is "Superman"???? We gave up 38 points. No quarterback wins that game'. And Dak's time with Garrett:facepalm: What quarterback would win under him? So, I go with the last 3 seasons. 12-5...no playoff wins. No Super Bowl. 3 years isn't a long-time guys. You suffered with Jerry for 25 years.... With hardly any 12-5 seasons. If they go all in on defense-Super Bowl. So, try it, Jerry!!! What the hell do you have to lose?????? It's something you haven't tried in 28 years.

Chasing6

Reaction score
!. Wilson...... 2 year
2.Brady.......2 years
3.Manning.......nine years
4.Brady
5.Foles......1 year wonder
6.Brady
7.Mahomes....2 years
8.Brady
9.Stafford........12 years
10.Mahomes....
The quarterbacks that won early had a great defense. The rest of them were just Phenoms. So by any measure possible. Dak is right where he needs to be . He's not phenomenal. He doesn't have a dominate defense....So? Why then? Are some so down on his career thus far??? Makes no sense. Here in black and white you see no other quarterbacks has done crap. That includes Jackson. Allen...Herbert....Burrow......And if Purdy wins????? Great defense.....Defense again :facepalm: So I tell you guys. You want to win a Super Bowl get Dak a defense. Not a fake one. A real one. Start with a dominate defensive tackle. Make Micah a real MLB... get Queens from Baltimore. I think Overshown will be my third starter but I'm still drafting another linebacker. Get the defensive lineman from Kansas City. Draft or free agent another defensive end . Draft or trade for one "great" safety. Get a guy who knows how to stop and defend motion as your DC. Not rocket science here. We do all this, and Dak fails then so be it.... But let's cover the defensive bases first-then worry about, Dak......Why start all over when you haven't tried what works. Even Micah defended Dak and said what the hell ya'll think Dak is "Superman"???? We gave up 38 points. No quarterback wins that game'. And Dak's time with Garrett:facepalm: What quarterback would win under him? So, I go with the last 3 seasons. 12-5...no playoff wins. No Super Bowl. 3 years isn't a long-time guys. You suffered with Jerry for 25 years.... With hardly any 12-5 seasons. If they go all in on defense-Super Bowl. So, try it, Jerry!!! What the hell do you have to lose?????? It's something you haven't tried in 28 years.
A lot of those teams can run the ball as well.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
A lot of those teams can run the ball as well.
Yep. You're right but I was more focused on what I love-defense. But again. Home run there. You need a running game also.. Dallas can do all of this "IF" Jerry is really all in. All in ??? No way you can change your quarterback for the all-in season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
All that list really shows is Brady and Mahomes win alot of SB's....the others were one offs bssically..looks like Mahomes is about to add another...Stupid Cowboys why would you not draft Mahomes or Brady!!!!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Even with a D he had put no points on the board against top teams in the first half. Also it’s extremely rare to be this far along and just “get it.” Only 3 guys with more yrs have won a SB. People are down because it keeps happening. If they want to build a super D, run the ball and see if he can throw 20 times to limit mistakes…go for it. But they’ve yet to do it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yep. You're right but I was more focused on what I love-defense. But again. Home run there. You need a running game also.. Dallas can do all of this "IF" Jerry is really all in. All in ??? No way you can change your quarterback for the all-in season.
The ability to run the ball keeps the defense off the field and fresh.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Even with a D he had put no points on the board against top teams in the first half. Also it’s extremely rare to be this far along and just “get it.” Only 3 guys with more yrs have won a SB. People are down because it keeps happening. If they want to build a super D, run the ball and see if he can throw 20 times to limit mistakes…go for it. But they’ve yet to do it.
Dallas had 7 at the half......Our defense even holds them to 20...we probably still win by 10. Once the offense got going.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's good for Dak to be in Dallas I know that. The amount of money flowing his way is, quite frankly, unbelievable.
Why are you mad at Dak for this??? Jerry could of signed Dak earlier and got him for 20 to 25 million... But idiot wanted to wait. 60 million dollars later. Here we are. You telling me you'd turn down 60 million if that was your job market after your company made the mistake of not paying you less when they could have????

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Did this guy watch any of the games this year?

The 49ers won 2 playoff games that were shootouts

How are they considered an elite defense?

Also what this guy fails to mention is that the only reason those teams had those elite defenses was because they were paying the QBs peanuts.

Russell Wilson is the perfect example. Ever since he got paid, he has never sniffed success again.

This has been discussed ad nauseam on here.

You can't pay Russell Wilson the same as Patrick Mahomes and expect success.

The ONLY reason you should pay a QB top dollar is because you think he can overcome the weaker aspects on a team. (Defense/poor WRs)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why are you mad at Dak for this??? Jerry could of signed Dak earlier and got him for 20 to 25 million... But idiot wanted to wait. 60 million dollars later. Here we are. You telling me you'd turn down 60 million if that was your job market after your company made the mistake of not paying you less when they could have????
You are right that Dak took what Jerry was willing to pay him, but, now the fool wants even mo, mo, mo money, to hell with the salary cap.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Nobody is mad because of this.

We only complain because in the NFL, there is a salary cap.

Would you be ok with the Dallas Cowboys losing their mind and giving Gallup a new 30$M a year extension this year?

Of course not!

It's not our money but we understand that if you pay Michael Gallup that much, you have to go cheap with the other spots on the roster

This isn't calculus here...

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
By your logic no one would have a vet quarterback :laugh: :facepalm: Most will be making more than Dak after this round:laugh:Purdy "if he wins" will be the exception-not rule. As far as money goes. As far as shootout goes. Dallas couldn't win a shootout because our defense couldn't get a stop. 49ers defense made stops when the had to. Thus got them the win. Our defense didn't even show up....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
All that list really shows is Brady and Mahomes win alot of SB's....the others were one offs bssically..looks like Mahomes is about to add another...Stupid Cowboys why would you not draft Mahomes or Brady!!!!
You'd been on here lobbying hard to keep Alex Smith over drafting Mahomes because Smith makes you feel safe and comfortable.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
By your logic no one would have a vet quarterback :laugh: :facepalm: Most will be making more than Dak after this round:laugh:Purdy "if he wins" will be the exception-not rule. As far as money goes. As far as shootout goes. Dallas couldn't win a shootout because our defense couldn't get a stop. 49ers defense made stops when the had to. Thus got them the win. Our defense didn't even show up....
"Our defense couldn't get a stop"

Our defense literally got a stop on the second Green Bay possession

Dak then followed that up with his first interception at our own 30

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Damn, no defense, how in the world did they manage to win 12 games without a defense, but, turn on the lights and the deer stares into the abyss.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You are right that Dak took what Jerry was willing to pay him, but, now the fool wants even mo, mo, mo money, to hell with the salary cap.
He's not asking for more money??? Where have you seen him sitting out wanting more???? His contract is up. When your contract is up or your Union contract is up. You go in for what you think is the fair price for a days work. The fair price for a guy like Dak in the NFL is 60 million. You in Dak's shoes? You going to say "no thanks"???

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
"Our defense couldn't get a stop"

Our defense literally got a stop on the second Green Bay possession

Dak then followed that up with his first interception at our own 30
And that was the only time Greenbay punted the rest of the game until after they got 48. You can whine Dak all day. Dak gave up 10 point's. Defense 38!!! Numbers don't lie.