Video: Lombardi: “This is the best version of Dak that we've seen”

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They’ve got everything invested in just one guy. We support the whole team while they just cheer for one

some of them would be thrilled if Dak puts up 300 yards against the Niners in garbage time and we lose.

not all of them but a few.…….the team in San Fran be waiting on elite Dak
No, you don't. You don't support Dak! Everyone here knows it.

Ken

Reaction score
The past 7 years shows that Dak is Dak.

The past 7 years shows that his play against the Bucs is an outlier.

The past 7 years shows that you should not expect that play from him Sunday.

The past 7 years shows that he will fail to play at the level needed consistently.
Actually...The 1st game of the year vs the Bucs was the outlier.

We have 2 games of dominant qb play vs the bucs in the last two years that is the norm.

Again....7 years shows a qb that gets better every year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Actually...The 1st game of the year vs the Bucs was the outlier.

We have 2 games of dominant qb play vs the bucs in the last two years that is the norm.

Again....7 years shows a qb that gets better every year.
The only thing Dak got better at in year 7 is throwing INTs and leading the NFL in that stat despite missing 5 games.

Oh, and he's gotten better at getting injured and missing games too.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
This guy is wildly off base. And no, what I have seen this season is not the best play I've seen of Prescott.

shabazz

Reaction score
No, you don't. You don't support Dak! Everyone here knows it.
The only thing I don’t support is Dak sucking up 20% of the teams salary…..let’s see if he can earn that cap burden on Sunday.

I also dont support Lawrences and Zekes salary’s either. Neither are elite at their positions anymore and they aren’t worth their salary cap burdens either

Ken

Reaction score
For Dak to have a good game it all starts up front with OL. They have to give him time. SF defense is much better than Tampa, so expecting the same kind of evening for Dak is a tall order. Dak must protect the ball and avoid the big mistakes. Yards will not come as easy.
Right. We are likely not putting 30+ up this week. We just have to play consistent, not turn the ball over and keep their offense off the field as much as possible.

But who knows..the raiders put points up on them just a couple of weeks ago..

Ken

Reaction score
This guy is wildly off base. And no, what I have seen this season is not the best play I've seen of Prescott.
You understand that Voch has been a pretty big critic of Dak in the past right?

Just forget the ints...half were not his fault. The rest of his game has been elite level stuff.

Ken

Reaction score
The only thing I don’t support is Dak sucking up 20% of the teams salary…..let’s see if he can earn that cap burden on Sunday.

I also dont support Lawrences and Zekes salary’s either. Neither are elite at their positions anymore and they aren’t worth their salary cap burdens either
You are spot on with Zeke and Law(although law played much closer to the value this year).

I don't understand the harping on Dak's contract though...he earns it and it is in line with his production.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right. We are likely not putting 30+ up this week. We just have to play consistent, not turn the ball over and keep their offense off the field as much as possible.

But who knows..the raiders put points up on them just a couple of weeks ago..
If defense is creating big plays, getting creating turnovers then I could see Cowboys putting up big points. This defense at times looks like sharks in a feeding frenzy, once they start things can get out of hand for the opponent quickly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Agreed, Shabazz.
:clap: :thumbup:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You are spot on with Zeke and Law(although law played much closer to the value this year).

I don't understand the harping on Dak's contract though...he earns it and it is in line with his production.
People who are clueless of the cap. Dak is not getting A money he falls into the B level money, no one is looking a Dak deal looking to get that, hell QB are now looking at the 50 mill mark. People do not get how the market works. Are QB paid too much? yes but coming down on Dak over this is beyond childish.

shabazz

Reaction score

My issue with his contract is that he’s getting paid like Mahomes and he just ain’t that dude. Mahomes is getting an average of 45mil and I dont think Dak play is anywhere near as good as mahomes is

ive said this before…I love Daks salary cap burden at 30 million a year and hate it at 40 million because it means we can’t get him the help that i believe he needs.

the Niners have built a team with salary cap burden that can win with ANY quarterback and we’ve built it to where it takes an ELITE quarterback to win a Lombardi with our roster

i would love nothing more than to have Dak earn that money and be the deciding factor in beating the Niners because up to now, in 7 years, he’s never overcome a team like this in the playoffs

THIS game is the moment of truth and I swear I will do an about face about his value if he can lead this team to a win. I’ve said from the beginning that I’d be fine in just getting to the NFC championship game

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You understand that Voch has been a pretty big critic of Dak in the past right?

Just forget the ints...half were not his fault. The rest of his game has been elite level stuff.
Yeah guys, just "forget the INTs" and Dak looks good!

You Dak fans are pure entertainment lol

Ken

Reaction score
My issue with his contract is that he’s getting paid like Mahomes and he just ain’t that dude. Mahomes is getting an average of 45mil and I dont think Dak play is anywhere near as good as mahomes is

ive said this before…I love Daks salary cap burden at 30 million a year and hate it at 40 million because it means we can’t get him the help that i believe he needs.

the Niners have built a team with salary cap burden that can win with ANY quarterback and we’ve built it to where it takes an ELITE quarterback to win a Lombardi with our roster

i would love nothing more than to have Dak earn that money and be the deciding factor in beating the Niners because up to now, in 7 years, he’s never overcome a team like this in the playoffs

THIS game is the moment of truth and I swear I will do an about face about his value if he can lead this team to a win. I’ve said from the beginning that I’d be fine in just getting to the NFC championship game
Dak is 8th highest in average salary per year. That is right in line with his value and ranking in the league, even haters would agree with that give or take a few spots.

They will rework his deal next year and they will be able to do whatever they want to do in FA and resigning their players.

I am optimistic we get this win this week. We have beat a lot of good teams this year, including an Eagles team that is as good as the 49ers just a few weeks ago.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Not going to lie, I’ve appreciated Dak a lot more after last week and this season. I’m not sure how to marry games like Washington with last week but I’m confident if they call a game like TB, getting him outside the pocket etc, we got a real shot! It’s been a rollercoaster of feelings about Dak over the years so hopefully we have a trend

Ken

Reaction score
I'm surprised you only consider half of em not his fault.
I haven't gone thru them in a while, there are likely another 1 or two that i would say aren't his fault.

I am just going by the official statistic "non turnover worthy ints". He led the league in that category this year.

Ya know....you want to talk about Outliers....trying to paint Dak as a turnover machine bc of this year and bad luck is pretty much the epitome of outliers.