Video: Lombardi: “This is the best version of Dak that we've seen”

T-RO

Reaction score
Huge Dak fan--and I love me some Voch, but this thread will not age well.

King?!?

If I was Dak I'd say: "You not helping me with this ****."

Truly, AC...beg moderators to delete this thread expeditiously.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

King?!?

Why? Voch Lombardi is speaking truth!

Receiving group has regressed this year from last several years? Fact

Oline has regressed from last several years? Fact

Zeke has regressed from last several years? Fact

Dak has improved, especially during playoffs from past playoff trips? Fact

Everything Voch said is Fact. Fans need to appreciate what we have in Dak.

plymkr

Reaction score

King?!?

I am not a huge Dak fan but I can't argue with anything he said. Yeah he called him "King" but he played like a king so it fits. I agree that the WR corps has declined, offensive line has declined. I would say TP emerging has offset Zeke declining. So there's nothing in this video I disagree with.

Again not a Dak fan, he may be winning me back, but he completely balled out against a respectable defense, on the road, in the playoffs. He had his best game of the season in the playoffs. That's just a fact. If Dak continues this level of play then we can beat anyone. The man was just in fire. He made them look stupid. Anyone who can't recognize his play was phenomenal then there's agenda bias big time. I've been nitpicking Dak for 2 seasons, sometimes fair and sometimes agenda driven, but the play of Dak on Monday was elite and if he keeps it up, look out NFL.

T-RO

Reaction score
If you love Dak...as I do...this "King" **** ain't helping. It's poison. Ask mods to delete.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am not a huge Dak fan but I can't argue with anything he said. Yeah he called him "King" but he played like a king so it fits. I agree that the WR corps has declined, offensive line has declined. I would say TP emerging has offset Zeke declining. So there's nothing in this video I disagree with.

Again not a Dak fan, he may be winning me back, but he completely balled out against a respectable defense, on the road, in the playoffs. He had his best game of the season in the playoffs. That's just a fact. If Dak continues this level of play then we can beat anyone. The man was just in fire. He made them look stupid. Anyone who can't recognize his play was phenomenal then there's agenda bias big time. I've been nitpicking Dak for 2 seasons, sometimes fair and sometimes agenda driven, but the play of Dak on Monday was elite and if he keeps it up, look out NFL.
:hammer: :hammer:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

No Cowboys fan would/could argue with that. The contentious issue is that this isnt the Dak that always turns up....but this sure is the Dak we (and probably he) wants.

For me it's the way he overcame the dip (and most every QB will go through it in a game), it's how they lead in times of adversity. He didnt compound matters by over trying and then panic, he did exactly what was needed, found his go to receiver and used his legs (which if nothing else means the D will need to employ a Spy and free up gaps in the Secondary).

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
No Cowboys fan would/could argue with that. The contentious issue is that this isnt the Dak that always turns up....but this sure is the Dak we (and probably he) wants.

For me it's the way he overcame the dip (and most every QB will go through it in a game), it's how they lead in times of adversity. He didnt compound matters by over trying and then panic, he did exactly what was needed, found his go to receiver and used his legs (which if nothing else means the D will need to employ a Spy and free up gaps in the Secondary).
Thank you. Everyone can be king for one game. Show it over years and years in consecutive games and we're talking. And no, this doesn't mean I'm saying you can never have a bad game. Just more of the good ones in a row.

But who cares. If he has another one of these on Sunday I won't complain. :)

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I said when Dak came back and the interception spree started that the minute he found the balance between being over aggressive and just aggressive he was going to take the next step in his evolution. Obviously he found that balance Monday night. Time will tell if he stays in that space. If he does, he will be one of the two or three best QBs in the league for the next 5-6 years which bodes well for us and is going to drive his detractors nuts. I can't wait.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Thank you. Everyone can be king for one game. Show it over years and years in consecutive games and we're talking. And no, this doesn't mean I'm saying you can never have a bad game. Just more of the good ones in a row.

But who cares. If he has another one of these on Sunday I won't complain. :)
Indeed, the problem for any player is to perform once the opponent's have 'the tape' to dissect. I'm of the opinion that we 'mailed' in the Jags and Comm's games with 'basic packages' as we didnt want to give away anything (both sides of the ball).

The one aspect of Voch's vid i'd disagree with is that compared to last years 9'ers game this Offense, as a whole unit, is more balanced and capable of different shows than we were last year. This doesnt decry or take away from Dak's performance, it's still his orchestra to conduct and he takes the plaudits when it comes together.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yup, and he, along with the rest of the team, slew the king.

Qcard

Reaction score

:hammer::hammer::clap:

USArmyVet

Reaction score

LOL....yet again everyone sucks but Dak and he is the sole reason to have brought the team into the playoffs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There's only one more thing Dak has to do to be "king". (eeww....not sure I can get on board with that. ).

Come out on the first strive and stick a dagger in the defense. I mean it's great he "made adjustments" or "got a handle on it".

constant opening with 2-3 three and outs puts me in a sour pus mood. :)