Video: Lombardi: “This is the best version of Dak that we've seen”

Hardline

Reaction score
The problem is Dak's consistency. That's what keeps Dak from being a top 10 QB.

Which Dak is going to show up?

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Huge Dak fan--and I love me some Voch, but this thread will not age well.

King?!?

If I was Dak I'd say: "You not helping me with this ****."

Truly, AC...beg moderators to delete this thread expeditiously.
He said, "Respect a King when you see one.". He didn't quite crown him. It is language that a certain culture uses when describing themselves. I can see where a lot of people wouldn't understand this.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Romo had better command of the position at that point, no doubt.

However, would his body have held up? Probably not based on what we had seen in recent years from him.

Also, what would have happened with Dak? Would he have lost any momentum he had and not develop into the qb he has become (unlikely with how he is made up) and would they have lost the locker room? A lot of new guys on that team had Dak's back (zeke being one of them) and there were always Rumblings of how many teamates didn't like Tony.

They made the right decision, imo. I said it before they made the decision too. As much as I loved Tony...it was time.
Odds are, yes his body would have held up. It would have been about half a season.
He had a broken collar bone, it happens. Discovered an issue that made it more likely and had that taken care of.
The 2nd collar bone was because the team was desperate and he came back too soon in an effort to salvage the season.
The back was just an unfortunate tackle with crazy awkward torque.
He was healthy, and supposedly his core was as strong as it had ever been.
Plus, if he got hurt, then you just go back to Dak and you're no worse off than you were before.

You can base the decision on facts, or silly rumors.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I wonder if other fan bases forget 7 years worth of evidence because of 1 game against an 8-9 team?

I doubt it.

This is why Cowboys fans are mocked.
True. It was an 8-9 team: average across the board. They were getting more credit than they deserved because of Brady being under center. The 49ers are the #2 seed. I’m cautiously optimistic, but you never know which Dak is going to show up. If the 49ers defensive line plays physical and well and the defensive backs are tight on the receivers it could be a long day for Dak. The best chance the Cowboys have in that case is to rattle the rookie QB but Shanahan is a good offensive coach.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Grow up I did nothing to be caught at except ho make lasagna nekkit you dont have a spy cam do you?
You brought up back to back 12 win seasons in a Dak discussion when Dak wasn't a part of all the wins in either of those seasons.

You know what ya tried to do and it didn't work for ya.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
You brought up back to back 12 win seasons in a Dak discussion when Dak wasn't a part of all the wins in either of those seasons.

You know what ya tried to do and it didn't work for ya.
Yes he was he is a Cowboy you know part of the team

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I wonder if other fan bases forget 7 years worth of evidence because of 1 game against an 8-9 team?

I doubt it.

This is why Cowboys fans are mocked.
Funny considering Daks career per game stats across the board are ranked within top 10 for all active players with at least 50 games as well as winning percentage. So if you want include the last 7 years it is still favorable for Dak

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Funny considering Daks career per game stats across the board are ranked within top 10 for all active players with at least 50 games as well as winning percentage. So if you want include the last 7 years it is still favorable for Dak
I feel like when guys like Herbert and Burrow get 50 games under their belt this little Dak defense will move to 75 games.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I feel like when guys like Herbert and Burrow get 50 games under their belt this little Dak defense will move to 75 games.
I actually included them in the analysis because I thought it was relevant to have those two.

I actually included Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, and Tua because they were in the same draft year and certain posters would have said but...but....what about burrows and Herbert.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Odds are, yes his body would have held up. It would have been about half a season.
He had a broken collar bone, it happens. Discovered an issue that made it more likely and had that taken care of.
The 2nd collar bone was because the team was desperate and he came back too soon in an effort to salvage the season.
The back was just an unfortunate tackle with crazy awkward torque.
He was healthy, and supposedly his core was as strong as it had ever been.
Plus, if he got hurt, then you just go back to Dak and you're no worse off than you were before.

You can base the decision on facts, or silly rumors.
i did base my decision on facts when i finally decided before the cowboys did that Dak was the qb of the team.

2015 Romo hurt...season ruined. Same in 2016 and we had a young and cheap replacement who was absolutely balling.

Romo never played again....he knew.